Ice Cream/Peanuts/Hot Dog- Chat/Transactions

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Eddie E

Re: Ice Cream/Peanuts/Hot Dog- Chat/Transactions

PostWed May 20, 2020 3:34 pm

I agree with most of what has been posted. Tim K is a good guy and can make his own decisions regarding his team but knowing (from my experience only, I cant speak for anyone else) Dave can be somewhat forceful in his trade dealings.
It seems odd that Dave has repeatedly traded with Tim K to the point that it would appear that Dave is treating Tim as his minor league team. I dont view the trades as being very even or fair and it does become a concern over time.

timklucinec

PostWed May 20, 2020 6:25 pm

Guys,
I appreciate the concern about the trades with Dave. In the the Marte Trade, Dave approached me about Marte, CF. I told him " give me an offer that I can't refuse". I was platooning Marte v RHP and I had 3 backups as surplus. I wanted Mercado in return as he is going to be the Indians starting CF & plays all 3 OF positions.He had his best year in 2019 since 2014 & the Pirates traded him to SD. Pissed me off as I am a die hard Pirates fan. I know business is business, but just the same. Garver didn't adjust well to PNC Park with me. I wanted Gomes in return. He signed a multi year contract with the Nationals as a starter. Josh James is an up & coming Pitcher.
James is slated to be the 5th Starter for the Astros. Matt Thompson, SP CHW (Prospect), a rookie out of Cypress Ranch HS, Cypress, TX(Houston area). Excellent pitcher. Strong Baseball program based on my 32 years living in Texas.
Danny Santana was on Dave's Available Players to Move List. I was interested for his versatility, bat & defense. He's slated to be the Rangers starting CF, but can used everywhere except C & P. Right now I have Encarnacion. at 1B with Walker & Dozier. Encarnacion is 37 & with CHW as a DH. I don't have a problem with Dave picking the !st & 2nd Rnd 2021 Prospects Team & me getting Rnds 3 & 4. I don't see anyone asking me for Encarnacion.
Eddie inquired about Odorizzi, SP. & I asked him what did he have to offer. He gave me a list & I picked Ryan McMahon, 2b, COL. He's 25 and hit 24 HRS in 2019. He will be the starting 2B for the Rockies & gets on base. He can also play 1B/3B if need. I didn't want another SP as I have plenty.

I always check the scouting reports on players to be traded on CBS Sports.com mostly & sometime Yahoo Sports on whether
I like what I see in return. If I don't like it, I won't trade. In my early dealings with Dave, he was a hard bargainer. It depended on what did I really want in return. I've pushed back quite a few times with Dave in this league & the league I'm a commissioner. I questioned some trades in this league but, never complained. Everyone has their reasons for trading. Some guys will take advantage of other owners & rip them off, most won't. "Another man's trash is another person's treasure". Some guys might gain an advantage in their division based upon a trade. I see all the time "I've got so an so available to help you with a division run" Nobody says anything about that.
I mostly went for youth in these trade except for Yan Gomes, C (32)/Garver, C(29).
Anyway, that's my thoughts about my trades. If you think I'm crazy, so be it. I've backed up why I made them. Hopefully, they work out. Isn't that we all do? What looks good on paper, doesn't always happen. We hope hope it does.

Tim K

willmurr24

PostFri May 22, 2020 9:55 pm

i once considered entering two teams under two identities when a league was forming several years ago,just for the evil thrill of it all . Two initial drafts. Do the best I can in both . Then play out the years ,two seasons each year. Gradually ,through carefully disguised trades , one team rises to be a perennial power ,the other gradually sinks to the leagues bottom where it accumulates high draft picks season after season . Poor trades involving these players accumulated at the top of draft after draft-doom this team to the western division year after year. Would make a great strat-o-matic spy thriller if this genre existed .Has anyone ever seen Superman and Clark Kent together

willmurr24

PostSat May 23, 2020 8:46 am

All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others , so said Jed Clampett . He of coarse was wrong as anyone knows who has seen me and Shaq together or me and Brad Pitt or me and Einstein . No men are created equal .However in a political or legal sense we have in the course of human history attempted to establish equality . Many such attempts have been disasters , meet Robespierre , Stalin .Mao and Fidel to name a few . A few attempts , most notably our own nations founding, have fared better , not fared perfectly but better.
This thing of ours , strat 365, has fared well . We all play by the same rules. When we enter a league no questions concerning our race , gender or shoe size are asked , would that that applied to the rest of our lives . That it doesn't
is one reason among many that we enjoy this escape .
Two sure ways of turning this to shit are holding secret meetings , like a fantasy version of the sulfurous Adam Schiff , and then applying rules (trading rules ) that apply to only two "citizens ".
So I vote no .

willmurr24

PostSat May 23, 2020 8:51 am

PS I really am not sure if I took this seriously , but I am sure I took it as seriously as was appropriate

lakeviewdave

PostThu May 28, 2020 7:23 am

Eddie E wrote:I agree with most of what has been posted. Tim K is a good guy and can make his own decisions regarding his team but knowing (from my experience only, I cant speak for anyone else) Dave can be somewhat forceful in his trade dealings.
It seems odd that Dave has repeatedly traded with Tim K to the point that it would appear that Dave is treating Tim as his minor league team. I dont view the trades as being very even or fair and it does become a concern over time.

Forceful? Did I use abusive language? Did I threaten to hurt your in any way? Tim and I have had conversations in nearly all the trades we have made, not just hey give me player Y for this or that, its called negotiating, you should try it sometime, but you just ignore messages, which is fine, live and learn and move on. I have an experienced team, Tim's is much younger. Funny how all this started AFTER the season ended and not when one thought it was a bad trade.

Tell me who win this lopsided deal?
Player A trades Kershaw to Player B for M.Dubon and A.Toro

We may not all like all the deals that are made for various reasons, each manager has their reasons for making the deals they make, no one is getting forced into a deal. I have been in enough leagues that if there was some type of collusion going on the entire league would know about it and deal with it in an appropriate way.

fredpaii

PostThu May 28, 2020 9:36 am

Dave, I need you to communicate with people in our league in a more friendly manor. And it would be great if you would own your abrasiveness. I can't communicate with you any longer because you've been so abusive with me in your PM's in the past. I believe others have had similar experiences with you...so they simply no longer respond to your trade offers. For me it's been so bad I recently asked for someone in the league to take over the role of Commissioner. Am I too sensitive? Maybe. But I believe there is good reason for that.

Perhaps you might relate to some of this...I was sexually molested by my father from a young age all the way into my late teens. My father also would hit me with a closed fist in my face on occasion for no good reason. He would humiliate me, demean me, yell at me, pretty much be mean to me in any way possible on a daily basis while I was growing up. My Mother (and step-mother later on) would see this behavior from my father and not do anything. Step-Mom would say "You better not be doing that to my daughter (my step-sister)!" And nothing about what he was doing to me.

Basically I learned to not have any value for myself and I was in major need of love. Well, I couldn't get love from my Mom either. When I was 11 years old she moved out and went to Missouri with another man. Leaving me alone with my abusive father. As a result of all this abuse and instability I grew to be scared or people. Scared in a way that is primal. It's as though I have no defense against abusive behavior. I'm so needy I would stay around people later in adulthood that were also very abusive. I pretty much only know abusiveness as it relates to people.

Finally I had to do something different to hopefully not feel so cut off from people and even myself. Because I also experienced a loss of identity at times. Not amnesia but more like I would copy someone else's identity when in their space for a little while. Very disorienting. I would curl up and be totally still and quiet while waiting hours until the fractured "me" came back up to the surface.

So what I ended up doing was going to a Psychiatrist and taking meds for adhd, ocd, heavy anxiety/panic disorder, depression, and some borderline personality traits. All of that still wasn't enough to give me relief of my fears. So in addition to those meds I - just out of desperation - started meditating. And I once had a session in 1999 where I got up out of my recliner feeling total and complete love. It was a heavenly experience for me. So I meditate when I really need to. Although I recognize it would be better to do as a daily routine. But baby steps I guess...

Anyways, that's my story.

Eddie E

PostThu May 28, 2020 2:43 pm

Fred, sorry to hear about your childhood. Hopefully you could find some good in it but regardless, at least you seem to have found a way to move on and make the best of things. Good luck with everything and I hope tomorrow brings as good a future as your past was bad.

Eddie E

PostThu May 28, 2020 2:45 pm

Dave, I will PM you my explanation of my comments so you can ask me anything you like about our relationship in this league and get a truthful answer.

fredpaii

PostThu May 28, 2020 3:29 pm

willmurr24 wrote:All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others , so said Jed Clampett . He of coarse was wrong as anyone knows who has seen me and Shaq together or me and Brad Pitt or me and Einstein . No men are created equal .However in a political or legal sense we have in the course of human history attempted to establish equality . Many such attempts have been disasters , meet Robespierre , Stalin .Mao and Fidel to name a few . A few attempts , most notably our own nations founding, have fared better , not fared perfectly but better.
This thing of ours , strat 365, has fared well . We all play by the same rules. When we enter a league no questions concerning our race , gender or shoe size are asked , would that that applied to the rest of our lives . That it doesn't
is one reason among many that we enjoy this escape .
Two sure ways of turning this to shit are holding secret meetings , like a fantasy version of the sulfurous Adam Schiff , and then applying rules (trading rules ) that apply to only two "citizens ".
So I vote no .

We all have our points of view. In the end I believe your's was correct in this case, willmurr. I just couldn't build up myself enough to deal with Dave at the time. Hence the secrecy.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat