Grumpy Old Men Keeper League (GOML)Chat_Sup. draft Cuts here

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Paul_Long71

Re: Grumpy Old Men Keeper League (GOML)Chat_Sup. draft Cuts

PostMon Feb 17, 2020 6:23 pm

that's fine. doesn't matter. I take it by the way you are talking that some of you know who is going to be unleashed vs regular. if so, how do you know? or how do you know any more than a month ago....

Ninersphan

PostMon Feb 17, 2020 6:56 pm

Paul_Long71 wrote:that's fine. doesn't matter. I take it by the way you are talking that some of you know who is going to be unleashed vs regular. if so, how do you know? or how do you know any more than a month ago....

Don't know for sure, but years of playing can lead to guesses. Sean Manea if he gets a card at all will definitely be unleashed. The card is too good to be in the regular set with that few innings pitched. 30 IP's is right at the cut off, so he's on the cusp because he only pitched 29.2, but he is included in the standard card and dice game and not just a computer only player, that helps.

For hitters some candidates included:

Solak TEX
Hays SEA
Brown OAK
McGuire TOR
Duval ATL- but very iffy

Just to name a few. Generally your looking for cards with huge Total base counts with minimal at bats ( 75-125 but can be more) that still have a card in the card and dice game ( computer only players are indicated in the ratings download and are NEVER in the online version of the game.)

Paul_Long71

PostMon Feb 17, 2020 7:14 pm

I get all that. but how is voting now for this year any different then voting a month ago for this year is what I meant.

In other words, some have said lets vote on it for next year as teams can "plan accordingly" how do you plan any differently now then if we had voted on it a month ago. It hasn't been announced who is in the unleashed set as far as I know.

so your list of candidates would have been the sam on 1/16 or 12/16 as now...so let's vote on it for this year.

Ninersphan

PostMon Feb 17, 2020 7:17 pm

Paul_Long71 wrote:I get all that. but how is voting now for this year any different then voting a month ago for this year is what I meant.

In other words, some have said lets vote on it for next year as teams can "plan accordingly" how do you plan any differently now then if we had voted on it a month ago. It hasn't been announced who is in the unleashed set as far as I know.

so your list of candidates would have been the sam on 1/16 or 12/16 as now...so let's vote on it for this year.

I don't get that argument either, we haven't made any cuts yet, shouldn't matter if we do this year's set at all.

chasenally

PostMon Feb 17, 2020 8:36 pm

My dog in the fight is...…… I am in a total rebuild and traded away players for draft picks. I don't need one year wonders, what I need is solid players for the long haul. I have the first and 12th pick in the first round. I would pass on all these guys. Waiting until next year lets you plan ahead on how you would make trades this year. These Unleashed guys offer me nothing but would really help those drafting behind me. That is why I think we need to wait as last year will effect this year but not next year when you know we are going Unleashed/

Mike
The msaegse is waht mttares msot!

geekor

PostMon Feb 17, 2020 10:25 pm

I, honestly, don't care in the vote. I will not vote, so please don't include me. I'm fine with either way.

Ninersphan

PostMon Feb 17, 2020 10:46 pm

chasenally wrote:My dog in the fight is...…… I am in a total rebuild and traded away players for draft picks. I don't need one year wonders, what I need is solid players for the long haul. I have the first and 12th pick in the first round. I would pass on all these guys. Waiting until next year lets you plan ahead on how you would make trades this year. These Unleashed guys offer me nothing but would really help those drafting behind me. That is why I think we need to wait as last year will effect this year but not next year when you know we are going Unleashed/

Mike

We’re talking about 6-10 guys, if you don’t want them don’t draft them. If they help teams behind you that helps your draft position in the supplemental draft which helps you for next year. Your argument doesn’t make sense to me.

chasenally

PostMon Feb 17, 2020 11:43 pm

Valid Counter point but since my vote isn't up for a debate.

I don't want to go to the Unleashed Set. My vote is NO if we ever do vote on this.
The msaegse is waht mttares msot!

mlbphan

PostTue Feb 18, 2020 11:41 am

I’m ok with going unleashed & for it to take effect next year. STEVE F is correct that it should be voted this offseason to be effective with the 2021 season this way everyone knows how it will impact their teams/the draft/trades/the league in general.

btw I’m kinda open to talking trade with you guys if you’re interested. PM or email me.

again thanx for letting the grumpy old man in.

Rick
mlbphan

sociophil

PostTue Feb 18, 2020 1:05 pm

Hi all! I have heard from everyone except Mr Baseball World. I will be setting up a vote on Paul's motion to adopt the unleashed cards beginning in 2021. After the cards are released we can start dropping/promoting players. Any prospect drafted in 2018 needs to be promoted. There is a tab on the spreadsheet titled 2018 Prospects Draft. Make sure you promote all prospects on this list if they haven't already been promoted. Here is a link to the spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JxHXUoMaXpSWkjRQaJLOzVekUhNwMFZwXZtiETmjdYI/edit?usp=sharing

Here are the divisions for 2020 Season 1.

East
sociophil
Steve F
Paul_Long71
mlbphan

Central
Ninersphan
BG1217
geekor
WJS6768

West
Zim13