NLD 50 Golden Glove Anniversary

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

joethejet

Re: NLD 50 Golden Glove Anniversary

PostTue May 14, 2019 3:07 pm

FALCON29 wrote:
superflymacdaddyjuice wrote:My team was playing just fine until joe told them how bad they were.

Here here!
Pylons record before ratings: 47-43 +9 - 1st Place, 3 Games ahead
Pylons record since ratings: 17-22 -12 - 2nd Place, 5 Games behind

Once again, I'll remind you that correlation is NOT causation. ;)

joethejet

PostTue May 14, 2019 3:40 pm

Last night's games were the end of intra-divisional play. It's all within the divisions the rest of the way.

With that in mind, let's look at how the races shape up.

East

It appears to be a two team race with Spidey and the Bird. The two teams are 6-6 so far. However, so far, Spider is +9 in the division while Falcon is -1. So that (plus the fact that he's 5 up) would favor Spider. The ratings have these are the lowest rated teams in the league so what do they know?

Central

Probably also a two team race, but Jeep's squad has come on strong of late so they remain a dark horse here. Miller and JTJ have split their series so far. Like Spider, Miller has a better record in the division (+5 to +1). Jeep is -7 in the division and would, obviously, have to turn that around. Maybe he's due?

As in the East, due to the above factors, you have to favor Miller here. Looking at just the parks left to play in, the ratings also favor Milleram

West

Probably a two team race, but Semper remains on the fringe of the race, six back, and like Jeep, a dark horse.

Stoney has continued his streaky ways, so much so that, after leading the division the entire season, he has now fallen a game back of KLX. To counter that, Stones can point to a superior division record (+9 v +1) . To counter the counter, KLX is 8-7 versus Stoney and has six games at home with Stoney versus 3 on the road. The two team's ratings in the four parks are almost identical. Stoney is better against all three teams at home and in Doug's park, while KLX is also better than all three teams at home and is better than both Semp and Doug on the road.

It may come down to KLX having an extra three games at home against Stoney. Either way it breaks, it will probably come down to the last series. Also, both teams will be contending for the WC. Speaking of which....

Wild Card

Removing the current division leaders, the WC standings are:

Stoney 69
JTJ... 68 -1
Jeep 65 -4
Falcon 64 -5
Semper 64 -5

Stoney and JTJ would be the favorites, but any of these teams could get hot and get there.

If you look at the divisional records, Stones and JTJ are the only two teams over .500 and Jeep and Semper are -7 and -9 respectively. Falcon is only -1. From a ratings perspective, Semper and Stoney have the best shots although they are in the toughest division, while JTJ is far ahead of Jeep and Falcon. Of course, the ratings are definitely not the final word here. Falcon plays in a weak division so that could also factor in. Although, the two teams behind him have better ratings.

Given the current standings and the divisional records, you have to favor Stoney for the WC with JTJ hoping to get a break to get there. . The other three will need to get very hot.

FALCON29

PostTue May 14, 2019 4:36 pm

joethejet wrote:Once again, I'll remind you that correlation is NOT causation. ;)

Well, maybe not. But to quote a favorite and appropriate scene from The Jerk:

Mama: It's your birthday, and it's time you knew. Navin, you're not our natural born child.
Navin: I'm not?
Mama: You were left on our doorstep. But we raised you like you were one of us.
Navin: You mean I'm going to stay this color?

In other words, ignorance is bliss.

joethejet

PostTue May 14, 2019 5:43 pm

FALCON29 wrote:
joethejet wrote:Once again, I'll remind you that correlation is NOT causation. ;)

Mama: It's your birthday, and it's time you knew. Navin, you're not our natural born child.

LOL :lol: :lol:

superflymacdaddyjuice

PostTue May 14, 2019 6:24 pm

FALCON29 wrote:

Brilliant

milleram

PostTue May 14, 2019 6:47 pm

I can choke with the best of them---I have a knack for coming from ahead to blow it--especially the last 12 months.

Accents and Braumasters were the two teams I thought would be there at the end in central division--both are underachieving and wouldn't surprise me if either got very hot all the sudden. Joes team has been the most steady team to me so far--and steady just might win out in the long run. KLX has been in the zone for a couple of years now too. That's what makes these leagues fun though--all the managers are so good.

As much as I complain about 1 SS and 1 2B costing too much generally -- I think Arcia at .61M is a steal, it seems that if you compare 1 and 2 SS or 2B--the same hitting card costs about 1M more for a 1 guy vs a 2--so Arcia out to be 1M if he can't hit any at all. With his highish errors I guess he's priced like a 2SS. Anyway, Arcia is why I favored jeep as the season started.

Spider 67

PostWed May 15, 2019 7:56 am

I know this has nothing to do with strat, but I thought I'd share one of those small joys in life.

Yesterday, I was carded at Wal-Mart (2 bottle of wine). The lady in line behind us burst out laughing. Then the checker actually entered my birth date into the computer. You'd think seeing 1945 as my birth year would have been enough to save that step.

klx22

PostWed May 15, 2019 8:24 am

Spider 67 wrote:I know this has nothing to do with strat, but I thought I'd share one of those small joys in life.

Yesterday, I was carded at Wal-Mart (2 bottle of wine). The lady in line behind us burst out laughing. Then the checker actually entered my birth date into the computer. You'd think seeing 1945 as my birth year would have been enough to save that step.

8-)

Jeepdriver

PostWed May 15, 2019 9:08 am

My Dark Horse is running around the pasture in a pretty good mood today. ;)

Stoney18

PostWed May 15, 2019 10:54 am

Hopefully the sweep on the road evens things out with klx and me.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat