• Author

Dr.Publix

Re: trade announcement

PostSun Oct 15, 2017 3:51 pm

buzz082308 wrote:The Martian Visitors trade
Mike Aviles
to Dr. Publix and the 1st Grade Mud Monkeys
for
Kiko Calero who is sitting out the 2008 season.

Dr Publix to confirm.

Confirmed

ironwill1

Re: "THOSE WERE THE DAYS" LEAGUE

PostSun Oct 15, 2017 5:05 pm

I will be releasing all claims on the following players:

Jeff Francis
Matt Stairs
Mike Lamb
Jamie Burke

padrenurgle1

PostSun Oct 15, 2017 5:08 pm

Those of us that have keepers who are not carded (Nelson Cruz in my case) are limited in our in-game roster, correct?

In other words, I can only have a max of 27 in-game, because Cruz has to be my 28th, even without a card. Just checking.

tcochran

PostSun Oct 15, 2017 6:13 pm

padrenurgle1 wrote:Those of us that have keepers who are not carded (Nelson Cruz in my case) are limited in our in-game roster, correct?

In other words, I can only have a max of 27 in-game, because Cruz has to be my 28th, even without a card. Just checking.

Yes, correct

paul j kiggins

PostSun Oct 15, 2017 6:22 pm

again not acceptable allowing a team with 31 players is unfair he should of at least dropped a player in fairness just saying

FALCON29

PostSun Oct 15, 2017 6:33 pm

ironwill1 wrote:I will be releasing all claims on the following players:

Jeff Francis
Matt Stairs
Mike Lamb
Jamie Burke

Now THAT's not right. Those were guys from your team last year, and you chose to keep them before the Free Agent Draft. The rules clearly state that you must retain at least 18 players from the previous season, regardless what you wrote when your drops from '07 were posted.

oldmansmith2

PostSun Oct 15, 2017 6:49 pm

I have to agree with Paul. I figured ironwill would have used his waivers to draft back the players he released in error and release those he shouldn't have ended up with. Instead he first picks Mather without even releasing anybody. Anyway, Terry and Padrenugle have came up with rules going forward to avoid this in the future and asked us to move on so that's good enough for me.

FALCON29

PostSun Oct 15, 2017 7:02 pm

tcochran wrote:I agree with the comments by Padre and oldman. This is our first time through this part of the cycle (first annual draft, with drops, etc.) and it's been a bit confusing. Combining their ideas would end up with something like:

1. Guys you draft must be on your Google roster til the end of season.
2. You can never have more than 28 guys on your Google roster.
3. Guys on your Google roster are protected whether or not they're active or listed in-game.
4. You can never pick up a guy listed on another team's Google roster.
5. You can do WHATEVER YOU WANT, WHENEVER YOU WANT until the first games are played, including picking up and dropping scrubs at will, as long as you respect rules 1-4.
6. Except for trades with another team, your Google roster is set for the season when the first games are played.

Shouldn't #1 read, "1. Guys you draft or protect must be on your Google roster til the end of season."

oldmansmith2

PostSun Oct 15, 2017 7:19 pm

oldmansmith2 wrote:I have to agree with Paul. I figured ironwill would have used his waivers to draft back the players he released in error and release those he shouldn't have ended up with. Instead he first picks Mather without even releasing anybody. Anyway, Terry and Padrenugle have came up with rules going forward to avoid this in the future and asked us to move on so that's good enough for me.

By the way I'm not saying that there is nothing that can be done to make this better. At the least, he could be asked to start the season with at least 18 of the players from last year just like everyone else has.

Paul_Long71

PostSun Oct 15, 2017 10:08 pm

I have not been following this but it seems like someone found away around keeping the required 18 and that's just not right. We frequently said it would be interesting (and difficult) to keep 18 players each year going forward and that it (that challenge) was part of the uniqueness of the league. I don't like the idea that someone can gear up each year and then circumvent the 18 keeper rule by such means. also....if that is NOT what happened here, then I'm wrong and move on. Again, I haven't followed it all because I simply kept my keepers from last year plus my 4 drafted players from this year's FA draft so I knew it wasn't applicable to me..... but 27 mail messages later I figured I should try to understand it all. still not sure I do though.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat