Jeepdriver

Re: NLD 50 Golden Glove Anniversary

PostSat May 18, 2019 7:41 am

I'm glad it's going on your BB Big A, mine got filled up several days ago. :D

joethejet

PostSat May 18, 2019 4:19 pm

Ok, I guess I have to stop posting.

I think it's safe to say that a team that spent only $36 mil on their starting lineup AND, has defense that is off the charts, isn't built to score a lot of runs. :roll:

milleram

PostSat May 18, 2019 5:09 pm

About nine games ago, some jerk driving a Jeep, came plowing through the infield and nearly killed my 3rd baseman :o , then the same guy shows up a few games later and gets Smith---We need some help from the authorities!! This wild guy in a Jeep is trying to run over everybody!!! :evil:

Jeepdriver

PostSun May 19, 2019 7:04 am

Well the Jeep was slowed down some last night by Big A. Fortunately didn't lose ground in the WC race, remained down 1 game from Stones and Keith. One of them win win the Division, so one of us will miss the POs. I do must mention that after a sweep last night, Falcon has flown in here wanting a part of this race, and he's in it for sure. Going to be an exciting final week no doubt.

BigAlric

PostMon May 20, 2019 8:23 am

joethejet wrote:Ok, I guess I have to stop posting.

I think it's safe to say that a team that spent only $36 mil on their starting lineup AND, has defense that is off the charts, isn't built to score a lot of runs. :roll:

Uh, no. Such a team should win the championship. Great pitching, great fielding and defense, that's baseball. Not those stupid Hack-a -mac guys on steroids.

joethejet

PostMon May 20, 2019 4:15 pm

Just out of curiousity I checked my "luck" factors again. i didn't redo the entire league, but..

so, we are now -4. Especially brutal is the -12% in bphrs. We also went from .500 in one runners to -5 and no longer are lucky with unearned runs. This explains a lot about what has happened to this team I think.

Facing Jeep last night without Pederson so he has only 2 RHB in the lineup and we have 3 hard RHSP going. Should be good for us right? Nope, allowed 14 runs in the first two before Taillon tossed a shutout. In game one an error by Piscotty allows 5 runs to score in the first and Maeda is chased. In game two, a 1-9 bpsi, a 1-8 bphr and a two base error by my 1e22 at 2b allows three runs to score. Of course, Chacin only allowed six runners (despite seeing 6 LHB) in 7.2 IP so what Buehler allowed didn't really matter. <sigh> This game sucks when everything goes south at once. :cry:

Earlier in the season I mentioned Avila's curious slash. Interestingly enough, it hasn't changed much: .058 .310 .077 he is 3-52 this season! Now, I know there aren't a lot of hits on that card, BUT there should be a few off of the pitcher's card right????? Totally a SSS of course, but he's 19 walks (versus 20 k's) and only 3 hits. Crazy. :lol: Note, this isn't a complaint as it's completely within a standard deviation of what you might expect, but I think it's pretty interesting to look at. AND, with the way this season is ending for me, I have to look for something interesting ;)

Jeepdriver

PostThu May 23, 2019 11:27 am

Lost two Series in a row. Not going to make the playoffs like that. Need to turn things around pronto.

joethejet

PostThu May 23, 2019 1:50 pm

Barring a bunch of sweeps, the playoffs are all but set. EXCEPT for the WC which, right now, is tied, but belongs to KLX on tie breakers.

Stoney has the tie breaker with KLX so he's effectively up 3 1/2 games. They don't play each other either.

Stoney18

PostThu May 23, 2019 2:06 pm

Weird no-no by Snell. Still gave up 2 runs :o

Walk, Walk, WP, WP, walk, ground out

joethejet

PostFri May 24, 2019 2:08 pm

Stoney18 wrote:Weird no-no by Snell. Still gave up 2 runs :o
Walk, Walk, WP, WP, walk, ground out

No doubt!

Well, the Avila watch will be interesting tonight. Jansen is out for the last series so Avila will get a chance to get off the "bingo card". He's currently 3 for 56. I figure he'll need 4 hits over the three games to do it. Given that he's facing two backward RHP I think the odds are very slim.. :( Right now is OB is 250 points higher than his average!

Hernandez picked up is 22nd BS last night. :cry: A crazy bad season for him with an almost 5.00 ERA. He's got as many or more BS than all but four other TEAMS! Pathetic.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat