20XX KL's - There's a problem

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Palmtana

20XX KL's - There's a problem

PostSun Mar 03, 2019 2:31 am

SOM has made a change in roster requirements. Before this season mangers were required to carry a minimum of 10 P's on their team. Now the minimum is 11. Ramifications:

1. A practical example. I have a team in a KL with 5 good starters and Taylor Cole (S4/C3; $5.35). Also on the roster is
A. Vizcaino ($1.33). I would like to drop Vizcaino, use Cole in relief, and have a 10 man pitching staff. Can't do it. I'm forced to keep Vizcaino on my roster because of the minimum 11 P's requirement.

2. Autoleagues/Players Championship members. As usual you are required to draft 11 P's. But because of the new 11 P minimum requirement, and the still in force 25 minimum team roster requirement, you can no longer drop anyone to clear up cap space for waivers.

A short term solution for KL's: tcochran, Commissioner of the Pre-Card Draft KL, raised the minimum number of players on a team from 25 to 26. Thanks for the idea Hawk. This allows room for the 15th hitter that we are used to playing with. I followed suit in HCKL and suggest other Commishes do the same. But that's just a band-aid.

If you would, email SOM and let them know that the 11 P minimum needs to be reverted to 10. Let's flood their inbox.

365support@strat-o-matic.com

Palmtana

Re: 20XX KL's - There's a problem

PostTue Mar 05, 2019 3:16 am

This may be a fools errand but if your going to be a fool better to do it electronically than in person. Here is the e-mail I sent to SOM:

Hello,

The change from a minimum of 10 P's to 11 P's is causing consternation. Until this change occurred managers were able to drop a pitcher to clear cap space for waivers. This is no longer possible.

Here are some comments I've seen:

-DOWNER. No flexibility post AD.

-What a boring post draft, pre-waiver period this new rule creates. No flexibility whatsoever. Booo....

-Honestly the inability to drop anyone pre waivers kills it for me. I already asked to get my credit back for the first auto league that ran……Ruins the game that has had pre waivers flexibility for 17 years.

Here are 2 examples of how this change affects keeper leagues:

- (My own team) I have a team in a KL with 5 good starters and Taylor Cole (S4/C3; $5.35). Also on the roster is A. Vizcaino ($1.33). I would like to drop Vizcaino, use Cole in relief, and have a 10 man pitching staff. Can't do it. I'm forced to keep Vizcaino on my roster because of the minimum 11 P's requirement.

-Keeper leagues are having to change their rules to allow 26 players, from the traditional 25, on their rosters to accommodate a 15th hitter that they are accustomed to playing with.

You've just lost Barnstormers in ATG. Do the right thing and change the P minimum from 11 back to 10 so you don't lose further participation in the game.

Bob (Palmtana)

If you agree with any of the above let SOM know at 365support@strat-o-matic.com.

Palmtana

Re: 20XX KL's - There's a problem

PostTue Mar 05, 2019 1:52 pm

I received a reply from SOM:

We have seen and appreciate the feedback on this. We do understand how this can take away flexibility during the waiver process. We have investigated other improvements in the draft process that would allow users to get this flexibility back; specifically the ability to draft between the set's minimum and maximum number of players as opposed to the set 25 man draft. If this feature is implemented we hope it would eliminate any concerns about the waiver flexibility.

So it sounds like something is in the works.

Return to Individual League Chat