Dual Franchise League Season 22

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Toine

Dual Franchise League Season 22

PostTue Nov 06, 2018 5:17 pm

DUAL FRANCHISE LEAGUE SEASON 21

This is the 22nd season of the dual franchise league. This League is using the ATG POST WWII CARD SET. Salary cap is 145 million, 5% DROP; WE WILL NOT BE USING A DH this season. You MUST have a players card on one of your franchises in order to use him on your roster.
************HOWEVER BECAUSE WE ARE NOT USING A DH, Each team will be allowed to make 2 trades, contrary to the line above you may have 2 players that are not on one of the franchises you drafted but they must be acquired via a trade. Also unlike the last time we allowed trades; you can agree with another manager to make a trade while the draft is still going on but you must draft the player you are trading and trade him in preseason. This will make it easier for everyone to track any trades by simply looking at the transaction list.

Each manager must pick one team from each column below. . For the most part , teams on the left are original franchises and most teams on the right are expansion teams. ( THERE ARE SOME EXCEPTIONS HOWEVER, AND SOME TEAMS ARE COMBINED BECAUSE OF LACK OF PLAYERS.) A manager has exclusive rights to players on his roster; if a player is on more than one roster, he belongs to the team where his salary is highest. We are using a serpentine draft, so each manager picks one team first and then we reverse the order. You can make your first pick from either column. List of teams will be posted below. Please sign up using the cut and paste method. Official draft order will follow.

I believe we have everyone returning, please let me know if we are missing anyone.

Toine

Re: Dual Franchise League Season 22

PostTue Nov 06, 2018 5:22 pm

Here is the team list for season 22

POST -----------------EXPANSION

Dodgers-----------Angels

YANKEES---------Mets

Red Sox------------Expos/Nationals

Giants --------------Royals

Cubs----------------Astros

Pirates------------Mariners

REDS--------------Toronto

Phillies-----------Padres

Tigers------------Rockies/Tampa

Indians----------Texas/Senators (1962 and after)

Cardinals--------Brewers

Braves-----------Twins/Senators (1961 and before)

Orioles...........Athletics

-------------------Whitesox

------------------MARLINS/DBACKS

Toine

PostTue Nov 06, 2018 5:32 pm

Here is the draft order for season 22

1) Piloneus382
2) GARRETGOODRICH
3) Visick
4) MEAT
5) SPLINTER
6) TOINE
7) TREYOMO
8) PDIXON101
9) FALCON29
10) FRANKMANSUETO
11) HARMONK
12) GAMIAM
13) GAMIAM
14) HARMONK
15) FRANKMANSUETO
16) FALCON29
17) PDIXON101
18) TREYOMO
19) TOINE
20) SPLINTER
21) MEAT
22) Visick
23) GARRETGOODRICH
24) PILONEUS382

Toine

PostTue Nov 06, 2018 6:00 pm

Here is a list from the past 8 season showing from what position the 4 playoff teams drafted. Looks like the 4 and 5 spots are good spot to be drafting from !

Season 14) teams drafting 4,6,10,11 made the playoffs

Season 15) 2,4,8,10

Season 16) 1,2,4,11

Season17 ) 1,5,8, 12

Season 18) 4,6,8,10

Season 19) 4,5,7, 10

Season 20) 4,5,6, 9

Season21) 2,5,8,11

Toine

PostTue Nov 06, 2018 6:07 pm

I don't believe there were any records broken in season 21 so I am not going to post all the records. There was one notable stat I discovered however; Pee Wee Reese, that's right Pee Wee Reese led the league by far with 19 intentional walks! Which begs the question who was hitting behind him ????????

GARRETTGOODRICH

PostTue Nov 06, 2018 11:31 pm

Toine wrote:I don't believe there were any records broken in season 21 so I am not going to post all the records. There was one notable stat I discovered however; Pee Wee Reese, that's right Pee Wee Reese led the league by far with 19 intentional walks! Which begs the question who was hitting behind him ????????

Against righties, it was most typically # 8 hitter OBP walks machine 3B Chone Figgins; against lefties, it was most typically 2B Luis Castillo.

GARRETTGOODRICH

PostTue Nov 06, 2018 11:34 pm

Toine wrote:DUAL FRANCHISE LEAGUE SEASON 21

This is the 22nd season of the dual franchise league. This League is using the ATG POST WWII CARD SET. Salary cap is 145 million, 5% DROP; WE WILL NOT BE USING A DH this season. You MUST have a players card on one of your franchises in order to use him on your roster.
************HOWEVER BECAUSE WE ARE NOT USING A DH, Each team will be allowed to make 2 trades, contrary to the line above you may have 2 players that are not on one of the franchises you drafted but they must be acquired via a trade. Also unlike the last time we allowed trades; you can agree with another manager to make a trade while the draft is still going on but you must draft the player you are trading and trade him in preseason. This will make it easier for everyone to track any trades by simply looking at the transaction list.

Each manager must pick one team from each column below. . For the most part , teams on the left are original franchises and most teams on the right are expansion teams. ( THERE ARE SOME EXCEPTIONS HOWEVER, AND SOME TEAMS ARE COMBINED BECAUSE OF LACK OF PLAYERS.) A manager has exclusive rights to players on his roster; if a player is on more than one roster, he belongs to the team where his salary is highest. We are using a serpentine draft, so each manager picks one team first and then we reverse the order. You can make your first pick from either column. List of teams will be posted below. Please sign up using the cut and paste method. Official draft order will follow.

I believe we have everyone returning, please let me know if we are missing anyone.

Regarding the statement of "You MUST have a players card on one of your franchises in order to use him on your roster. " - Are we, or are we not, going by what we typically have whereby a franchise gets rights to a player if his highest salary card is with that franchise?

Treyomo

PostWed Nov 07, 2018 12:07 pm

A couple interesting tidbits:

- #3 spot hasn't made it into playoffs in the last eight seasons, per Toine's data
- Since I joined in Season 16, the Giants franchise has never had a winning record. They are always drafted early, their SPs are a mess, and the 2nd franchises available are almost always weak in the pitching department. I think if they were drafted later in the 1st round, you could probably create a pretty dynamic combo, but their hitting is just too good to pass up early.

visick

PostWed Nov 07, 2018 12:31 pm

Tell me about it

I think I've had them (GIANTS) at least twice.

Nothing to show for it.

MEAT

PostWed Nov 07, 2018 12:50 pm

Bay Area Giants-A’s combo won 91 and finished in first. Lost finals naturally.
Next

Return to Individual League Chat