Grumpy Old Men Keeper League (GOML)Chat_Sup. draft Cuts here

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Ninersphan

Re: Grumpy Old Men Keeper League (GOML) Chat

PostWed Mar 20, 2019 6:27 am

Paul_Long71 wrote:I am currently the commish and running a 24-team league draft and have 3 other keeper leagues that are just starting so I really don't have time to compile my own Available players list, so it would be nice (thanks hveed I just got your pm) if someone sent out a list.....at least of the carded players. I get that we should all do our own work on the non-carded options.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I believe we can only draft carded players in this league.

Paul_Long71

PostWed Mar 20, 2019 6:50 am

just read through the rules and it doesn't specify either way, just says the initial draft had to be from carded players. Probably should decide on that for guys like Touki Toussaint.

geekor

PostWed Mar 20, 2019 8:28 am

It's always been carded players only. That's why there is a prospect draft

sociophil

PostWed Mar 20, 2019 8:31 am

The initial draft was carded players only. I don't think we're required to cut formerly carded players, but you would have to roster them. Not sure about drafting formerly carded players. Either HK should make a ruling, or we should vote on it if HK prefers, and have that decision put into the rules.

sociophil

geekor

PostWed Mar 20, 2019 9:06 am

We had this same conversation when someone tried to draft Muncy. Stop trying to find an advantage.

sociophil

PostWed Mar 20, 2019 9:14 am

geekor,

Not sure anyone is trying to find an advantage, although that is in the spirit of competition. I think that the question, if it keeps being asked, can be permanently addressed simply by inserting in the FA draft rules a phrase that says only currently carded players may be drafted.

sociophil

Ninersphan

PostWed Mar 20, 2019 9:44 am

sociophil wrote:geekor,

Not sure anyone is trying to find an advantage, although that is in the spirit of competition. I think that the question, if it keeps being asked, can be permanently addressed simply by inserting in the FA draft rules a phrase that says only currently carded players may be drafted.

sociophil

Yup.

The rules only cover the initial draft. Would alos be helpful to indicate if Regular or unleashed. While I know we use the regular set, it's not in the rules, and technically the unleashed guys have a card, so they technically could be drafted. ;)

Anyway. seeing as I'm feeling magnanimous this morning, if you want an unofficial list of players available. PM me your email and I'll send it out to you this evening.

geekor

PostWed Mar 20, 2019 11:51 am

Page 25: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=641990&start=240#p5665383

It's already been gone over before (as I mentioned), so it doesn't need to be brought up again. From HK Mossy:

hk mossy wrote:I will write it into the rules, but the intent was it to remain that uncarded players are undraftable. if you have them on your team you can keep them, But you cant draft them.

Paul_Long71

PostWed Mar 20, 2019 11:53 am

That settles it, thanks for digging it up Geekor. We should definitely add that line to "Annual Spring FA draft" as rule #9. under Rules tab.

Ninersphan

PostWed Mar 20, 2019 11:54 am

ditto :D
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat