nld 47 - Jack Makes the Hall Edition

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

joethejet

Re: nld 47 - Jack Makes the Hall Edition

PostMon Mar 26, 2018 7:21 pm

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was an honest mistake where he forgot that he had drafted the player, BUT, it needs to be more clear what the remedy is and that NO ONE else should take him in waivers.

I also updated the rules on the first page to indicate that you HAVE to take the players you've drafted. Hopefully that helps.

joethejet

PostTue Mar 27, 2018 12:09 am

Well, *that* was a lousy way to start a season. :cry: Lose two one runners and a two runner while giving up six unearned runs on four errors (yep, every error led to at least one unearned run) and my vaunted 2 inning RP gave up four (included 3 unearned) to get a BS in the third game with the losing run coming on a 1-4 P(x) roll. :shock:

We had six runners reach on our fielders and five of them led to runs. Ouch.

I guess the bright side is that we were in every game. Still tough to get swept at home to start the season. :(

Semper Gumby

PostTue Mar 27, 2018 10:54 am

The guys can hit the crap out of the ball

We just need to get the pitching to synch up so Andrew Miller can earn his pay check.

HAL certainly punished Dellin Betances with dropping him from F8 to F0 after 1.1 innings worked (1 error, 2 walks, 1 single). the POW function is awfully sensitive.

joethejet

PostTue Mar 27, 2018 6:17 pm

Semper Gumby wrote:The guys can hit the crap out of the ball

We just need to get the pitching to synch up so Andrew Miller can earn his pay check.

HAL certainly punished Dellin Betances with dropping him from F8 to F0 after 1.1 innings worked (1 error, 2 walks, 1 single). the POW function is awfully sensitive.

yeah, you'll drop to F0 when giving up 3 hits/walks in one inning or 4 in two after reaching the SR inning.

Semper Gumby

PostTue Mar 27, 2018 8:44 pm

joethejet wrote:
Semper Gumby wrote:The guys can hit the crap out of the ball

yeah, you'll drop to F0 when giving up 3 hits/walks in one inning or 4 in two after reaching the SR inning.

I didnt recall that the “error” would count against the pitcher POW as it wasn’t a function of a hit but a fielder roll. Interesting that Dellin didn’t drop to F7 or F1

joethejet

PostTue Mar 27, 2018 10:37 pm

It didn't, you said two walks and a hit. There's three.

joethejet

PostWed Mar 28, 2018 1:15 am

Well, the good news is that we finally won a game, Petit got a save, and only allowed one unearned run (and it was in a blow out) the bad news is that Petit had another BS and we lost another one run game. :(

Not much is going as planned so far so hopefully it will turn around. I think our offense is better than it's been so far, it's going to have to be if we're going to be in contention. And, I hope like heck that our D makes more than 69% of the plays on the X-chart! :shock:

dalekeener

PostWed Mar 28, 2018 10:50 am

joethejet wrote:Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was an honest mistake where he forgot that he had drafted the player, BUT, it needs to be more clear what the remedy is and that NO ONE else should take him in waivers.

I also updated the rules on the first page to indicate that you HAVE to take the players you've drafted. Hopefully that helps.

Yea, I just overlooked him and just took someone else as a filler (6) instead of (5) at the top of my draft page.I guess just wasn't paying attention. Didn't matter that McFarland was picked up, no harm no foul. Just an honest mistake..No need to get anything in a twist..

joethejet

PostWed Mar 28, 2018 11:25 am

dalekeener wrote:
joethejet wrote:Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was an honest mistake where he forgot that he had drafted the player, BUT, it needs to be more clear what the remedy is and that NO ONE else should take him in waivers.

Yea, I just overlooked him and just took someone else as a filler (6) instead of (5) at the top of my draft page.I guess just wasn't paying attention. Didn't matter that McFarland was picked up, no harm no foul. Just an honest mistake..No need to get anything in a twist..

Well, as long as you put McFarland at the top of your waiver choices I would agree because Spider put him as his number one choice and got him over you. However, if you didn't put him as your number one, or because Spider took McFarland, you got Scherzer instead of Jeep. So there sort of *was* a "foul". That's what he was pointing out.

Jeep was cool about it and didn't ask for a fix, but what happened was less than optimal. It's something we'll have to keep in mind going forward and reinforce when we get to the end of the draft.

You're certainly not the first guy to leave someone off their draft list. It's happened before and will likely happen again. :(

Spider 67

PostWed Mar 28, 2018 12:08 pm

Don't think I took McFarland on waivers.

P.S. Semper, it looks like my team is playing like I'll be happy to remain in the East next season.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat