NLD 50 Golden Glove Anniversary

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

joethejet

Re: NLD 50 Golden Glove Anniversary

PostWed May 15, 2019 3:48 pm

milleram wrote:I can choke with the best of them---I have a knack for coming from ahead to blow it--especially the last 12 months.

Accents and Braumasters were the two teams I thought would be there at the end in central division--both are underachieving and wouldn't surprise me if either got very hot all the sudden. Joes team has been the most steady team to me so far--and steady just might win out in the long run. KLX has been in the zone for a couple of years now too. That's what makes these leagues fun though--all the managers are so good.

As much as I complain about 1 SS and 1 2B costing too much generally -- I think Arcia at .61M is a steal, it seems that if you compare 1 and 2 SS or 2B--the same hitting card costs about 1M more for a 1 guy vs a 2--so Arcia out to be 1M if he can't hit any at all. With his highish errors I guess he's priced like a 2SS. Anyway, Arcia is why I favored jeep as the season started.

Wow, we SUCKED last night. Got swept at home against Miller. ZERO chance to catch him now, 7 back. AND, we're only a game ahead of Jeep so....

Scored all of six runs while allowing 20. :cry: That was horrible. :?

Won 8 straight and then we have lost 7 of 9. WTF?
Last edited by joethejet on Wed May 15, 2019 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

joethejet

PostWed May 15, 2019 3:55 pm

Stoney18 wrote:Hopefully the sweep on the road evens things out with klx and me.

That's HUGE for you Stones. Congrats. Must have been a night for road sweeps. :(

klx22

PostWed May 15, 2019 4:31 pm

joethejet wrote:
Stoney18 wrote:Hopefully the sweep on the road evens things out with klx and me.

That's HUGE for you Stones. Congrats. Must have been a night for road sweeps. :(

You jinxed us, JTJ!

joethejet

PostThu May 16, 2019 1:20 pm

Must have jinxed myself too KLX. Lost 2 of 3 against Big A last night. Going to have to figure out a way to stop my slide.....

Jeepdriver

PostFri May 17, 2019 8:08 am

We continue to be motivated by the following bulletin board material:

....while JTJ is far ahead of Jeep and Falcon.

This Dark Horse has plenty of pent-up energy and plans to stay in the race. Although it's still a long shot to win the Division, and the WC is going to be difficult being 3 games back to two teams battling for their Division.

Spider 67

PostFri May 17, 2019 9:08 am

Chickens are coming home to roost. :x :(

joethejet

PostFri May 17, 2019 11:30 am

Yup, definitely jinxed myself. We are DONE. Lost 11 of 13 :cry: Two one run games last night including one in extras. Both the BS's. Hernandez, has just KILLED us, almost a 5.00 ERA and 18 BS. I *think* he's pretty good. Not sure why he's sucked so bad. Well, that's not true, I do know. He's given up 32 HRs in 158 innings. Considering he pitched in Cincy that's gotta be some bad luck. He gave up six last year in "Great American Small Park' so should have 14 with more IP. Yeah, I know it would be more with our league, but that's not even close to statistically accurate. I know it happens to guys all the time, but his has just killed me all season. Heck, he's got seven more HRs than Taillon. I kept thinking it would turn around, but nope.

Brutal.

joethejet

PostFri May 17, 2019 11:39 am

Jeepdriver wrote:We continue to be motivated by the following bulletin board material:

....while JTJ is far ahead of Jeep and Falcon.

This Dark Horse has plenty of pent-up energy and plans to stay in the race. Although it's still a long shot to win the Division, and the WC is going to be difficult being 3 games back to two teams battling for their Division.

I guess so... However, what was written was true as true can be. A lot of things have gone your way

yeah, we've definitely fallen apart. We couldn't beat you even without Arcia. Congrats for shelling Hernandez like everyone else this year. When Buehler can't get a win against Keller, you know you're not getting a lot of rolls. :(

joethejet

PostSat May 18, 2019 1:56 am

Wow, three more losses tonight. WTF? I know we're not *this* bad. Yeesh. This stinks. We gave up 21 runs to Big A who, while might be a decent team, is certainly not architected to be an offensive juggernaut. Ugh. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :oops: :oops: :oops: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Oh, and Hernandez got another BS. LOL. :lol: :lol: :lol:

BigAlric

PostSat May 18, 2019 4:29 am

joethejet wrote:Wow, three more losses tonight. WTF? I know we're not *this* bad. Yeesh. This stinks. We gave up 21 runs to Big A who, while might be a decent team, is certainly not architected to be an offensive juggernaut. Ugh. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :oops: :oops: :oops: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Oh, and Hernandez got another BS. LOL. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, that is quite the bulletin board material we need.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat