8. macdaddy -
9. tpierceRSN -
10. fowldawg -
11. NMilstein -
12. ghostofrogermaris[/quote]

fowldawg

Re: Sign-up for New Keeper League

PostMon Sep 03, 2018 4:30 pm

I was a little confused at the wording as well. I knew what I meant back when the rules were posted. Below is what the discussion was prior to the first draft. I think the confusing wording is because we were drafting right before call-ups and were including some rookies in the FA draft and others in the Prospect draft.

fowldawg wrote:ghost--any previous MLB experience ever can be drafted as a Regular Roster player--as long as they have been in a boxscore before they are eligibe.

Examples:

Devers--just called up recently. He is eligible to draft as a Regular Roster player.

Meadows--still in minors. He is eligible as a Prospect player. If he makes an appearance this week, he will be eligible as a Regular Roster player.

Clemens--retired. But you can draft him as a Regular Roster player if you are hoping for a comeback--he has previous MLB experience.

Whether they received a Card or not is irrelevant. Unleashed or Leashed is up for debate too

bigmahon

Re: New FOWL Keeper League: Supplemental Draft

PostMon Sep 03, 2018 5:37 pm

Sorry, but the wording in the rules is crystal clear: only previous experience in carded season eligible. I don’t really care at this stage, but I would have taken Muncy were it not for this wording in the rules on the first page of this thread. Surely we can’t be expected to scour the entire thread for rules updates and changes?

Can we please have a rules tab in the league google doc that is accurate and current?

fowldawg

PostMon Sep 03, 2018 5:49 pm

I’d argue on the “crystal clear” as I wrote it and am confused. It’s more of an NEIPA. Nonetheless I have no problem dropping the pick and making him ineligible for the draft.

There is no expectation to read the whole thread. It should have been cleaned up after the initial discussion over the same wording prior to the original draft. It is my fault.
Last edited by fowldawg on Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

fowldawg

PostMon Sep 03, 2018 5:49 pm

1. Terry101- Z. Wheeler SP NYM
2. dharmabums - Jeremy Jeffress RP MIL
3. bigmahon - Steve Pearce OF BOS
4. hkmossy - Cory Dickerson OF TB
5. peterdouglas - Patrick Corbin SP ARI
6. ehlekev1 - Miles Mikolas SP
7. *JMP1 - Blake Treinen RP OAK
8. macdaddy - Mike Fiers SP oak
9. tpierceRSN - Bud Norris RP STL
10. fowldawg -
11. NMilstein - Tyler White Utl HOU
12. ghostofrogermaris Jack Flaherty P STL

1. Terry101-
2. dharmabums -
3. bigmahon -
4. hkmossy -
5. peterdouglas -
6. ehlekev1 -
7. *JMP1 -
8. macdaddy -
9. tpierceRSN -
10. fowldawg -
11. NMilstein -
12. ghostofrogermaris[

NMILSTEIN

PostMon Sep 03, 2018 6:53 pm

I guess I'll throw in my 2 cents.

I think Muncy was eligible to be picked. The rule doesn't say he has to be currently carded just previously carded. And he was 2 seasons ago. In my other leagues that is the way works, you can't pick rookies or prospects but everyone else is fair game in the supplemental draft.

If Muncy is ineligible then so is Mikolas. Neither are currently carded but have been in previous seasons.

KEVINEHLE

PostMon Sep 03, 2018 7:25 pm

bigmahon wrote:Sorry, but the wording in the rules is crystal clear: only previous experience in carded season eligible. I don’t really care at this stage, but I would have taken Muncy were it not for this wording in the rules on the first page of this thread. Surely we can’t be expected to scour the entire thread for rules updates and changes?

Can we please have a rules tab in the league google doc that is accurate and current?

Sorry, nothing here indicates a player has to be CARDED. He only has to have experience previous to this carded season. Muncy and Mikolas would both be eligible. Anyone who has had any MLB experience before the current (in) carded season would be eligible. The wording is a little wacky, but nowhere does it say the player has to be carded.

bigmahon

PostTue Sep 04, 2018 1:44 am

Happy to be over-ruled here, but I respectfully disagree. The wording says previous experience in carded season, and a highly sensible interpretation of this is playing time in the season represented by the current set of cards. What it does not say is previous to. But apparently this was clarified in a later post somewhere else in the thread.

Please can we have a clear, accurate and current set of rules in a separate tab in the league doc ASAP?

Terry101

PostTue Sep 04, 2018 2:16 am

Commish should make a ruling. Either Muncy and Mikolas are eligible- or not. Based on reading the thread you can see that the intent was to allow any previous experience - regardless of carded or not and not necessarily in this current set. Otherwise the word "previous has no meaning." You wouldn't say "must have previous experience in this carded set." Previous means before the current time.
But- the fact that the wording uses the term "in carded season" gives the impression that it could be this season. I have no player in this race, but it is vague enough to be interpreted either way.
Bigmahon has been gracious enough to take a ruling (even though the wording is unclear) that makes Muncy and Mikolas eligible. The ruling is...

fowldawg

PostTue Sep 04, 2018 7:09 am

Eligible and let’s move on

If it were just Muncy I would pull him back until the FA, but with this involving multiple picks now we will keep as is. If someone could do the rules tab it would be great. If not I will get on it later in the week.
Last edited by fowldawg on Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat