Ice Cream/Peanuts/Hot Dog- Chat/Transactions

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

the ghost of roger maris

Re: Ice Cream/Peanuts/Hot Dogs Chat

PostSat Jan 12, 2019 5:07 pm

madal wrote:Looking ahead to the prospect draft, the rules say after 2 years I have to fish or cut bait with whoever I add this spring (so after the 2020 seasons). Rules also say prospects can be traded.

My question is, if a prospect is traded between this year's spring draft and the end of the 2020 seasons, does the 2 years start over for the team receiving the prospect?

MY GUESS IS NO...TWO YEARS FROM DRAFT
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!

fredpaii

PostSat Jan 12, 2019 6:11 pm

madal wrote:Looking ahead to the prospect draft, the rules say after 2 years I have to fish or cut bait with whoever I add this spring (so after the 2020 seasons). Rules also say prospects can be traded.

My question is, if a prospect is traded between this year's spring draft and the end of the 2020 seasons, does the 2 years start over for the team receiving the prospect?

Good question but no. The only way the two years would start over for a prospect would be if someone dropped a prospect before the two years had expired and then someone re-drafts said prospect.

fredpaii

PostMon Jan 14, 2019 11:25 pm

If anyone wants JD Davis of the Mets now all I need is your current pick this round.

Thank you

madal

PostTue Jan 15, 2019 12:00 am

I thought we couldn't trade 9th round of higher draft picks?

Player Movement Rules:

1) Trading players is authorized and encouraged. The trading of draft picks is also authorized. Except we won't be completing any deals involving 9th round or higher draft picks.

fredpaii

PostTue Jan 15, 2019 12:01 am

madal wrote:I thought we couldn't trade 9th round of higher draft picks?

Player Movement Rules:

1) Trading players is authorized and encouraged. The trading of draft picks is also authorized. Except we won't be completing any deals involving 9th round or higher draft picks.

That pertains to any trades you want to make. This rule doesn't pertain to the initial FA draft. You can't trade either your 9th or 10th round draft pick in any deal you want to make with another player. That's independent of the initial draft.

madal

PostTue Jan 15, 2019 7:46 am

OK, but I got to admit, I'm not understanding what the difference is.

the ghost of roger maris

PostTue Jan 15, 2019 7:57 am

madal wrote:OK, but I got to admit, I'm not understanding what the difference is.

it is to simplify the future drafts where folks trade several players for picks etc and you get into situations where folks trade picks they don't have....

fredpaii

PostTue Jan 15, 2019 10:02 am

the ghost of roger maris wrote:
madal wrote:OK, but I got to admit, I'm not understanding what the difference is.

it is to simplify the future drafts where folks trade several players for picks etc and you get into situations where folks trade picks they don't have....

I like your answer, Ghost. I can see where madal is stumped. Hopefully things become clear moving forward.

the ghost of roger maris

PostTue Jan 15, 2019 5:01 pm

fredpaii wrote:
the ghost of roger maris wrote:

I like your answer, Ghost. I can see where madal is stumped. Hopefully things become clear moving forward.

take our peso draft for example...I have 4 picks in the first 2 rounds....If I had traded my 9th round pick I would have to cut at least 12 players as my roster will be at 40 before the 9th round pick ergo I traded a pick I was not entitled to....

madal

PostTue Jan 15, 2019 7:16 pm

Ghost, Fred, I get it now. For next springs draft, teams could have 10-15 picks, so you don't want someone trading a 14th rounder then not have it to give.

Thanks, Al
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat