Ice Cream/Peanuts/Hot Dog- Chat/Transactions

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Rant

Re: Ice Cream/Peanuts/Hot Dogs Chat/Transactions

PostThu May 02, 2019 12:51 pm

fredpaii wrote:G(rant), thank you for setting the Availables list for the upcoming Supplemental Draft. Very nice.

I'm glad you didn't mind the intrusion. I was on a long and boring call, and the list seemed a more productive user of time.

Rant

PostThu May 02, 2019 12:54 pm

I don't have a strong opinion on keeper changes. I'd prefer not to have 25 or 35 round drafts annually, but otherwise I'm open to having this league operate differently than the other leagues I'm in.

fredpaii

PostFri May 03, 2019 2:03 am

Rant wrote:I don't have a strong opinion on keeper changes. I'd prefer not to have 25 or 35 round drafts annually, but otherwise I'm open to having this league operate differently than the other leagues I'm in.

I wouldn't want 25-35 round drafts either. My experience in the HCKL league was that most people cut under 10 players. I think 1 or 2 people had around 15 cuts. I'm guessing that's fairly consistent from year to year. But of course it's possible someone cuts that many. I would prefer we either opt for the no minimum or maximum cuts or things remain the same. I don't personally desire a league where we are ALL cutting in excess of 15 players each year. I won't even allow a vote on that.

fredpaii

PostFri May 03, 2019 2:05 am

Rant wrote:
fredpaii wrote:G(rant), thank you for setting the Availables list for the upcoming Supplemental Draft. Very nice.

I'm glad you didn't mind the intrusion. I was on a long and boring call, and the list seemed a more productive user of time.

Mind? I have thought about paying you. :D Thank you!

Please feel free to update stuff any time.

madal

PostFri May 03, 2019 11:29 am

I wasn't suggesting we be allowed to cut all 40, sorry if it came off that way. Just trying to envision how the new rule would read in relation to the current one so I know what I'm voting for. If the change is to allow zero cuts up to a maximum of 15, which is how I understand it, then I vote in favor of the change.

fredpaii

PostFri May 03, 2019 12:41 pm

madal wrote:I wasn't suggesting we be allowed to cut all 40, sorry if it came off that way. Just trying to envision how the new rule would read in relation to the current one so I know what I'm voting for. If the change is to allow zero cuts up to a maximum of 15, which is how I understand it, then I vote in favor of the change.

Al, I like your idea of zero cuts to as many as 15. If you guys want to vote on that I'm fine with it. I like it.

Rant

PostFri May 03, 2019 12:46 pm

fredpaii wrote:
madal wrote:I wasn't suggesting we be allowed to cut all 40, sorry if it came off that way. Just trying to envision how the new rule would read in relation to the current one so I know what I'm voting for. If the change is to allow zero cuts up to a maximum of 15, which is how I understand it, then I vote in favor of the change.

Al, I like your idea of zero cuts to as many as 15. If you guys want to vote on that I'm fine with it. I like it.

I think we're all cross posting on each other. :D

I was responding to wilmurr's suggestion. I'll vote for whatever the Commish wants.

fredpaii

PostMon May 06, 2019 8:39 pm

When I get home later tonight I'll start the Supp drops/draft thread for our league. And we can vote on Al's idea of zero to 15 cuts per Spring FA draft. I'll get that going too. Thanks

Later

fredpaii

PostTue May 07, 2019 1:55 am

Madal (or just Al) proposed a new drops range for the Spring FA drafts. Currently, we have to cut as many players as it takes to get our rosters down to 30. We can drop as many as 15 for each draft. Al's idea is to have ZERO minimum drops and anywhere up to and including 15 maximum drops. So you never have to drop any player in a Spring draft again with this proposed rule change. Or you may drop up to 15.

Six votes wins. Write your name under whichever one you favor. This would go into effect next Spring (2020) if passed.

In favor of the proposal...

Not in favor of the proposal...

Eddie E

PostTue May 07, 2019 9:46 am

Madal (or just Al) proposed a new drops range for the Spring FA drafts. Currently, we have to cut as many players as it takes to get our rosters down to 30. We can drop as many as 15 for each draft. Al's idea is to have ZERO minimum drops and anywhere up to and including 15 maximum drops. So you never have to drop any player in a Spring draft again with this proposed rule change. Or you may drop up to 15.

Six votes wins. Write your name under whichever one you favor. This would go into effect next Spring (2020) if passed.

In favor of the proposal...

Eddie E

Not in favor of the proposal...
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat