NLD 48 - Now Panda-licious

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

doug_tucker10

Re: NLD 48 - Now Panda-licious

PostFri Jun 29, 2018 8:44 am

joethejet wrote:
joethejet wrote:The Trout watch continues...

We are now 2-3 without him. Holding our own.

Now 4-4 but we also lost Segura for 15. Ouch. At least he doesn't play as much as Trout! Could have used him against Weaver who we face tomorrow, but oh well.

Smokey won't have Arcia (11 more games) so I'm not the only one with injuries.

Doug, you already made a move, what's up with that?

I have no patience for injury prone players..i went against my usual drafting habits by drafting Conforto...he was strictly DH material anyway...only 3 games since the move but so far so good..even got a win from my newest pitcher Neshak..so now I have Cishek and Neshak..Too bad Hal Woodeshick isnt in the current season set..id have a shek a shak and a shick
:D all pitchers even.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hal_Woodeshick

dalekeener

PostFri Jun 29, 2018 2:34 pm

I can tell I should have loaded up on stating pitchers...could be a bull pen of exhausted arms by season end.... :(

joethejet

PostFri Jun 29, 2018 6:09 pm

doug_tucker10 wrote:
joethejet wrote:
joethejet wrote:The Trout watch continues...

We are now 2-3 without him. Holding our own.

Now 4-4 but we also lost Segura for 15. Ouch. At least he doesn't play as much as Trout! Could have used him against Weaver who we face tomorrow, but oh well.

Smokey won't have Arcia (11 more games) so I'm not the only one with injuries.

Doug, you already made a move, what's up with that?

I have no patience for injury prone players..i went against my usual drafting habits by drafting Conforto...he was strictly DH material anyway...only 3 games since the move but so far so good..even got a win from my newest pitcher Neshak..so now I have Cishek and Neshak..Too bad Hal Woodeshick isnt in the current season set..id have a shek a shak and a shick
:D all pitchers even.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hal_Woodeshick

:)

joethejet

PostSun Jul 01, 2018 1:13 pm

Ok, we've had one trip through the division, home/away, and interdivisional play starts tonight.

The East - only Dale has dug himself a hole, but there's plenty of time to battle out of that. Doug is tied with Semper for the best record in the league.

Central - So far Semp and JTJ have positioned themselves ahead after Big A had a tough 10 game stretch. Smokey is struggling to get traction.

West - The closest division of them all, only 3 games separate top to bottom. That's a one night difference. They continue to play each other for a couple series (I think) while the East and the central, mostly, pair off

Spider 67

PostMon Jul 02, 2018 9:14 am

I REALLY tried to give Joe a win in game 1 last night - but he wouldn't take it. SEVEN errors!!! I have never seen that. My stone-handed team then made an error in each of the next two games. We had made 6 errors in the first 18.

dalekeener

PostMon Jul 02, 2018 2:19 pm

joethejet wrote:Ok, we've had one trip through the division, home/away, and interdivisional play starts tonight.

The East - only Dale has dug himself a hole, but there's plenty of time to battle out of that. Doug is tied with Semper for the best record in the league.

Central - So far Semp and JTJ have positioned themselves ahead after Big A had a tough 10 game stretch. Smokey is struggling to get traction.

West - The closest division of them all, only 3 games separate top to bottom. That's a one night difference. They continue to play each other for a couple series (I think) while the East and the central, mostly, pair off

I don't know...my pitching is worse than worse, need to make a couple changes I think. Nelson Cruz has been a waste, he may be moved out of town...The season is not looking good......changes may be forth coming... :(

joethejet

PostMon Jul 02, 2018 5:18 pm

Spider 67 wrote:I REALLY tried to give Joe a win in game 1 last night - but he wouldn't take it. SEVEN errors!!! I have never seen that. My stone-handed team then made an error in each of the next two games. We had made 6 errors in the first 18.

yeah, it shows the vagaries of fielding's impact on a team. So, you make 7 errors and give up 4 unearned runs, BUT my 1e2 makes an error in extras that accounts for your winning run. :(

Go figure. :?

joethejet

PostFri Jul 06, 2018 1:12 am

Moves, moves and more moves....

Come on guys, we need some comments on they whys and wherefores!

Spider 67

PostFri Jul 06, 2018 9:04 am

joethejet wrote:Moves, moves and more moves....

Come on guys, we need some comments on they whys and wherefores!

Whoa! :shock: I hadn't noticed all of the moves. That's unusual for the NLD (ok, maybe not for Dale ; )).

I've been frustrated with Betances' slinging the ball all over the place, so traded out for Kelly - who is much calmer.

My guys have been living at home, so are well rested. Now begins a grind on the road. After an 0-5 start to the season, they've played .750 ball. Bet that doesn't continue. :roll:

Jeepdriver

PostFri Jul 06, 2018 9:47 am

Not much to say about my moves. I had a few guys performing poorly so I swapped them out for people I think will do the job. Salvador Perez wasn't hitting much, then was hit with a 15 gamer, so was able to swap out a RP whom I think will be better and upgrade at C with some much needed power.

Speaking of moves, it's not like the old days. A mere 5% hit gives you opportunity to improve your squad w/o sacrificing much salary. I think it makes the game (way) much better than when 20% penalties was the standard.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat