"THOSE WERE THE DAYS" LEAGUE

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

tcochran

Re: "THOSE WERE THE DAYS" LEAGUE

PostThu Aug 15, 2019 9:13 pm

I would be happy to go along with whatever rule the league would like to set on this.

At a minimum, no "future" actions other than trading draft picks are ever recorded or enforced by the league (me).

As I noted in the league messages, players can not be "returned" per se, however a later trade sending someone back to a previous team is legal in this league at this time.

I am not aware of any abuse of this concept in this league, either now or in the past.

oldmansmith2

PostFri Aug 16, 2019 8:38 am

tcochran wrote:
Dr.Publix wrote:As part of trades that I made during the '08 season, the following 3 players have returned to the Mud Monkeys at the conclusion of 2008: D Eveland (TCochran,) K Morales (thechamp87), and Joel Peralta (Chilliards.)

I confirm that I release Eveland to Dr.P, as part of our original deal.

I don't think that any "new" deal needs to be posted, but I believe that the other manager(s) involved in such a deal need to confirm the return as it occurs, rather than just having one manager say "okay, I'll take that player back now"

Here are the details of the trade involving DrPublix and Terry. In the original trade Terry would have been left with fewer than 5 starters so they ammended the trade to include Dana Evland who was returned at the end of the season. DrPublix subsequently traded Evland to Chilliards before the 2009 season started. Returning players has been done in the past and returning Archer was part of the agreement I made with baseballmike. As I said before I have no problems if we make this illegal going forward but it's legal now and I expect Archer back or let's just undo the trade.

tcochran

PostFri Aug 16, 2019 10:14 am

I had forgotten the 2008 deals, but either way, it's accurate to say they are legal at the moment.

If someone wants to propose a rule change for the future, then we could vote on that.

tcochran

PostFri Aug 16, 2019 10:56 am

thechamp87 wrote:
srh1200 wrote:TRADE

Valencia Voluntarios trade Ian Kinsler and its 2015 1st Round Pick to Cypress QuarterHorses for Josh Donaldson and its 2015 5th Round Pick.

Trade #128
Voluntarios traded 2015 1st FA to me

Lost in all of the other discussion was the fact that the 2015 1st Round Pick referenced above had already been traded away. This deal must be either updated or voided.

baseballmike

PostFri Aug 16, 2019 4:31 pm

oldmansmith2 wrote:
tcochran wrote:
Dr.Publix wrote:As part of trades that I made during the '08 season, the following 3 players have returned to the Mud Monkeys at the conclusion of 2008: D Eveland (TCochran,) K Morales (thechamp87), and Joel Peralta (Chilliards.)

I confirm that I release Eveland to Dr.P,

I don't think that any "new" deal needs to be posted, but I believe that the other manager(s) involved in such a deal need to confirm the return as it occurs, rather than just having one manager say "okay, I'll take that player back now"

Here are the details of the trade involving DrPublix and Terry. In the original trade Terry would have been left with fewer than 5 starters so they ammended the trade to include Dana Evland who was returned at the end of the season. DrPublix subsequently traded Evland to Chilliards before the 2009 season started. Returning players has been done in the past and returning Archer was part of the agreement I made with baseballmike. As I said before I have no problems if we make this illegal going forward but it's legal now and I expect Archer back or let's just undo the trade.

Baseballmike confirms

baseballmike

PostFri Aug 16, 2019 4:37 pm

tcochran wrote:
thechamp87 wrote:
srh1200 wrote:TRADE

Valencia Voluntarios trade Ian Kinsler and its 2015 1st Round Pick to Cypress QuarterHorses for Josh Donaldson and its 2015 5th Round Pick.

Trade #128
Voluntarios traded 2015 1st FA to me

Still waiting for Valencia to get back to me

Lost in all of the other discussion was the fact that the 2015 1st Round Pick referenced above had already been traded away. This deal must be either updated or voided.

Dr.Publix

PostSat Aug 17, 2019 9:24 am

7th Grade Mud Monkeys traded:
- Dioner Navarro (C) ($3,350,000)
- Conor Gillaspie (3B) ($2,900,000)

to Cypress QuarterHorses in exchange for:
- Andrew Susac (C) ($5,950,000)
- Rafael Ynoa (3B,SS,2B) ($5,860,000)

Baseballmike to confirm

tcochran

Re: TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT

PostSat Aug 17, 2019 12:20 pm

padrenurgle1 wrote:Jerm gets: Brett Anderson and a 6th round FA pick
padrenurgle gets: Josh Collmenter

Jerm to confirm

(I assume the preferred pick is the 2015 one, but Jerm can nominate any future year if he has his eye on a particular year to contend)

After some searching, I see that Jerm confirmed 2015 in the league chat. Please confirm here in the ILC thread, guys, for a permanent record.

tcochran

PostSat Aug 17, 2019 12:39 pm

baseballmike wrote:Baseballmike confirms

baseballmike's roster is now at 29, after the 2-for-1 deal. A player needs to be dropped.

thechamp87

PostSat Aug 17, 2019 2:00 pm

thechamp87 Trade

'15 5th FA

to baseballmike for

Christian Colon

I drop Juan Francisco
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat