Auto League 434496 Chat

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

lpezzeme

Re: Auto League 434496 Chat

PostFri Oct 13, 2017 6:01 pm

"mbertolli wrote:
We scored 27 in game last night, I'd loan you a few if I could...

I noticed.

joethejet

PostMon Oct 16, 2017 12:33 am

Despite how bad we suck, and how we cannot score runs against the likes of Harrell, Garcia and Garza, we are only 4 back. I have no idea how you can go into Miller Field and score 9 runs (and actually win one of them) against those SPs, but evidently we're good at it. This team is just is just crazy bad.

joethejet

PostTue Oct 17, 2017 1:20 am

Well, managed to win two on the road, and stayed four back. Probably need to go 9-3 including taking at least 5 of 6 with the Jockeys to have a chance. Not likely, but this whole season has been unlikely so....

Next series... 3 with the Jockeys at home. Pretty much have to sweep this one which will be tough to do. But we have our fingers crossed. Then again, we hit 8 HRs tonight so miracles CAN happen. ;)

joethejet

PostWed Oct 18, 2017 2:17 am

No miracles. :evil: We got swept at home giving up 21 runs to a lousy offensive team. Not so bad to lose three, but giving up that many runs to that offense tells you a lot about my season.

First game, we get 15 runners and score a single run with Musgrove who is BRUTAL v LHB, and facing six of them, going 6.2 IP allowing a single run. Game two, Blanton gets his 13 BS with six straight rolls on the hitter's cards (of course) . In the finale, Blanton picks up BS #14 and we lose in 10. 2 WP and a sac fly send the game to extras. To be fair Blanton has a 20 wp, but two in two batters? Pretty much bad luck. Billy Hamilton hits a HR off of a LHP to end it. To be fair he has 3.6 HRs v LHP despite being weak and generally sucking v LHP. We leave the bases loaded for two outs in the bottom of the 10th.

Well, that'll do it for us. A total microcosm of our season. Blanton sucks. Hitting leaves a ton on base and untimely errors and x-chart hits kill us.

Our best starter ERA is Kennedy if that tells you anything about our season. He's at 3.99 with Cueto, Tanaka and Quintana all over 4. This playing in a pitcher's park with average d. Actually Kennedy is the ONLY pitcher with more than 20 IP with an ERA under 4. That's hard to do when playing in Kauffman. Votto has five fewer HRs, playing every day than Franklin who played only v RHP. He did manage to raise his average to .273, but the power is pathetic. Heck Gillaspie who we picked up halfway through the season and playing a platoon has as many HRs and Villar has one more! :shock:

But, fundamentally our pitching, Blanton and Cueto in particular just did nothing. Offensively we rose to sixth overall which was probably about right. Our pitching just didn't get it done. Tanaka had almost 100 more rolls on the hitters cards. Blanton at 54% on the hitters cards, with 31 HRs allowed in 185 IP. Again, pitching in Kauffman. Actually all of the HR numbers are pretty high even though two of the teams in our division were 11th and 8th in HRs overall.

Brutal, brutal season. Had hopes that we would play better after the garbage start, but never really did anything. We were 13 under after 15 games and we're 15 now so I guess this team just wasn't any good, especially in our division which is the worst in the league.

A very confusing team.

Meanwhile, M, looks like you have clinched! Edge, you must be disappointed like me.

joethejet

PostSat Oct 21, 2017 3:07 am

Well, we finished like we started, getting swept by a divisional team with two one run losses and two BS (albeit non by Blanton) (actually we won one game the first series, our only win in the first 15 games)

We led the league handily with BS, being the only team in the top 6 with a non-HR park. We were 8 ahead of the Reavers who were also in a pitcher's park. 29 BS that's 18% of your games.

In the game we lost by more than one run tonight, we took a 5-3 lead to the 9th. Out of 10 rolls 8 on the hitter's card and six of those were hits and throw in two WP plus a walk off the pitcher's card. Hard to beat the other team when the roll .800 average on their on card and .500 on ours. The capper was a 1-7 3 run HR by Hicks v a RHP (Rodney) Yeesh, Hicks doesn't exactly rip RHP.

Had the lead into the 9th on game 2, but Rodney blew that save with another WP and a 1-3 bphr turned into a single.

The finale? Yep, another BS. Tanaka turns over a 4-2 lead to Blanton who gives up 1 run, and then Cahill allows another of Blanton's runners to score and then loses the game for the BS. They roll successfully for the jump (< 50% on each) for three steals and gets a 2 base error by Andrus to give up the lead. Then for us, Votto hits into a DP with the tying run at 2nd and the winning run at first to end the season. Herrera has exactly one chance of a gba on his card and that's what is rolled.

Maybe this team was this bad, maybe it was this bad. Not sure, but it was hard to watch.

GL to the playoff teams. The teams in the west were clearly the best in the league and Zeke, you crushed the two lousy teams in your division +20. We couldn't do anything in our division despite it being the worst in the league.

Thanks for chatting with me guys. I hope to see you down the road.

Wow, what a microcosm of the season.

robert zeke

PostSat Oct 21, 2017 11:47 pm

We had a great season. Did enjoy this thread.
Good luck to the playoff teams. The Pugs do not need to win another game. We are happy with the fun we had!!

joethejet

PostMon Oct 23, 2017 4:07 pm

It all starts tonight Zeke. Good luck! :)

joethejet

PostTue Oct 24, 2017 11:52 pm

Wow, the Jockeys knock off the 98 win Arsenal in 4 games! :o :shock:

Meanwhile you're all tied up Zeke.
Previous

Return to Individual League Chat