NLD46 - The Petite Oakland Trio League

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

joethejet

Re: NLD46 - The Petite Oakland Trio League

PostFri Dec 08, 2017 1:40 am

Well Congrats Jeep. Your team hit the crap out of the ball against our best guys.

I knew we were in trouble when you started the game with a 1-5 bpsi and then put a 3 spot on the board, followed by Lester striking out the side.

Then the second started with three straight singles off of Hendricks' card including back-to-back 6-9 with a RHB it's a K with a LHB. When Goeddel, (followed by Detwiler) is in in the with no outs in the second, you KNOW you're going to lose. It got ugly fast. We left 10 on base, but when you give up 16 it doesn't matter much.

Comes down to this for us. Our three best pitchers stunk it up, Hendricks (13.50 ERA) Kimbrel (14.71), Blanton (9.52) were just awful. Your best guys have to be good. The two BS just killed us, and not just BS, but 4 run BS's. Jeep's offense, which was middle of the pack during the regular season posted a 7.47 ERA on us hitting .309 in the process. We were almost as good against him, (5.33 and .292) but the blown saves were the key, that and Hendricks pitching like a .50 bum.

Such is a short series in SOM. Well, baseball really.

Unfortunately our cold streak continues in the playoffs. :( Once again having the best record means zip for us. We've had the best record in five of the last seven NLDs (and made the playoffs one other time) and only have one title to go with it. In fact, we've only gotten out of the first round twice including the title season with four failures. :( :cry: Gosh, actually looking back, we're one for our last 10 NLD appearances! :evil: And, when having the best record, we're 1-9. :shock: I guess this is how Silver felt, he made 20 playoffs and only won 3. Oh well, at least we will pick 10th in next year's NLD start up.

Speaking of the next NLD, here's the draft order (except for 11-12)

East
Stoney18 68
gbrookes 75
Spider 67 76
doug_tucker10 77

Central
dalekeener 79
nythawk129921 81
BigAlric 82
superflymacdaddyjuice 82

West
FALCON29 85
joethejet 93

Jeep, you have a good squad and you beat me pretty much without Herrmann and without Cargo for 3 games so that says something for your depth. We couldn't get to Lester really in either game and we were pretty good v LHP. That was pretty key as you pointed out.

Good luck to Semper and Jeep. May the best team win. :)
Last edited by joethejet on Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jeepdriver

PostFri Dec 08, 2017 10:00 am

Thanks Joe :)

And GL to Semper, but I'm gunning for 2 consecutive Titles, so not an over-abundance of luck. :) ;)

joethejet

PostFri Dec 08, 2017 8:42 pm

BTW, if you guys were wondering Smokey "won" the season series with Big A so got a later pick.

Jeepdriver

PostSun Dec 10, 2017 1:41 pm

I'm in a hole :evil:

Jeepdriver

PostMon Dec 11, 2017 9:05 am

Congrats to Semper. His Championship is well deserved, as he dominated in the Playoffs, sweeping away both Falcon and myself. Great Job!

joethejet

PostMon Dec 11, 2017 1:19 pm

Yes, Congrats to Semper "the silent one". I wonder if he even knows he's won.

Not surprising he won, but surprising that he swept AND scored so many runs :shock:

Well, guys, that wraps it up until the spring. I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and that 2018 treats you well.

Semper Gumby

PostMon Dec 11, 2017 3:36 pm

No different than anyone here, life has gotten in the way of baseball.

When Joe notified me about the league’s outcome, I had no clue my team even progressed beyond open day. Obviously, this team managed itself best when not managed by me.

See everyone next season

Semper Gumby

joethejet

PostMon Dec 11, 2017 4:56 pm

Semper Gumby wrote:No different than anyone here, life has gotten in the way of baseball.

When Joe notified me about the league’s outcome, I had no clue my team even progressed beyond open day. Obviously, this team managed itself best when not managed by me.

See everyone next season

Semper Gumby

Well, that's darn right depressing. Semper wins without even managing. :cry:

Spider 67

PostMon Dec 11, 2017 9:06 pm

Semper's win was impressive - in AT&T with great pitching, out-homered almost 2 to 1 - and without changing his opening setup. :o

Semper Gumby

PostMon Dec 11, 2017 9:36 pm

Spider 67 wrote:Semper's win was impressive - in AT&T with great pitching, out-homered almost 2 to 1 - and without changing his opening setup. :o

Yes no change to the opening day lineup or roster. I tried to mitigate my $80 million draft (it took a few rounds before I realized we were drafting at $100 million) with a range of pre season platoon adjustments. Started opening day with a cracker jacks box roster of clowns for an outfield scheme.

I got extremely lucky and that beats skill any day of the week.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat