Auto League 434496 Chat

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

joethejet

Auto League 434496 Chat

PostTue Aug 29, 2017 11:19 pm

Hey Guys,

Don't know if anyone wants to chip in here, but it usually makes it more fun if you do.

Some words about my team. As you can probably tell by the name, I was shooting for a team that would steal bases, but you guys pretty much took all my guys in the AD and then waivers didn't help much either. So, we probably should rename to the Diamond "Shop lifters" or some such.

We're off to a LOUSY 1-5 start. I expect to score some runs and I'm hoping at least, that we don't end up hitting .186 for the entire season. Obviously six games is a SSS, but it would have been nice to win at last a couple more games.

Ok, what do you guys think of your team? Did you get messed up with the draft like me? Or, did you get all of your guys?

mbertolli

Re: Auto League 434496 Chat

PostWed Aug 30, 2017 8:02 am

Well, my draft was awful. Hence the first waiver pick! I got 3 or 4 starters and Murphy, but almost nothing else.

I think I did okay adding useful players during waivers & FA period, but we'll see.

One thing I've noticed this year, less managers seem to take advantage of L/R park variations. Has anyone else noticed this?

Take a look at the west. All four parks favor lefties, yet other than my team only are 5 of 15 starters are lefty. I'm interested to see how it plays out.

Michael.

joethejet

PostWed Aug 30, 2017 4:06 pm

Yeah, I was surprised to see three teams below me in Waivers as I thought I missed on a lot of guys, you REALLY missed on your guys! :shock:

As for the parks, it seems to me that the parks are less extreme than they used to be. So, yeah, Miller is 19 HR for LHB, but it's still 13 for RHB. Not exactly a low number. In fact, only two parks, Coors and Yankee are higher. Yankee is another example of a LH park that is still good for RHB.

As for the West, you have five LHSP which might be overkill. Two teams have 2 LHSP which will pitch in 45% of the combined games. The other team as one LHSP but he's in Yankee which still has a lot of HRs v RHB. Tropicana is really a pitcher's park, but it does favor LHB some. So, yeah, the one team probably should have had another LHSP. I would agree with that. Without looking, I don't know if he had any good options available however.

I did notice a few anomalies in my own division where the Miller team "Next Level" is throwing 3 LHSP out there, but since he spent < $5 mil on the SPs, I assume he'll be quick hooking them at every opportunity. It will be interesting to see how that works out. However, he should be very, very good a home I believe. Another Ailsa, has a bunch of pitchers who allow the longball. He'll be OK in my park, but in the other three divisional parks (Miller, Safeco, and his home park of Globe Life) I'm not sure that's the best combination. I'm not sure what Arizona is going to do with four * SPs and then Syndergaard. mrpwfjr how are you going to use them?

robert zeke

PostWed Aug 30, 2017 8:00 pm

Joethejet sounds like the name I remember from back around 2002. Are u that same person and still around?
For my team a 3-3 start and run diff of+10, I am happy camper. Too soon to really tell the real strength of team or division. Apple City Pugs and manager Dog Lover signing out.

joethejet

PostThu Aug 31, 2017 1:16 am

Yeah, I've been doing this since the beginning. I'm sure I'm the guy you remember.

This team, however, has been very forgettable so far. We're 1-8 with only three guys hitting over .200! :shock: In addition, we have two hitting < .100 and four regulars hitting < .120. To top that off, we have a 5.26 ERA and Cueto has given up 6 HRs in three starts.

Wow, what a tough start. :cry:

edgecitytx

PostFri Sep 01, 2017 12:46 pm

I don't know, Joe. You may seem like the guy we remember, but your team's playing like an imposter's running it. :lol: Long season, though.

I like my team, but I like the two who are tied with me too. Hard to comment much this early in the year. A lot of good players in this league, especially in MBertolli's division. Zeke, we know you're not a 'starter'. Who were you in 2002?

joethejet

PostFri Sep 01, 2017 4:01 pm

This is a pretty "amazing" start 1-11 and we scored all of 1 run last night. I guess this team is just that horrible. We have one guy hitting over .258 and 9 that at are .200 or less. At least our ERA dropped! ;)

We've given up 17 HRs while we have 17 RBI!

May have to blow this team up just to do something different. I can't remember EVER having a start this bad. Heck we got shut down by Ian Kennedy who is pretty bad.

Edge, you got any advice for me? Is this team really *this* bad?

When we start hitting, we're going to rack up some runs, that's for sure. I think we're due for a few die rolls....

edgecitytx

PostFri Sep 01, 2017 8:26 pm

Joe, I've had no luck in pitchers' parks this year, so I can't really judge your team, except to say that both Zobrist and Andrus are great bargains and due to break loose. Same with Cueto, who will turn it around. Otherwise, if you liked your team before, it's early. 1-11 is scary, though.

edgecitytx

PostSun Sep 03, 2017 10:53 am

You guys aren't doing much chatting. :roll: I was hoping someone would comment now that we've finished the first round of division play.

I'm pleased with my team, especially since Encarnacion finally woke up in game 2 last night. I think I'm a starter short, am hoping Iglesias will make up for that. Though I'm tempted to pick up one of the guys the Oberlin Tigers dropped last night. In my division, the Pugs are my team's exact opposite and wiped the floor with us head to head. Right now I feel like we'll be in the race all season, but I'll let you know more once we've swung through the league.

Mbertolli, we'll find out tonight if my team is as good against LHP as we've looked.

Joe, congrats on your sweep. Probably put you in more of a mood for chatting.

joethejet

PostSun Sep 03, 2017 4:45 pm

Yeah, when we dropped to 1-14, I was afraid of what I might post plus I figured you guys were tired of hearing me complain. Getting a sweep makes me feel a bit better although it would be nice to save a few of those runs for tonight!

We raised our average by around 40 points by scoring 33 runs in those three games. Hopefully this team plays better the rest of the way, but a -13 win differential is hard to overcome even this early.

BTW Edge, do you live in Texas? If so, is everything OK where you're at? Sounds like it's a mess down there.

Joe, I've had no luck in pitchers' parks this year, so I can't really judge your team, except to say that both Zobrist and Andrus are great bargains and due to break loose. Same with Cueto, who will turn it around. Otherwise, if you liked your team before, it's early. 1-11 is scary, though.

Thanks for the encouragement. 8-) It helps. :mrgreen:
Next

Return to Individual League Chat