Grumpy Old Men Keeper League (GOML)Chat_Sup. draft Cuts here

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

hk mossy

Re: Grumpy Old Men Keeper League (GOML)Chat_Sup. draft Cuts

PostThu Feb 13, 2020 9:19 pm

I had found someone to take over my team. Have you found someone else yet? He offered to take over my team and if I am able to get back into strat at some point, he would let me take it back over. It is Stoney18. LMK if that works

STEVE F

PostThu Feb 13, 2020 9:24 pm

Huh? So who is running this league now?

sociophil

PostThu Feb 13, 2020 9:28 pm

I'd prefer to be the commissioner of the Moneyball Baseball League I'm trying to get up and running (still looking for managers!), but I'd be willing to step up as commish for the year if a more experienced commissioner can't be found. I'm currently editing the spreadsheet.

A few things to consider before we start the new year:

1. We need a replacement manager and mlbphan has already thrown in his hat. What is the procedure for replacing managers?
2. This is our fourth year, so you are free to redraft your stadium if you so choose, but you must drop your stadium prior to the spring FA Draft to participate in the stadium draft.
3. Prospects drafted in 2018 must be promoted or released.
4. Each team needs to get down to a MLB roster size of 30 before the draft.
5. Prospect Roster size is limited to 10.

Shall we start a roll call?

sociophil

Paul_Long71

PostThu Feb 13, 2020 11:51 pm

I'm in and I'd like to have the prospects have their draft year listed next to them if possible

STEVE F

PostFri Feb 14, 2020 1:10 am

I'm in

BG1217

PostFri Feb 14, 2020 8:44 am

I'm in

WJS6768

PostFri Feb 14, 2020 10:06 am

I'm in

hveed

PostFri Feb 14, 2020 11:33 am

In!

Ninersphan

PostFri Feb 14, 2020 11:38 am

sociophil wrote:I'd prefer to be the commissioner of the Moneyball Baseball League I'm trying to get up and running (still looking for managers!), but I'd be willing to step up as commish for the year if a more experienced commissioner can't be found. I'm currently editing the spreadsheet.

A few things to consider before we start the new year:

1. We need a replacement manager and mlbphan has already thrown in his hat. What is the procedure for replacing managers?
2. This is our fourth year, so you are free to redraft your stadium if you so choose, but you must drop your stadium prior to the spring FA Draft to participate in the stadium draft.
3. Prospects drafted in 2018 must be promoted or released.
4. Each team needs to get down to a MLB roster size of 30 before the draft.
5. Prospect Roster size is limited to 10.

Shall we start a roll call?

sociophil

1. Procedure? what procedure. Generally speaking most league will run a "Looking for a Manager" thread, which we don't need to do if mlbphan is stepping in. ( Highly recommend him BTW). the only other issue, is usually the new manager is allowed to change stadiums if so desired. that it. All previous deals were with the team so the new manager has to follow any trades that were done by the previous manager.

2. Not sure what being our 4th year has to do with stadiums, the rules state we can draft a new one every year.

3 & 4 are tied together, you need to be at 30 prior to the draft, so your promotions all should be done with the cuts and the end result of promotions and cuts is a roster of no more than 30 prior to the draft starting. No holding of promotions to use in place of a draft pick.

5. no one has 10 prospects. the most anyone has is 7.

Any way. I'm in.

sociophil

PostFri Feb 14, 2020 11:44 am

Hi ninersphan,

Thanks for the feedback.

Rule 5 under Stadiums says that stadiums can be changed after three years, not every year. There is a separate stadium draft after the FA draft.

sociophil
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat