NLD 48 - Now Panda-licious

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

joethejet

Re: NLD 48 - Now Panda-licious

PostFri Jul 27, 2018 2:25 am

Yeah, I have yet to do luck factors. I know for sure my BPHR ratio has been brutal. And injuries probably. They have settled down a little lately so, maybe there's hope to be average.

Lost 2 to Smokey tonight at his place. He's really good at home for sure.

Spider 67

PostFri Jul 27, 2018 8:16 am

Jeep swept us last night. Jinxed myself with my errors luck comment - 5 unearned runs in game one. Also, Avila did some damage against his old teammates - probably still mad about not playing much for the Gap.

Donaldson now has 20 errors. Grrrr! (OK, Joe, he's not giving up hits. :) ).

Jeepdriver

PostFri Jul 27, 2018 8:52 am

I like my "O" much better than the ratings indicate. A strong 3rd in the league in RS, and if anything I think the "O" will get better.

I also like my place in the Standings better than what the ratings say too. :D

Spider, it was good splitting our deficit in half last night. I feel within striking distance now. 8-)

On a completely non-baseball note, when I was going up we had a cat named Spider. He was gray and had markings like a Spider. Didn't bite though, which was a good thing. ;)

Stoney18

PostFri Jul 27, 2018 1:29 pm

2 runs scored last night. Not getting any better.

Jeepdriver

PostSat Jul 28, 2018 9:27 am

Sweep last night for 2nd day in a row, however, Spider maintained pace with a sweep himself over Doug.

Has anyone noticed Dale's Roster value? I think that qualifies as blowing up a team. :shock:

Spider 67

PostSat Jul 28, 2018 12:42 pm

Jeepdriver wrote:
Has anyone noticed Dale's Roster value? I think that qualifies as blowing up a team. :shock:

He finished NLD 47 at 68 Mil and still beat my team. :oops: :roll:

Jeepdriver

PostSun Jul 29, 2018 10:14 am

Well Spider, I'm about as hot as a team can be, but can't gain any more ground on you. [yet] Smokey, the WC leader has been hot most of the season, and while I've gained ground still two back there. This is turning into one of those leagues where at least two teams that will have records normally good enough to make the postseason (in most seasons) might not garner a PO spot this time around.

Spider 67

PostSun Jul 29, 2018 7:42 pm

There are six teams with strong records and poised to battle out for the final third of the season. I need to play all of the remainder of my games at home. I've never had such a divergence in home/away records.

There are two or three others who need to get very hot to have a shot at the playoffs - but we've seen some hot streaks this season.

joethejet

PostTue Jul 31, 2018 6:42 pm

Hi Guys,

Was on vacation since Last Thursday. Checking the team and here but no time to reply.

Some thoughts.

we keep winning series, but lost series to Semper and smoke which didn't help me. Jeep, you're right, some teams and going to miss out that don't usually. I don't like my chances being in this division. Gonna have to figure out how to beat those two and not forget about Big A who has a pretty good team too.

Jeep, I'll doublecheck your offensive numbers, but it could also just be that other teams are better, not that you're not good.

Jeepdriver

PostWed Aug 01, 2018 8:16 am

Spider remains hot as fire, so even winning 2 of 3 isn't enough at this point. That home record of Spider is extremely impressive: 40-14...wow
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat