Grumpy Old Men Keeper League (GOML)Chat_Sup. draft Cuts here

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

hk mossy

Re: Grumpy Old Men Keeper League (GOML) Chat

PostThu Mar 14, 2019 2:19 pm

I don't mind at all that you stepped in to provide interpretation.

Now with regards to the prospects. If you promote a prospect that does not have a card and then release him at a later date and he still doesn't have a card. He goes back into the prospect group.

Paul_Long71

PostThu Mar 14, 2019 2:28 pm

need to make sure people know who is at the end of their 2-year stint as a prospect. After 2 years you must promote or cut, not sure everyone is doing that and roster doesn't show which prospects are 1-year guys vs 2-year guys....you have to toggle back and forth between old rosters (2018 etc) to see when you got a prospect.

hk mossy

PostThu Mar 14, 2019 2:31 pm

Yeah, I noticed that. I will fix the spreadsheet by adding a 2 next to those prospects that you have controlled for 2 years and a 1 for those that have been controlled for 1 year. Which means any prospect that has a 2 next to their name must either be promoted or cut.

STEVE F

PostThu Mar 14, 2019 2:50 pm

Paul , you can also look at the prospect drafts , which will show you when you selected your prospect.

hk mossy

PostThu Mar 14, 2019 3:03 pm

I just made the adjustments to the each teams prospects on the 2018-2 roster page. So, could everyone go back and check out their prospects and if they have a 2 next to their name, you have to either promote them to your active roster or cut them.

Thanks,

Hk mossy

Paul_Long71

PostThu Mar 14, 2019 3:08 pm

STEVE F wrote:Paul , you can also look at the prospect drafts , which will show you when you selected your prospect.

correct...either way you have to look elsewhere. would be nice if next to the prospect was 17 or 18 to show when he was added to your team.

Paul_Long71

PostThu Mar 14, 2019 3:10 pm

hk mossy wrote:I just made the adjustments to the each teams prospects on the 2018-2 roster page. So, could everyone go back and check out their prospects and if they have a 2 next to their name, you have to either promote them to your active roster or cut them.

Thanks,

Hk mossy

HK,

you put it on the 2018-2 rosters.....can you put it on the 2019 rosters tab please.

hk mossy

PostThu Mar 14, 2019 3:25 pm

I put it on the 2018-2 rosters because that is what everyone uses to make their keeper and cut decisions for the upcoming season. And once the decision has been made, the number will change from 1 to 2 for those prospects taken in the 2018 prospects draft. I was waiting until all final pre draft roster decisions have been made and then add the notation to the prospects on the 2019-1 rosters.

BG1217

PostThu Mar 14, 2019 3:34 pm

As the Ohtani owner, I'm curious how I'm allowed to use him, since he appears as two separate players. Am I allowed to use him as DH and SP in the same game? That doesn't seem right to me, but apparently the system will allow it. How should we handle this? Surely this has been discussed in some of the other leagues(?).

Thanks!

Ninersphan

PostThu Mar 14, 2019 3:40 pm

BG1217 wrote:As the Ohtani owner, I'm curious how I'm allowed to use him, since he appears as two separate players. Am I allowed to use him as DH and SP in the same game? That doesn't seem right to me, but apparently the system will allow it. How should we handle this? Surely this has been discussed in some of the other leagues(?).

Thanks!

Actually, we're not sure if the system will allow it exactly. I have looked into this, by emailing support, to see if it was possible to have both cards on a roster and was told by support, that you could not have both on your draft list, but once the draft was run it was possible to have both on a roster. Simply have to pick the undrafted version up in waivers or frenzy. However, they alos said that they did not play test for both cards on one team ( stupid not to, if you ask me) and can't guarantee there won't be issues or glitches. I was hoping to see if some of the early leagues try this to see what happens.

I will also say, that in the keepers I'm commissioner in, I'm allowing the Ohtani owner to have a 26 man roster to allow for both cards.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat