NLD 50 Golden Glove Anniversary

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

milleram

Re: NLD 50 Golden Glove Anniversary

PostTue Mar 19, 2019 8:56 pm

Certainly 3 hour slots are too much with proxy option on---in my net play league, it was started at 11 AM with 1 hour slots, which guaranteed at least one complete round per day--but there is always one or two guys that use the whole allotted time.

I usually don't use that option really, but might have with a brand new card set--I actually enjoy learning the cards without ratings guides--so I'm relying on eyeballing the cards, especially early in a given year--it just takes me a little longer to see the "value" guys with a new set than the guys that plug the whole season into a spread sheet and sort them anyway they want. (I did grab Culberson at 1M on 1st team--that was a no brainer--though he can't hit a lick so far.)

Once upon a time I was a computer geek, and certainly know the advantage of spread sheet macros--but simpler is more fun to me--takes me back to the 60's. If I could only get up at 6 AM again--but then what's the use of being retired???

Jeepdriver

PostWed Mar 20, 2019 9:07 am

There are some issues we will need to address.

1 - Ohtani. Strat can fix it to where you "can" use both cards on your team. It's not that way in a regular league, but if you ask SOM they can do it. Now I'm assuming we will strike down an Owner getting to use both cards, because that would be the Ohtani Owner would get a two for one deal so to speak. one draft pick, two players.

Additionally, there's room to put additional players on our autodraft list. Should we impose the regular limit of 25 so that we all draft the same number of players. More players means less dollars drafting, plus it might throw waivers order off?

Anyway, simple solutions probably, but something we gotta address I would think.

joethejet

PostWed Mar 20, 2019 1:12 pm

Good points Jeep. Here are my thoughts:

1. Since we didn't declare Ohtani a "double" player to start the draft we shouldn't allow it here. I'm not opposed if we want to do it going forward (is his cost 5.95?) but it needs to be stated up front.

2. I think that makes sense to leave it at 25 for our purposes. There is plenty of time to make moves. In my view, now that you have to keep 25 all season the need to cut one player before waivers is lessened.

3. What are people's thoughts on Milleram's proposal to add the autopick when your time runs out?

Jeepdriver

PostWed Mar 20, 2019 1:30 pm

I think we should let the draft proceed as normal.

BigAlric

PostWed Mar 20, 2019 2:15 pm

1 and 2: what joe said,
3: leave it like it is.

milleram

PostWed Mar 20, 2019 2:34 pm

I don't think it matters if we draft 25 or 28,---- or 26 or 27 for that matter, (or one guy draft 25 and another 28) it's still 80M total, and we could always carry 28 in the past if we wanted too (just not in initial draft) ---really only high priced leagues, 120M or more, were all the top players go is that a factor--as you can keep a player solely to keep him off another team without salary penalty.

We are drafting 19 and a park--if some has 15M left and wants to draft 9 more instead of 6 more--that's OK with me.

Semper Gumby

PostWed Mar 20, 2019 5:03 pm

klx22 wrote:I’m okay with adding the option

Seconded assuming the system can handle it.

Semper Gumby

PostWed Mar 20, 2019 5:06 pm

Rounds 7 + 8 swallowed my list of proxy picks. :o

My new strategy is like the NHL when the backup goalie is unavailable. I’m going into the crowd for my missing positional players.

joethejet

PostWed Mar 20, 2019 6:11 pm

Semper Gumby wrote:Rounds 7 + 8 swallowed my list of proxy picks. :o

My new strategy is like the NHL when the backup goalie is unavailable. I’m going into the crowd for my missing positional players.

I think your strategy should be to take NHL players to fill out your team! I hear Brent Burns can play a mean 1b. 8-) :lol:

Semper Gumby

PostThu Mar 21, 2019 6:48 pm

If I can get Bobby Clark back into a the game, I’d sign him in a second. I had his jersey as a kid who couldn’t even skate to save his own life.

These last few draft rounds will be fun with every dime bat and glove being coveted. It will be fun watching the has beens and never beens being drafted.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat