NLD 49 - New and improved with "Louisana Lightning"!

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Jeepdriver

Re: NLD 49 - New and improved with "Louisana Lightning"!

PostSat Oct 13, 2018 4:08 pm

No problems with Hurricane for me. Like Florence I was on the weaker side of the storm. Midlands and Coastal regions got brunt of it, but nothing like Fla. got. Wishing Floridians the best in cleanup efforts.

Spider 67

PostFri Oct 19, 2018 8:53 am

Whoa! Doug is running away from the rest of us - and in the tough Central division. Twelve straight!! :o :shock:

joethejet

PostTue Oct 23, 2018 2:44 pm

My team doesn't like me in Europe :(

We have sucked and I can't keep my guys on the field (those two may be related)

At least I am enjoying Spain and Portugal even if I'm not enjoying my team

joethejet

PostFri Oct 26, 2018 12:58 pm

God we just suck. Worst team in the history of SOM. We may not win another game.

milleram

PostFri Oct 26, 2018 6:38 pm

Seems we all are win challenged except Doug and the 41 win teams--My Trout experiment cost too much pitching, though I pretty much knew that up front.

joethejet

PostSat Oct 27, 2018 5:14 am

Yeah, that's the bright side, I could go on a hot streak and get into the race, but that doesn't appear to be in the cards. We have two SPs pitching like .50 guys with > 5 ERAs and my best two SPs are my 4 and 5 guys, go figure. I guess I should be happy because it could be worse. I have three pitchers giving me what you would expect or better and the rest just SUCK.

At the plate we were doing OK but awhile, but that's gone south also. Carrera and Escobar (who has been one of my best hitters :?) are good, the rest? Either Meh or bad.

On top of that, a team with six players with 600 PA is in the top half of teams with injury games.

This team is bad AND unlucky I guess. :(

doug_tucker10

PostSat Oct 27, 2018 5:08 pm

This is one of the few times I have micro managed a team..so far so good...of course ive probably jinxed my team by pointing that out :?

milleram

PostTue Oct 30, 2018 5:24 pm

With that starting staff (Dougs) you almost have to micro manage--I don't think you jinxed your team--at least as far as I'm concerned--I can't do anything about those hard Righties you throw at me anyway--would cost me too much to money in the long run, barring an unlikely trade.

doug_tucker10

PostTue Oct 30, 2018 5:37 pm

milleram wrote:With that starting staff (Dougs) you almost have to micro manage--I don't think you jinxed your team--at least as far as I'm concerned--I can't do anything about those hard Righties you throw at me anyway--would cost me too much to money in the long run, barring an unlikely trade.

I just lost Polanco for 15 at SS..he isnt even one of my more injury prone players..brittle team has stayed relatively healthy thus far..

joethejet

PostTue Oct 30, 2018 8:02 pm

doug_tucker10 wrote:
milleram wrote:With that starting staff (Dougs) you almost have to micro manage--I don't think you jinxed your team--at least as far as I'm concerned--I can't do anything about those hard Righties you throw at me anyway--would cost me too much to money in the long run, barring an unlikely trade.

I just lost Polanco for 15 at SS..he isnt even one of my more injury prone players..brittle team has stayed relatively healthy thus far..

Wish I could say the same. Despite having a relatively injury proof team, we have been pounded for the second straight season. Very frustratedby this.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat