"THOSE WERE THE DAYS" LEAGUE

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Dr.Publix

Re: "THOSE WERE THE DAYS" LEAGUE - 2014 LOADING

PostThu Jun 20, 2019 10:22 am

tcochran wrote:
Harold Homers wrote:I had to add a 2nd catcher as i only had one with a primary position of catcher (Martin) I chose Jesus Secur Sea

I will drop a player once the season starts but I not want to delay the season any further

Sucre will replace Salas as your re-pick for round 9

This doesn’t seem fair. He’s already got 3 guys who can catch. (Martin, Martinez, and Santana). It’s not really Harold’s fault that the autodraft is set up the way that it is, especially since our league isn’t actually using the autodraft. it doesn’t seem fair to make him keep a useless player like Sucre on his roster for the whole season just because Martinez and Santana played other positions more than they caught. And if you’re going to make him keep a 4th catcher instead of an extra reliever, at least let him pick someone other than a .5 guy that he only picked because he knew no one else would want and he was going to drop anyway.

Honestly, I’m probably better off if Harold doesn’t get Salas since he’s a division rival. And it’s his 28th man anyway so it’s not that big of a deal, but my 2 cents is that this is not a case of trying to game the system and he should be allowed to use a temporary replacement just to get through the autodraft. As he said, he was trying to save us the time of having to wait for SOM to approve his 3 catchers.

Also, looking at the googledoc, it seems that Terry101 only has 13 hitters. This is going to be a bigger problem. It looks like his last 5 picks were all hitters so he would have to go back to round 4 and drop Cahill but That doesn’t seem right since someone else surely would have picked him up along the way. So I guess Terry is forced to make a trade, correct?

baseball cfo

PostThu Jun 20, 2019 11:22 am

tcochran wrote:"THOSE WERE THE DAYS" LEAGUE 2014
Card set: 2014u
DH: yes
Cap: $200 mil
Roster: 24-28 (per new Strat rules)
Password: 14

CENTRAL
willmurr24
Terry101
baseball cfo IN
WJS6768
padrenurgle1
srh1200

tcochran

PostThu Jun 20, 2019 12:59 pm

Strat roster rules are pretty clear (even if not necessarily logical):

You must have at least 24 players and no more than 28 players.
You must have at least 13 and no more than 17 hitters.
- At least two of those hitters must have catcher as their primary position.
You must have at least 10 and no more than 12 pitchers.
You must have at least 5 pitchers who have starting pitcher Endurance ratings (e.g. S7).
You must have at least 4 "pure" relievers (i.e. a relief rating (e.g. R2) but no starter rating).
You must have at least 1 pitcher who has a closer Endurance rating (e.g. C4).

So yes, it looks like Harold does need to drop Salas and replace him with a a hitter who has catcher as his primary position. I agree, though, that Sucre was likely just a quick choice so as not to delay loading the league, so exchanging Sucre for some slightly less awful catcher would be okay.

13 hitters is the minimum requirement shown in the rules, so Terry101 should be okay at that level, as long as he meets the catcher rule.

tcochran

PostThu Jun 20, 2019 1:06 pm

"THOSE WERE THE DAYS" LEAGUE 2014

CENTRAL
willmurr24
Terry101
baseball cfo - IN
WJS6768 - IN
padrenurgle1 - IN
srh1200 - IN

Dr.Publix

PostThu Jun 20, 2019 1:54 pm

tcochran wrote:Strat roster rules are pretty clear (even if not necessarily logical):

You must have at least 5 pitchers who have starting pitcher Endurance ratings (e.g. S7).
You must have at least 4 "pure" relievers (i.e. a relief rating (e.g. R2) but no starter rating).

So yes, it looks like Harold does need to drop Salas and replace him with a a hitter who has catcher as his primary position. I agree, though, that Sucre was likely just a quick choice so as not to delay loading the league, so exchanging Sucre for some slightly less awful catcher would be okay.

13 hitters is the minimum requirement shown in the rules, so Terry101 should be okay at that level, as long as he meets the catcher rule.

Fair enough. Thanks Terry. I thought the 2 primary catchers rule was only for the autodraft and that you needed 14 hitters for the autodraft but could go to 13 once the season started. Guess I missed those changes when they made the autodraft more flexible.

paul j kiggins

PostThu Jun 20, 2019 5:20 pm

terry you r up to enter your team to complete division

tcochran

PostThu Jun 20, 2019 5:31 pm

paul j kiggins wrote:terry you r up to enter your team to complete division

For the record, that's Terry101 and not yours truly :D

paul j kiggins

PostThu Jun 20, 2019 6:26 pm

lol

Harold Homers

PostThu Jun 20, 2019 9:06 pm

Dr.Publix wrote:
tcochran wrote:Strat roster rules are pretty clear (even if not necessarily logical):

No problem i will drop Salas and Sucur after the draft and pick a catcher -I should of been more careful -my bad

Harold

Fair enough. Thanks Terry. I thought the 2 primary catchers rule was only for the autodraft and that you needed 14 hitters for the autodraft but could go to 13 once the season started. Guess I missed those changes when they made the autodraft more flexible.

tcochran

PostFri Jun 21, 2019 8:55 am

"THOSE WERE THE DAYS" LEAGUE 2014

MIDWEST
dharmabums - IN
jodynadu - IN