• Author

hk mossy

Re: GOML Drops and Supp. Draft Thread

PostWed Jul 18, 2018 7:00 pm

Thats what I initially tried to do

sociophil

PostWed Jul 18, 2018 8:52 pm

I think we need to sort this out and put it in the rules. How do other leagues resolve this? The MLB rules, according to Wikipedia, says "The general draft order is the reverse order of the previous year's standings. If two teams finish with identical records, the previous year's standings of the two teams is the tiebreaker, with the team having a worse record receiving the higher pick." This could be a solution as it favors the historically worse team. We could use the previous years cumulative record since we play two seasons in a year.

sociophil

PostWed Jul 18, 2018 9:06 pm

Personally, I do not like treating season series as a tiebreaker except where it is head to head. Additionally, we should be using whatever rule HAL uses for playoff tiebreakers since we're stuck with the playoff teams HAL gives us at the end of the season. I cannot find the tiebreak rules for 365, but it would be easy to deconstruct from previous seasons.

Mr Baseball World

PostWed Jul 18, 2018 11:47 pm

Hal’s first tiebreaker for three teams is best record in division. It does not say but I assume they would apply that in a four team tiebreaker as well.

geekor

PostThu Jul 19, 2018 2:28 pm

At this point commish, pick a method and let's move forward.

geekor

PostThu Jul 19, 2018 9:08 pm

Draft should be

1. geekor (I was 4-5 vs hkmossy team)
2. hk mossy

3. - 6 (whatever way is chosen by commish)

7. WJS6768
8. Steve F
9. hveed
10. zim13
11. BG1217
12. chasenally

Either let's take a vote, or have commish choose. Either way it's delayed too long

If it's a vote I choose run differential, as it's easy to see via the standings, and easier many times is better. But I really don't care, honestly.

sociophil

PostThu Jul 19, 2018 9:21 pm

As I noted in a previous post, I will be leaving for a fishing trip to a remote location tomorrow morning for a week. At this point we can't start the draft before next Friday. I will agree to whatever decision the community makes regarding the draft order.

chasenally

PostThu Jul 19, 2018 9:45 pm

sociophil wrote:As I noted in a previous post, I will be leaving for a fishing trip to a remote location tomorrow morning for a week. At this point we can't start the draft before next Friday. I will agree to whatever decision the community makes regarding the draft order.

I think you just blew your cover. Lucky for you we wont let the World know you are a CIA Agent. :shock: We also know you would have to kill us if we did. :twisted: I hope you catch what you are hunting for and eat it.
The msaegse is waht mttares msot!

chasenally

PostThu Jul 19, 2018 10:39 pm

I haven't paid attention to this discussion at all until today. I see we have 4 teams tied to draft. Here is my recommendation. Give them a number 1 to 4 by alphabetic order by team name and have a neutral party run a randomizer. It is how all drafts are started in the beginning. Since we dont have specific rules for this have the Commissioner come up with them before next season starts. They are very important picks and this would fix the problem without making up rules before rules and made. This is why I love me so much, even I being blind find a piece of cheese that broke that clock that feeds the time twice a day. I know write it down as that is BRILLANT isn't it :roll:

Mike
The msaegse is waht mttares msot!

hveed

PostFri Jul 20, 2018 11:16 am

geekor wrote:Draft should be

1. geekor (I was 4-5 vs hkmossy team)
2. hk mossy

3. - 6 (whatever way is chosen by commish)

7. WJS6768
8. Steve F
9. hveed
10. zim13
11. BG1217
12. chasenally

Either let's take a vote, or have commish choose. Either way it's delayed too long

If it's a vote I choose run differential, as it's easy to see via the standings, and easier many times is better. But I really don't care, honestly.

I agree, run differential is the easiest and best.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat