D2D Supp Draft Thread---Complete!

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Terry101

Re: D2D Supp Draft Thread--- draft started, Bigmahon is up!

PostWed Jul 18, 2018 6:53 pm

Paul_Long71 wrote:Basically, the only guys not eligible for this supp. draft are:

1. guys already rostered to a team (roster or prospects)
2. guys who saw their first real MLB action in the 2018 season.

Thanks Paul
I see that this was addressed earlier as well- apologize

tcochran

PostWed Jul 18, 2018 8:40 pm

dc irish wrote:I'd like to make a motion to amend the rules regarding first round un-timed being changed to regular slots in all draft formats (regular, supplemental, prospect). 22 hours (and counting) is pretty ridiculous in between picks, and it happens every time.

I'm new to this league, however I am commish in several others. I also like a speedy draft, however it's tricky to force that in the 1st round. I believe many managers would quit a league rather than risk missing their 1st round pick just because they were not aware the draft had started.

I wonder if a bigger concern is that 3 of the first 6 picks were invalid?

willmurr24

PostWed Jul 18, 2018 8:50 pm

[quote="tcochran"]m
dc irish wroteview: D2D Supp Draft Thread--- draft started, Bigmahon is up!

by tcochran » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:40 pm
dc irish wrote:
I'd like to make a motion to amend the rules regarding first round un-timed being changed to regular slots in all draft formats (regular, supplemental, prospect). 22 hours (and counting) is pretty ridiculous in between picks, and it happens every time.

I'm new to this league, however I am commish in several others. I also like a speedy draft, however it's tricky to force that in the 1st round. I believe many managers would quit a league rather than risk missing their 1st round pick just because they were not aware the draft had started.

I wonder if a bigger concern is that 3 of the first 6 picks were invalid?

Roscodog

PostWed Jul 18, 2018 9:05 pm

Other leagues I’m in have a 24 hr clock for round 1. Better than no clock at all.

buzz082308

PostWed Jul 18, 2018 11:03 pm

fredpaii wrote:bigmahon, I vote that you make your pick and stay In the league.

Believe me, I know it's not easy but we all need each other as players to enjoy this game. And bigmahon wasn't on the clock so no harm no foul. Stick around!

I second that. Besides, it's 8 months before the new cards come out.

dc irish

PostWed Jul 18, 2018 11:30 pm

We all have busy schedules. That's part of the problem. I am not picking on any one owner, because it's happened often. But, when I am 3 or 4 in the hole, and I have to check in periodically for two days without any movement, then it's affecting my life/work balance, which is unfair.

I don't know anything about the individuals in real life that comprise this league. With 24 teams, I am sure that there are very divergent schedules and availability issues. Mahon apparently travels to China for work, which would be hectic no doubt. I run a state agency, which has it's own share of commitment issues and time restraints. Everyone is surely all over the spectrum on this.

I don't think anyone needs to get kicked or remove themselves from the league. That's not the intent. But when it is affecting other people's schedules, it should be addressed. As noted, it doesn't matter for this round. And, if this were a single owner or a single instance, it could be chalked up to "whatever" and move on. But, as indicated, it happens freguently. Think we are now gong on 30 hours waiting for movement in the draft. I am not sure how anyone thinks that's acceptable. And this isn't an hour delay, or 5, or 12. It's a day and a half (and counting...). Also, I think someone mentioned that there was some excuse based on not knowing when the draft would occur, which is wrong as the drop thread (where everyone participated) pretty clearly stated the dates and format for the supplemental.

While I am certain I am going beyond the purpose of this thread and will be chastised for such, I will finish with this: Having slots are a fair and just compromise for everyone. If someone can't make a pick, it's on them and no one else is put out. They can also (as everyone has been reminded of regularly) use a proxy to make the pick for them, thus not "losing" their pick. Accomodations are already there, it just takes the slightest effort and consideration to use them. If there were timed slots, I think they would be used and there would be no harm done.

Keeping a league intact is important, and compromises need to be made least people start leaving for the very reasons that others are staying. Middle ground is a place where we can all thrive.

Paul_Long71

PostWed Jul 18, 2018 11:31 pm

"I wonder if a bigger concern is that 3 of the first 6 picks were invalid?"

no the biggest concern is that 2 or 3 guys constantly slow down EVERY draft we've had and then I get 5 or 6 emails from others telling me to get rid of those 2 or 3 guys since they are constantly causing the delays.

The 1st round of all drafts is untimed so that everyone can get on board that we've started. I've sent out emails and posts let's just hope we get moving soon. We have a while before it becomes too problematic as we don't want the Supp draft to drag and guys with late picks get to see extra real mlb games to see who gets hot, etc.... it's the all-star break, hopefully we get moving.

Paul

piloneus382

PostThu Jul 19, 2018 12:27 am

So can I pick now?

If he’s committed to not participating in the supplemental draft he may not check this thread again.

calbatross

Re: D2D Supp Draft Thread--- draft started, WJS6768 is up!

PostThu Jul 19, 2018 12:49 am

Willmurr -- Zach Eflin P Phil
Eddie E -- Max Muncy UT LAD (proxy)
Hveed -- Cahill, Trevor SP OAK
Victor - Joey Wendle 2B TB
Baseball CFO. -- Matt Boyd SP Det
Falcon - Vargas, Jason SP KC
Buzz - Matt Strahm SP/RP KC SD
Fredpaii - Anibal Sancez SP ATL (proxy)
WJS6768 -- Jonathan Holder RP NYY
Bigmahon
Piloneus
Calbatross
DC Irish
ED2014/Tcochran
Roscodog -- NO PICK
HkMossy
Paul Long
Terry101
LevCohen
Heekin
Boblues
Ycbill
Turtle
Dr Publix

Paul_Long71

PostThu Jul 19, 2018 12:54 am

I sent Chris (Bigmahon) another email asking him to either re-assert that he is pulling his picks and leaving after next season or to stay on and go ahead and pick.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat