nld 47 - Jack Makes the Hall Edition

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

joethejet

Re: nld 47 - Jack Makes the Hall Edition

PostWed Mar 28, 2018 12:15 pm

Spider 67 wrote:Don't think I took McFarland on waivers.

P.S. Semper, it looks like my team is playing like I'll be happy to remain in the East next season.

Sorry, not Spider, it was Falcon. Got my animals confused. ;) :lol:

Jeepdriver

PostThu Mar 29, 2018 1:33 pm

I play at home for the first time tonight.

joethejet

PostFri Mar 30, 2018 5:40 pm

Jeepdriver wrote:I play at home for the first time tonight.

Well, at least you won your home opener even if you didn't win the series Jeep. We've managed to win a couple series so I'm feeling a little bit better about this squad. Still a long way to go of course.

joethejet

PostSat Mar 31, 2018 1:52 am

LOL, sometimes the expected results aren't for the reasons you would think...

So, Maeda has given up 8 HRs so far. Not surprising given his card right? EXCEPT not one has come off of his card! :shock: Maybe that bodes poorly for him, but weird huh?

Then there's Gsellman who isn't all that great and he's 0-3. Again, not a huge surprise, BUT we've only scored six runs in his three starts so, not many pitchers wouldn't be 0-3. Maybe that does bode well for him, because, yeah, he's not good, but NO ONE over a $1 mil is THIS bad. Right now he's being hit at a .420 clip! Yeah, SSS gremlins for sure. Just hoping when actually pitches halfway good we'll be due to score some runs for him! :)

Meanwhile Petit got his fifth BS, but we've won three of the games so...yeah...tonight the win came in 15 innings! Mike Aviles, in as a D replacement, stud that he is (hack, cough) drives in four runs in extras off of Freeland with the two doubles coming off of the pitcher's card! Just a bit of luck going our way there for sure. Of course, Freeland was in his 7th inning of work so.....

FALCON29

PostMon Apr 02, 2018 10:16 pm

joethejet wrote:Meanwhile Petit got his fifth BS, but we've won three of the games so...yeah...tonight the win came in 15 innings! Mike Aviles, in as a D replacement, stud that he is (hack, cough) drives in four runs in extras off of Freeland with the two doubles coming off of the pitcher's card! Just a bit of luck going our way there for sure. Of course, Freeland was in his 7th inning of work so.....

Freeland is my cheapest (aka worst) pitcher. The only role I have him listed at is as the #2 mopup guy, yet he has more IP than any other of my relievers and 2 of my starters. In that game where he went 7, he was fully fatigued for the last 3. I can't help but come to that same, common conclusion I often get to: HAL hates me.

joethejet

PostTue Apr 03, 2018 2:11 am

Falcon,

IIRC, three of your RPs faced 1 batter so you probably have some "quick hook" or avoid settings. Freeland was all you had left after that. Might want to take a look at your settings...

Jeepdriver

PostTue Apr 03, 2018 7:58 am

After a hot start then a cool down, finally got back on track with a sweep last night. It put me into a 3-way tie for 2nd as we're all staring up at Falcon. (pun intended :P )

joethejet

PostWed Apr 04, 2018 1:33 am

Ugh. At least you've been hot Jeep. We were lousy, then Meh, and got swept tonight against Big A. Our pitching has been garbage and I don't think it should be quite *this* bad. Ugh. :(

Spider 67

PostThu Apr 05, 2018 8:45 am

This could be a LONG season - already 63 injury days through 30 games. Serves me right for taking the injury risk. :shock:

Sale struck out 17 of my guys last night, carrying a no-hitter into the 9th, then giving up two HRs off his card.

joethejet

PostFri Apr 06, 2018 12:24 pm

Yeah, injury guys are high risk/reward. If you get lucky, they really pay off, if you're unlucky then they hurt you. It's a gamble for sure. This card set has a LOT of really good injury guys. Gets tempting for sure....
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat