NLD46 - The Petite Oakland Trio League

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

joethejet

Re: NLD46 - The Petite Oakland Trio League

PostTue Dec 05, 2017 2:55 am

Well @#$@^^$#^ that sucked. All Jeep did was roll BPHR after BPHR :( I said he had power and he didn't prove me wrong. :cry: He didn't get them all, but he got enough of them.

Fall behind 2-0 on a leadoff HRs to start the 1st and second, but come back to take a four run lead on a granny by Jones but then Blew a 4 run lead in game one on four straight split rolls by Jeep (all but one were good odds ) then lost the game with two outs, starting when we gave up a 1-4 P(x) single, then a 1-14 single and then a pair of walks including the winning run scoring on a BB by Kimbrel (who does walk a few guys). Frick. That was a tough loss.

Then we don't do jack against Lester in game two.

We're toast. Gonna be hard to overcome a 0-2 deficit. Especially when both Blanton and Kimbrel won't be available for the first game tomorrow. Ugh.

Jeepdriver

PostTue Dec 05, 2017 9:51 am

All I know is I've had countless series where I'm up 2-0 and lose, or vice versa. The Series has to play out.

Additionally a big blow to me, I lose Cargo and Herrmann. The Cargo loss is of great concern.

FALCON29

PostTue Dec 05, 2017 11:00 am

I'm also down 0-2 to Semper after two walk-off one-run losses. The second game was on a 2-out wild pitch in the bottom of the 15th. Missed opportunities may come back to keep the Pylons from moving on.

joethejet

PostTue Dec 05, 2017 6:18 pm

Jeepdriver wrote:All I know is I've had countless series where I'm up 2-0 and lose, or vice versa. The Series has to play out.

Additionally a big blow to me, I lose Cargo and Herrmann. The Cargo loss is of great concern.

Yeah, no doubt it's a dice game, but it's a REALLY bad combination for me. My best two SPs got beat while matching up with your best two, at home even. My $8.5 best two RPs not only sucked, but can't pitch in game three either. Now we have to match up with your better SPs in your park for the next (hopefully at least) 3. :(

Losing Cargo for the games in your park *does* make a difference to your offense for sure. Losing Herrmann for the rest of the series is a big blow, but Chirinos isn't a bad backup especially in your park.

We're missing Guyer for one more so he'll miss two starts against LHSP. That doesn't help us much. Hurts on D as well as at the plate.

Falcon, man, that's a tough way to lose two games, but at least you're coming home where you were good and Semper was not a good road team.

Well, fingers crossed for tonight. I'd love to get to the finals, we've won only one of our last five appearances in the playoffs. Really don't want to make it 1 for 6. :( Gonna need some big breaks to get there.

FALCON29

PostWed Dec 06, 2017 8:53 am

joethejet wrote:Falcon, man, that's a tough way to lose two games, but at least you're coming home where you were good and Semper was not a good road team.

Yeah, well that sure didn't work out. Swept away, like yesterday's news. A 12-inning loss in game 3 on 3 unearned runs due to an Ian Kinsler error (2b-1 e10) pretty much broke our spirit. In game 4 the Pylons had nothing left, and managed just 4 measly singles in being shut-out. Full marks to Semper though who held the Pylons in check throughout the short series. In fact, Kinsler, Hanley Ramirez, Matt Kemp and Ryan Braun collective went 8-for-69 with 1 RBI.

So when does next year start? The Silver Pylons are all set to draft...

Jeepdriver

PostWed Dec 06, 2017 9:16 am

I'm sure Joe's silence has something to do with a 5 run bottom of the 9th inning rally by our guys to pull out a 9-8 win in Game 4. What could have easily been a 2-2 tie, we go up 3-1. Joe will probably bust me a nut on this statement, but my guys do match-up well against his team. My Starting Pitching is assembled to do well in the post-season. 2 starts each from Kluber and Lester means if they are on, it will be hard to win 4 against me. That said, I have probably jinxed myself here.

Congrats to Semper, and also to Falcon for making the post season.

joethejet

PostWed Dec 06, 2017 7:21 pm

LOL, NOTHING like blowing a 4 run lead in the 9th. We didn't even get an out. Absolutely pathetic peformances by Blanton and Kimbrel. What a joke. These guys are supposed to be good. Two hits off of Blanton's card, one a 1-4 HR by Parra of all people before five straight rolls on his card for 4 singles and a HBP. I mean his offense is good, but that pretty much blows.

Here's all you have to know about this series, Kimbrel ERA: 27.00, Blanton, 20.23 Kimbrel's whip is 5.0. Ridiculous, but that's SOM for you. Heck we almost blew the game 3 also. Detwiler of all people got the save.

We just suck.

p.s. my silence was because I didnt' look at the games until just now because I was busy winning the World Series in my FTF league and it was late when I finished. Glad I didn't look at this monstrosity of a game before going to bed.

Hey, we just have to win 3 in a row starting tonight with Wood against Kluber. But hey, even if Wood gets pulled early Jeep will get to feast on Blanton and Kimbrel so it won't matter. What a pathetic pitching staff I have.

Falcon, looks like you didn't get much in the way of die rolls either. Sorry, I feel ya man.

joethejet

PostThu Dec 07, 2017 1:50 am

Sorry I was a bit cynical in that last post, that was a REALLY tough loss. We've managed to blow two four run leads in the 8th or later in this series. Ouch. I guess that tends to lead to cynicism eh?

Well we somehow survived tonight despite Beltre making two errors allowing two unearned runs! We managed to get our own unearned run when T. Hernandez dropped a fly ball.

It helped that Jeep left 10 on base and Blanton and Kimbrel went 4.2 IP without allowing an earned run (one unearned) despite putting 9 guys on base in those innings.

Wood pitched well enough and was pulled quickly enough to keep us in the game. Hitting three HRs will also make it easier. Miggy and Cano went back-to-back in the 8th (and Lucroy missed a 1-9 on the next batter) to give us a 2 run lead, but Blanton walked Hernandez with one out and Kimbrel walked Gyorko and Chirinos (off of his own card of course) and then got a 3bx to our gold glover only to see him boot it to make it a one run game. With Goldschmidt at the plate I figured it was all over, but to my surprise Kimbrel actually struck him out . I thought for sure he was getting his third BS of the series. To my continuing amazement, he struck out the side in the 9th (I couldn't even watch it! :? )

In any case, coming home with Hendricks and Syndergaard on the mound gives us *some* hope, but he's still in the driver's seat and we'll need a good game from Hendricks as both Blanton and Kimbrel aren't available. Of course, they way they've pitched, maybe that's a good thing! ;)

Jeep gets Cargo back which will certainly help his offense which hasn't needed much help so far!

joethejet

PostThu Dec 07, 2017 3:52 pm

Jeepdriver wrote: Joe will probably bust me a nut on this statement, but my guys do match-up well against his team. My Starting Pitching is assembled to do well in the post-season. 2 starts each from Kluber and Lester means if they are on, it will be hard to win 4 against me. That said, I have probably jinxed myself here.

Guess it's your turn to be quiet Jeep?

Yeah, but your pitching matches up well with anyone ;) After all, you spent > 25 mill on the four guys We're just over $20 mil and we have an extra starter to boot.

I don't think there is any question that four man rotations are better in the playoffs. I had to throw Detwiler twice in the last two series of the regular season to make sure that Hendricks and Syndergaard would be available early. The biggest advantage for a 4 man is in games 4 and 5.

Speaking of jinxing myself here, I would say that Hendricks/Lester probably leans a little my way. Although, we didn't do ANYTHING against Lester last time so who knows. We *will* have Guyer this time for both this game and, hopefully, for a game 7 against Quintana so that should help a little bit anyway.

The dice will roll tonight and we'll see who it favors. We need it to favor us twice more so that will be tough.

Jeepdriver

PostThu Dec 07, 2017 7:26 pm

I'm not being intentionally quiet. Just know how these Series are and not only am I not taking this Series for granted, Joe can pull off the comeback very easily, especially at home for the Final 2.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat