Ice Cream/Peanuts/Hot Dog- Chat/Transactions

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

fredpaii

Re: Ice Cream/Peanuts/Hot Dogs Keeper League (FULL)

PostTue Oct 30, 2018 8:33 am

I'm amending both Ghosts' time windows and Madal's to the following...

Ghost will have 1 and a half hours for picks in rounds two through thirty and one hour for rounds 31-40.

Madal will have three hours for rounds 2-6. Then Madal has 1 and a half hours for rounds 7 through 30. 31-40 will be one hour each. This gives Madal more time to get acclimated to the draft. Especially during the crucial early rounds. Five extended rounds for Madal.

Eddie E

PostTue Oct 30, 2018 10:06 am

"Also wanted to add that on Tuesday's and Thursday's we will go off the clock for six hours each day from 11am, EST to 5pm, EST...OR 8am, PST to 2pm, PST if you're a West Coast'er like myself. That's only on Tuesday's and Thursday's. I have obligations that take me away from my computer those days. Clock will start before 11am, EST on those days - at 9:30am, EST - and will restart at 2pm, EST. You may still pick when the clock is off of course as long as the person right before you has picked. I may amend this (by leaving proxies instead --but I hate those) if things slow down too much for us.

Just thought of something else we could do on those Tuesday's and Thursday's. We can simply leave the clock ON from 11am, EST to 5pm, EST and just put my pick OFF the clock. That way we can still get some picks in during prime draft time slots...as long as my time slot isn't assigned at 11am that particular day. Another thing we could do is have one of you give me a buzz - or text - with the days picks up to my time slot. I can then text or call back my pick in less than an hour since I do get breaks those days. But someone would need to contact me promptly with the picks when my time slot begins...OR right after the guy before me picks."

Fred, I think it would be fair to make sure that all of us have the same drafting rules (other than Madal and BigMahon as you suggested) . What you stated above applies to me as well and I am sure others. When I am at work, I have no internet access and I can only check my phone during breaks. So your issue on Tuesdays and Thursdays applies to me 5 days a week. It would be best if someone is assigned to text those unavailable for their picks IMO. What do you think?

Rant

PostTue Oct 30, 2018 10:19 am

We could just start drafting now and leave the clock off. We'd be done by the time the next cards come out ;)

I'm happy to take proxies when I'm not traveling for work. I suggest getting the Google doc going for emails (and later rosters), and an email thread to help move things along.

Personally, I'm in favor of slots, as per Ghost's suggestion, in order to avoid potential confusion about who can pick when.

fredpaii

PostTue Oct 30, 2018 4:47 pm

Fred, I think it would be fair to make sure that all of us have the same drafting rules (other than Madal and BigMahon as you suggested) . What you stated above applies to me as well and I am sure others. When I am at work, I have no internet access and I can only check my phone during breaks. So your issue on Tuesdays and Thursdays applies to me 5 days a week. It would be best if someone is assigned to text those unavailable for their picks IMO. What do you think?

You have a good point there, Eddie. Thank you Rant for stepping up as a helper/texter. I don't know for certain but I think Ghost is someone who also takes proxies. Especially now with him being in the states. I guess there's no way around proxies. :? Kind of takes the juice out of drafts IMO. Oh well.

fredpaii

PostTue Oct 30, 2018 5:11 pm

Rant wrote:We could just start drafting now and leave the clock off. We'd be done by the time the next cards come out ;)

I'm happy to take proxies when I'm not traveling for work. I suggest getting the Google doc going for emails (and later rosters), and an email thread to help move things along.

Personally, I'm in favor of slots, as per Ghost's suggestion, in order to avoid potential confusion about who can pick when.

Time windows and slots are the same thing to me. But I'm guessing they aren't for most people. :D Definitely doing that. About the projected length of our initial draft...I agree. It's going to take a couple months perhaps. But if it drags on too long we can improvise. I guess I was hoping for a no-stress take your time draft but may not be realistic. Rant - and others - I appreciate you all being open to my plans for the draft. The draft times could be knocked down a few as we start to see our pacing taking way too long .

the ghost of roger maris

PostWed Oct 31, 2018 7:44 am

Maybe we can do an "untimed draft" with a one day limit....the key is to have the email of the one who picks after you and email them as soon as you pick....the first rounds will go pretty quickly....
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!

Eddie E

PostWed Oct 31, 2018 8:39 am

I like the idea of emailing or texting the next guy after your pick. If we did that we could put a time limit of 2 hours or something like that. I am afraid that no time limit would end up costing us but am willing to try it. Regardless, whatever we come up with as a group is ok by me.

willmurr24

PostWed Oct 31, 2018 8:59 am

i have been in dozens of drafts some move very fast ,some drag all get done just run this draft the way almost all others are done ,first round not timed ,other rounds some kind of strict clock with each guy responsible to draft in that time or proxie or lose place and catch up

fredpaii

PostWed Oct 31, 2018 3:52 pm

the ghost of roger maris wrote:Maybe we can do an "untimed draft" with a one day limit....the key is to have the email of the one who picks after you and email them as soon as you pick....the first rounds will go pretty quickly....

I like that idea. We get done when we get done. No pressure. I like the emailing part as well. The time would of course fluctuate from when the person just picking would have posted their pick. You would then have 24 hours from that point for the next person to make their pick. And so on. Is that what you had in mind?

the ghost of roger maris

PostWed Oct 31, 2018 7:02 pm

fredpaii wrote:
the ghost of roger maris wrote:Maybe we can do an "untimed draft" with a one day limit....the key is to have the email of the one who picks after you and email them as soon as you pick....the first rounds will go pretty quickly....

I like that idea. We get done when we get done. No pressure. I like the emailing part as well. The time would of course fluctuate from when the person just picking would have posted their pick. You would then have 24 hours from that point for the next person to make their pick. And so on. Is that what you had in mind?

if we all email the next up a day is most reasonable...
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat