nld 47 - Jack Makes the Hall Edition

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

FALCON29

Re: nld 47 - Jack Makes the Hall Edition

PostSat Mar 17, 2018 7:50 pm

Semper Gumby wrote:From my vantage point, this draft timing and flow as been great.

Including last season NLD drafts, the pace has been fantastic. I'm very happy with operational improvement. Moreover, the league owner composition is top flight competition which makes the live drafting a game within the game.

I intend to participate more this season despite on the brink of taking the CEO reigns of a large SWFL manufacturing corporation. Amazing what a divorce will do for your baseball availability

What's a SWFL? Single White Female League? I really liked Bridget Fonda in that movie, so good for you!
My simplicity aside, congrats!
joethejet wrote:While we're waiting, any comments on the name of the thread or on the NLD History?

I'm NOT a Tigers fan by any means, but Jack should've made the hall a long time ago. He was one of the most feared and successful pitchers in the AL for a number of years. That's good enough for me. Along the same lines, will Dave Stewart ever get his day in the sun?

As for the NLD history, your patterning says I'm going to make the play-offs this year. So I'll just shut-up about it and accept that outcome, with thanks.

Jeepdriver

PostSat Mar 17, 2018 8:37 pm

I sent Smoke a text this morning, but haven't heard from him.

joethejet

PostSat Mar 17, 2018 9:32 pm

Jeepdriver wrote:I sent Smoke a text this morning, but haven't heard from him.

And just like that Smokey makes his pick and we rolled to Doug!

joethejet

PostSun Mar 18, 2018 3:38 pm

FALCON29 wrote:
Semper Gumby wrote:From my vantage point, this draft timing and flow as been great.

Including last season NLD drafts, the pace has been fantastic. I'm very happy with operational improvement. Moreover, the league owner composition is top flight competition which makes the live drafting a game within the game.

I intend to participate more this season despite on the brink of taking the CEO reigns of a large SWFL manufacturing corporation. Amazing what a divorce will do for your baseball availability

What's a SWFL? Single White Female League? I really liked Bridget Fonda in that movie, so good for you!
My simplicity aside, congrats!
joethejet wrote:While we're waiting, any comments on the name of the thread or on the NLD History?

I'm NOT a Tigers fan by any means, but Jack should've made the hall a long time ago. He was one of the most feared and successful pitchers in the AL for a number of years. That's good enough for me. Along the same lines, will Dave Stewart ever get his day in the sun?

As for the NLD history, your patterning says I'm going to make the play-offs this year. So I'll just shut-up about it and accept that outcome, with thanks.

I think SWFL is South West Florida, but I could be wrong. Your description sounds like more fun! ;)

Yeah, personally I put Jack into the "Hall of the very good", but I have higher standards than most I think. I also don't think Cepeda should have made it. I would put Stewart in the same class.

LOL, yeah, maybe it *is* your turn Falcon! :)

Meanwhile, Smokey is up whenever he has time.

joethejet

PostMon Mar 19, 2018 12:10 am

Rolled around the corner back to Smokey with the clock back on in the morning.

3 1/2 round guys, let's try to bust this out.

Jeepdriver

PostMon Mar 19, 2018 10:02 am

I've text Smokey. This isn't like him, I'm sure there's a reason for his absences. No clue though.

joethejet

PostMon Mar 19, 2018 11:29 am

Yeah, no doubt. I hope everything is OK

joethejet

PostMon Mar 19, 2018 1:09 pm

Smoke got skipped, rolled to Doug.

BigAlric

PostMon Mar 19, 2018 2:20 pm

Smokey is up again.

joethejet

PostMon Mar 19, 2018 2:26 pm

Yeah, I think we're going to have to wait for him to check in. We normally don't skip someone twice in a row without some sort of check in with the absent party.

Jeep, I assume no response to your texts?
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat