NLD 49 - New and improved with "Louisana Lightning"!

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

joethejet

Re: NLD 49 - New and improved with "Louisana Lightning"!

PostWed Nov 14, 2018 2:15 am

Semper Gumby wrote:And after all I gutted my lineup 1/3 into the season now I’m tripled jinxed jinxed

I may need to drop a few more players and see what happens

Otherwise, JOE I love the rankings and the luck factor

Your work tells me that I should never mess with my team DESPITE a i sim most of our league seasons on my own ;)

Thanks Semp. Please share how your sims compare to the actuals....

FALCON29

How Low Can You Go

PostWed Nov 14, 2018 9:54 pm

FALCON29 wrote:So I get off to a horrible start, 14 games under .500 at 26-40. Then fight my way back from the dead to get into contention 3 games above .500. Then the ratings come out, and my team isn't supposed to be very good. I haven't won since, the losing streak now at 8 and counting.

I KNEW I shouldn't have let my players read the papers.

Shut-out in all 3 games last night. That's a first for me. Now 4-20 since the ratings came out. Thanks, Joe.

To quote the late great Tom Petty, "I'm free, free falling"...

joethejet

Re: How Low Can You Go

PostThu Nov 15, 2018 1:41 am

FALCON29 wrote:
FALCON29 wrote:So I get off to a horrible start, 14 games under .500 at 26-40. Then fight my way back from the dead to get into contention 3 games above .500. Then the ratings come out, and my team isn't supposed to be very good. I haven't won since, the losing streak now at 8 and counting.

Shut-out in all 3 games last night. That's a first for me. Now 4-20 since the ratings came out. Thanks, Joe.

Sheesh, I wish that the ratings made things come true. Most of the time I have one of the better ratings!

Ok, well maybe this will help make it up to you. I don't think I EVER posted the NLD History spreadsheet after the last season so, without further ado here it is http://angelfire.com/games5/joethejet/NLD_History.xls (You'll have to copy and paste to get it to work)

Some notes:
- Spider on his second championship and posted 98 wins which is tied for fourth best all-time.
- Spider also pulled into third place in win pct.
- Semper continued his every other league making the playoffs (which he seems determined to break in NLD 49)

Don't have a lot of time tonight so that's all I got. Take a look at the file and see if you have anything to add. :)
- Lance Made the playoffs in both his leagues only to disappear for this one. :(

Stoney18

PostThu Nov 15, 2018 1:04 pm

Don't have time to do a deep dive on the ratings but definitely have some luck going on. +12 in one run games and +8 in extra innings helps.

FALCON29

PostFri Nov 16, 2018 2:00 am

FALCON29 wrote:

Another sweep. 4-23 now. At Least I scored 2 runs in game 1 tonight. Now been shut-out in 6 of the last 9. On deck next, the Phanatics, winners of 8 of their last 10.

I'm really growing tired of picking first.

joethejet

PostFri Nov 16, 2018 4:00 pm

FALCON29 wrote:
FALCON29 wrote:

Another sweep. 4-23 now. At Least I scored 2 runs in game 1 tonight. Now been shut-out in 6 of the last 9. On deck next, the Phanatics, winners of 8 of their last 10.

I'm really growing tired of picking first.

Ouch, that's a BRUTAL stretch for sure. :shock:

Although the last two leagues haven't been good to you, you *did* make the playoffs in 45 and 46 so.... Huh, looks like you're in for two, out for two, in for two, out for two. So, you're pretty much guaranteed to make the playoffs next time around! ;) :D

Jeepdriver

PostSat Nov 17, 2018 9:07 am

Sorry for the absence, I've had a lot going on in the last two weeks. My next-door neighbors that we've known all our life and have lived beside for 32 years, the wife had a stroke (out of the blue) 2 weeks ago and passed away 5 days later. After 61 years of marriage he is having a difficult time coping, but he's a trooper. Additionally, I had Drs appointments this week in three consecutive days. Plus, through all that I had to get my Tour team prepared. Hopefully things will calm down now.

My team here is finally showing signs of life after a sweep of 1st place Doug last night. Have only glanced at the ratings, but it sticks out my performance on the field is better than my ratings. I'll of course take that over the opposite. 8-)

klx22

PostSat Nov 17, 2018 11:57 am

Jeepdriver wrote:Sorry for the absence, I've had a lot going on in the last two weeks. My next-door neighbors that we've known all our life and have lived beside for 32 years, the wife had a stroke (out of the blue) 2 weeks ago and passed away 5 days later. After 61 years of marriage he is having a difficult time coping, but he's a trooper. Additionally, I had Drs appointments this week in three consecutive days. Plus, through all that I had to get my Tour team prepared. Hopefully things will calm down now.

My team here is finally showing signs of life after a sweep of 1st place Doug last night. Have only glanced at the ratings, but it sticks out my performance on the field is better than my ratings. I'll of course take that over the opposite. 8-)

Sorry to hear about your neighbor, Jeep. Even though it's early & considering all you were dealing with, it looks like you better prepared your Tour team than I did.

Spider 67

PostSun Nov 18, 2018 8:59 am

This looks like the greatest division of "haves" and have-nots" in the NDL that I can remember. Five of us are firmly in the "race for first pick," leaving BigA and Semper to battle for the wild card.

Jeep, it's nice to have a neighbor like you have been when life hits hard. Thanks for being there for them.

joethejet

PostSun Nov 18, 2018 6:54 pm

Jeep, it's nice to have a neighbor like you have been when life hits hard. Thanks for being there for them.

Jeep, my condolences on your friend's loss. :(

Spider 67 wrote:This looks like the greatest division of "haves" and have-nots" in the NDL that I can remember. Five of us are firmly in the "race for first pick," leaving BigA and Semper to battle for the wild card.

Don't look now, but against all odds, Jeep and JTJ have gotten themselves back into the mix. Still a long shot, but both teams are four back of Doug and five out of the WC.

Jeep has gone 6-2 and JTJ has gone 11-2 including sweeps of Doug and Milleram. :shock:

We play each other tonight. Hoping to hold serve at my place. (Probably just jinxed myself, but gotta enjoy a win streak win you get one!)
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat