NLD 50 Golden Glove Anniversary

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

doug_tucker10

Re: NLD 50 Golden Glove Anniversary

PostSat Mar 30, 2019 10:35 am

Ive overturned my roster..mostly the hitters..good defense is fine but almost 9M for an CF with an OPS barely over .800 is overrated IMHO..my 2 best 2018 teams thus far have used off center strategies..I intentionally drafted a team full of good players with high risk injury factors ( a couple of 6's and 4's to name a few) and thus far they are on a pace after 57 games to carry my team to about 120 wins :o :shock: ..Strat will level that pace off at some point.my 40-17 has only made 17 errors..I only have one 1 (SS) on the team..a 4 at 1b, a 3 at 2b and RF.My other well oiled team was drafted with the idea of stealing a ton of bases.The base stealing hasnt really taken hold but team is still doing well.

joethejet

PostSat Mar 30, 2019 2:26 pm

Jeepdriver wrote:Noticed an interesting fact in my Division. The Braus and Pet Rocks have spent approx Half their cap on Pitching. Almost 40mil each. Meanwhile, Joe and I are at approx 30mil, which I think is more standard in 80mil leagues. Just an interesting tidbit I thought I would share.

No surprise that Big A has a pitching team eh? ;)

milleram

PostSat Mar 30, 2019 3:57 pm

For Jeeps note on pitching salaries: I haven't had a team that can pitch for a year now, now matter what sum I spent, I was near bottom most teams.

I know I spent a bunch on pitching--and not expecting to necessarily make playoffs because I won't hit that much, but I do expect to have one of the better pitching teams--(even with my mediocre defense)--if I don't, I am starting to wonder about the AI and pitching--HAL is pulling pitchers much faster than it used to. Starters and Relievers. I had a starter throwing a perfect game get pulled at F9--so they have shortened up everyone by an inning (except the 1 inning guys), and the possibility he gets pulled even at F9 has gone way up also.

BigAlric

PostSun Mar 31, 2019 12:17 pm

No surprise that Big A has a pitching team eh? ;)[/quote]

Pitching team? I spent less than 40mil on pitching! :D

joethejet

PostMon Apr 01, 2019 2:06 pm

BigAlric wrote:No surprise that Big A has a pitching team eh? ;)

Pitching team? I spent less than 40mil on pitching! :D[/quote]

LOL

klx22

PostMon Apr 01, 2019 4:25 pm

Slow day at work caused me to be a lil Semper-esque and make some last minute moves. I have a feeling these moves are either going to work out really great or very terrible for me! :lol:

joethejet

PostMon Apr 01, 2019 5:45 pm

Made the move of the season by picking up Brach for Rusin. I'm quite sure that he will lead us to a Ring! ;) :lol:

Semper must be planning another big move, he just cleared $5 mil in cap! :lol:

joethejet

PostTue Apr 02, 2019 1:56 am

Well, Brach got my first BS of the season so, maybe not. :cry:

I didn't have Familia set as closer and that was a mistake that has be remedied. However, Brach isn't bad v RHP. He had to get a 1-13 to beat him.

Not sure I like the new PH in the lineups. Seems like you shouldn't PH in the second inning!

milleram

PostTue Apr 02, 2019 2:08 pm

The Brach hit made up for the 5 run 2nd inning vs Scherzer--talking of odds, 2 singles in a row off SSX or 2BX, both 3 fielders I know, but .2 x .2 = .04 any one of which had higher odds of being a DP--so one .65 chance off Brach :?:

joethejet

PostTue Apr 02, 2019 2:28 pm

milleram wrote:The Brach hit made up for the 5 run 2nd inning vs Scherzer--talking of odds, 2 singles in a row off SSX or 2BX, both 3 fielders I know, but .2 x .2 = .04 any one of which had higher odds of being a DP--so one .65 chance off Brach :?:

Well, my point wasn't really that it was totally luck, just that Brach had a decent chance of getting him out and had the split gone the other way (only .35 I know) he would have gotten the save instead of the BS. I made a big deal about picking up Brach (obviously the *key* move of the offseason ;) :lol: ) and I thought it was funny that he got a BS in the first series!

However, since you brought it up ;) , there was the 1-9 single off of Claudio (left on left) on the previous batter so, combining the two ends up with only a 29% chance of your winning the game. Then throw in the fact that Pham is < 19% likely to get a hit off of his card and less than that off of Brach's card..... Oh, and then there's the 1-5 BPHR that would have ended the game with a flyout had you missed it. So that lowers the odds to 7.3% ;) Eh, it's a dice game, I expect such shenanigans during the season. <sigh> You just hope they go both ways right? Just like you pointed out with Scherzer.

Of course, the odds of getting those off of Scherzer was certainly lucky, but that was a different game.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat