PostMon Nov 04, 2019 11:09 am

Updated availables after recent trades

Josh Reddick LF/RF
Edwin Encarncion 1B/DH
David Fletcher 2B/SS available
Alex Kirilloff OF/1B (prospect)
Eric Pardinho SP (prospect)

Michael Brantley LF could be dealt as well
Last edited by lakeviewdave on Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

madal

Re: Ice Cream/Peanuts/Hot Dog- Chat/Transactions

PostTue Nov 05, 2019 1:04 pm

Question regarding this years prospect draft: All 30 MLB teams are eligible to be drafted, even those selected last year? Except if you select a team from last year, you can't protect any prospects that were taken in last years prospect draft? For example, San Diego can be selected, but Tatis can't be protected because Rant protected him last year.

fredpaii

PostTue Nov 05, 2019 8:05 pm

madal wrote:Question regarding this years prospect draft: All 30 MLB teams are eligible to be drafted, even those selected last year? Except if you select a team from last year, you can't protect any prospects that were taken in last years prospect draft? For example, San Diego can be selected, but Tatis can't be protected because Rant protected him last year.

Basically we can't draft anyone on someone else's team. So one of us can select San Diego again this year but can't draft Tatis or Gore...or the two other guys Rant selected.

Terry101

PostWed Nov 06, 2019 1:54 am

Sorry- I am a little confused on the prospect rule- we can keep prospects for two years, so I think the fact that we promote them this year in order to protect them is contrary to the rule- the example given was San Diego, but even if Rant did not promote Tatis, wouldn't he still be on his roster as a prospect?
I have Atlanta so if someone selects Atlanta are my four prospects protected? Can someone clarify? Thanks

fredpaii

PostWed Nov 06, 2019 2:26 am

Terry101 wrote:Sorry- I am a little confused on the prospect rule- we can keep prospects for two years, so I think the fact that we promote them this year in order to protect them is contrary to the rule- the example given was San Diego, but even if Rant did not promote Tatis, wouldn't he still be on his roster as a prospect?
I have Atlanta so if someone selects Atlanta are my four prospects protected? Can someone clarify? Thanks

Tatis will have another year of prospect eligibility so even if Rant decides not to promote him he still owns him for another year regardless.

Your prospects are your own. They can't be taken from you unless the two-year expiration date expires. And then only if you have not promoted or traded said prospects. Make sure you either cut, trade or promote your prospects within two years of drafting and you're good to go. Just as in many other Keeper leagues.

Terry101

PostWed Nov 06, 2019 2:46 pm

Thanks for clarifying-

fredpaii

PostWed Nov 06, 2019 5:28 pm

Here's something else you all need to know about prospects. Let's say it's the calendar year 2020 and the prospects we drafted in 2018 need to be decided on. Do you keep (promote), trade, or cut? Well, if you choose to cut a prospect you may redraft him and said prospect acquires two more years of prospect eligibility! Of course, cutting a prospect means anyone else can pick him up as well. And then they would inherit two years of prospect eligibility for the prospect.

lakeviewdave

PostThu Nov 07, 2019 7:00 pm

Lakeviewdave trades

Robinson Chirinos C

To Eddie E for

2020 5th FA pick

To be confirmed

Eddie E

PostThu Nov 07, 2019 10:06 pm

I confirm