FOWL Keeper League: 2021 SUPP DRAFT

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

NMILSTEIN

Re: New FOWL Keeper League: Trades and Chat

PostMon Mar 30, 2020 6:24 pm

fowldawg wrote:I will get the spreadsheet finished up, draft order posted, and all by noon Wednesday. We can start without a clock as soon as I'm done. The only thing I might need some help with is an availables list if we would like one--I honestly think we will be fine without one if every one uses the "Find" feature on the Google Sheet.

I'm fine starting at anytime and I think we'll be fine without the available list.

klx22

PostMon Mar 30, 2020 6:30 pm

I could maneuver without one, but it would make life easier.

the ghost of roger maris

PostTue Mar 31, 2020 9:54 am

We could start and do the whole thing untimed....
Pesos league we started drafting
Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:37 pm
and ended with pick number 129 on
Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:08 pm

we kept it moving by emailing the next up when you made a pick...(some folks texted each other too)
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!

mlbphan

PostTue Mar 31, 2020 10:47 am

We could start and do the whole thing untimed....
Pesos league we started drafting
Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:37 pm
and ended with pick number 129 on
Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:08 pm

we kept it moving by emailing the next up when you made a pick...(some folks texted each other too)

we do this in NSKL & it works flawlessly. we still have time slots but with the “reply all” email system we are not only letting know the next guy up but also putting who we took in the email. this would work especially well here since we don’t have a “players available sheet” to work with.
&
since we’re not working with a “players available sheet” we should try to forgo time slots as much as possible. with the reply all email along with the player/pitcher taken it should run relatively smoothly.

Rick
mlbphan

fowldawg

PostTue Mar 31, 2020 11:01 am

I will try to get a Players available list, just not sure what the best/easiest resource to dog up all of the non-carded players is.

I also plan on reducing our roster pages to just the combined positional--deleting the full roster page. Anyone have a problem with this before I hit the button?

bigmahon

PostTue Mar 31, 2020 11:13 am

fowldawg wrote:I also plan on reducing our roster pages to just the combined positional--deleting the full roster page. Anyone have a problem with this before I hit the button?

Sounds good to me. I only used the combined tab.

Thanks Jason.

Palmtana

PostTue Mar 31, 2020 11:37 am

fowldawg wrote:I also plan on reducing our roster pages to just the combined positional--deleting the full roster page. Anyone have a problem with this before I hit the button?

I do this. A well maintained Combined tab is all that's needed. Less work also.

the ghost of roger maris

PostTue Mar 31, 2020 12:08 pm

fowldawg wrote:I will try to get a Players available list, just not sure what the best/easiest resource to dog up all of the non-carded players is.

I also plan on reducing our roster pages to just the combined positional--deleting the full roster page. Anyone have a problem with this before I hit the button?

IMO it is all but impossible to have a complete list...lot of folks had just a few ABs in 2018 and spent the entire 2019 in minors but might land bench jobs in 2020...
I suppose you could make a list of all players who made a debut going back several years,,,
IMO just have a list of folks who are owned and if an owner does the work to dig up someone like
Justin Williams StL OF (who had one AB in 2018 and feels he is worth a draft pick ) more power to them....
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!

JMP1

PostTue Mar 31, 2020 5:25 pm

the ghost of roger maris wrote:
fowldawg wrote:I will try to get a Players available list, just not sure what the best/easiest resource to dog up all of the non-carded players is.

IMO it is all but impossible to have a complete list...lot of folks had just a few ABs in 2018 and spent the entire 2019 in minors but might land bench jobs in 2020...
I suppose you could make a list of all players who made a debut going back several years,,,
IMO just have a list of folks who are owned and if an owner does the work to dig up someone like
Justin Williams StL OF (who had one AB in 2018 and feels he is worth a draft pick ) more power to them....

I was just thinking of a list of the prospects who have been drafted in the league.

fowldawg

PostTue Mar 31, 2020 10:36 pm

I want to make the prospect promotion a little clearer and easier to follow. I wrote the "Lose Rookie Status" with a particular thought in mind, but it has caused some confusion. I'm going to give two options for how that will be defined from now on.

Option 1: once a prospect makes an appearance in the MLB, they must be promoted
Option 2: once a prospect reaches the MLB definition of a rookie, they must be promoted.

Please cast your vote. Any roster adjustments based on the outcome of this vote will be allowed. I will abstain from voting so that there is a majority.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat