NLD46 - The Petite Oakland Trio League

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Jeepdriver

Re: NLD46 - The Petite Oakland Trio League

PostThu Oct 12, 2017 11:38 pm

Spider: My playoff forecast: Doug, Semper, JTJ and yours truly

JTJ: West looks like a two team race between Smoke and Spider with Stoney also very good. Jeep, sorry, but the initial cut (see caveats above) have you behind those three.

Love the underdog role. I am determined to prove you guys wrong. :P

joethejet

PostThu Oct 12, 2017 11:51 pm

Jeepdriver wrote:Spider: My playoff forecast: Doug, Semper, JTJ and yours truly

JTJ: West looks like a two team race between Smoke and Spider with Stoney also very good. Jeep, sorry, but the initial cut (see caveats above) have you behind those three.

Hey, it's not me Jeep, it's just the ratings and, as I said, the pitching I know is off, I just put in, basically the same IP for every team which, you know, won't be correct. These numbers were just for fun. Real ratings will come out after 81 games. These are just teasers but I'm curious to see if they are remotely accurate. My guess is they will be wildly off for a few teams. I'm not drawing many assumptions about the ratings at this time, especially about how strong the pitching for a team might or might not be.

What are *your* predictions Jeep????? ;)

Falcon: Sorry about game two tonight losing on a 1-6 WP in 12 is tough. I mean Cano had a pretty decent chance to win the game with the bases loaded w/o the wp, but still. I'm really not sure why Hal walked Beltre to get to Cano with Caminero on the mound. :?

joethejet

PostFri Oct 13, 2017 12:12 am

Just looked and noticed that Jeep is 11-1 so I'm changing the ratings to predict him taking the West!!!! 8-)

Spider 67

PostFri Oct 13, 2017 9:25 am

Somebody needs to throw some nails in front of the Jeep! :lol:

joethejet

PostFri Oct 13, 2017 4:36 pm

Spider 67 wrote:

Somebody needs to throw some nails in front of the Jeep! :lol:

:lol: :lol:

joethejet

PostSat Oct 14, 2017 5:12 pm

Hey Stones,

Happy Birthday!!!! :D

FALCON29

PostSun Oct 15, 2017 10:22 am

joethejet wrote:Falcon: Sorry about game two tonight losing on a 1-6 WP in 12 is tough. I mean Cano had a pretty decent chance to win the game with the bases loaded w/o the wp, but still. I'm really not sure why Hal walked Beltre to get to Cano with Caminero on the mound. :?

Joe, you aren't sorry one bit. I'm not buying it for a second. Although it had no bearing on the eventual outcome, that IBB to Beltre also came with my Intentional Walk option set to Extra Conservative that night. HAL hates me.

Another oddity about that play, with the bases loaded and 2 out in the bottom of the 12th, if the pitcher throws a WP wouldn't the runners on 1st and 2nd just stand there? Why would they advance, as HAL says they did? There's no point.

Anyway, (insert KOD here), the Pylons haven't lost since that game...

Stoney18

PostSun Oct 15, 2017 12:57 pm

Thanks Joe. Or do I thank Jeep for letting me sweep?

joethejet

PostSun Oct 15, 2017 4:58 pm

FALCON29 wrote:
joethejet wrote:Falcon: Sorry about game two tonight losing on a 1-6 WP in 12 is tough. I mean Cano had a pretty decent chance to win the game with the bases loaded w/o the wp, but still. I'm really not sure why Hal walked Beltre to get to Cano with Caminero on the mound. :?

Joe, you aren't sorry one bit. I'm not buying it for a second. Although it had no bearing on the eventual outcome, that IBB to Beltre also came with my Intentional Walk option set to Extra Conservative that night. HAL hates me.

Another oddity about that play, with the bases loaded and 2 out in the bottom of the 12th, if the pitcher throws a WP wouldn't the runners on 1st and 2nd just stand there? Why would they advance, as HAL says they did? There's no point.

Anyway, (insert KOD here), the Pylons haven't lost since that game...

Well, honestly, I don't like winning on so much weirdness, but we know that Hal will do it to me too so *maybe* it all evens out. Maybe it was just karma that led to your win streak after that! :lol: 8-) That was just a weird play.

Thanks Joe. Or do I thank Jeep for letting me sweep?

I think you owe Jeep a bigger thank you than me! Talk is cheap. ;)

joethejet

PostMon Oct 16, 2017 12:21 am

Ouch, two BS against Semper tonight. We started good, but have lost 5 of 6 now. :(
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat