Grumpy Old Men Keeper League (GOML)Chat_Sup. draft Cuts here

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Ninersphan

Re: Grumpy Old Men Keeper League (GOML) Chat

PostSun Mar 24, 2019 4:43 pm

sociophil wrote:If he needed to be hospitalized it could be days before he's back online. I say we wait a few days if necessary. If we wanted to be kind we could have a couple of us draft for hk to move things along. I think he would appreciate that better than being skipped. I'd volunteer to draft for him with another owner to make sure we're choosing fairly.

Sociophil

That might be tough. Not sure if he is playing for this year or building for the future. Could be drastically different picks as you get past the first two or three rounds.

sociophil

PostSun Mar 24, 2019 5:02 pm

I think his first pick was a fever dream, so anything would be better than hk picking while hallucinating. All I'm saying is we either put the draft on extended hold or draft for him. Skipping is not an option in my view. I see that his 24 league team has been skipping his pick, probably setting his franchise back by years.

Ninersphan

PostSun Mar 24, 2019 5:13 pm

sociophil wrote:I think his first pick was a fever dream, so anything would be better than hk picking while hallucinating. All I'm saying is we either put the draft on extended hold or draft for him. Skipping is not an option in my view. I see that his 24 league team has been skipping his pick, probably setting his franchise back by years.

I agree with you on no skipping, and I'm not opposed to picking for him, just wish we had a general idea of what his vision for the team/season was. BPA, can be somewhat subjective.

chasenally

PostSun Mar 24, 2019 5:29 pm

I am willing to wait as long as it takes. My dog in the fight is that I don't really care when the League starts. I hope he is ok, that I do care about. That other League that is skipping him isn't doing the right thing IMHO. When he sees that he just might drop out. Then they will wait longer to start while looking for someone to take over that team.

Mike
The msaegse is waht mttares msot!

STEVE F

PostSun Mar 24, 2019 5:36 pm

I agree with Mike. I have plenty of leagues, so I'm not chomping at the bit for this one to start either.

Paul_Long71

PostSun Mar 24, 2019 5:50 pm

sociophil wrote:I think his first pick was a fever dream, so anything would be better than hk picking while hallucinating. All I'm saying is we either put the draft on extended hold or draft for him. Skipping is not an option in my view. I see that his 24 league team has been skipping his pick, probably setting his franchise back by years.

In terms of that last line....Probably not. since you are talking about my league and he's only been skipped once. Jeff and I get along really well and I've tried emailing/texting/calling him to no avail. worried and hope he's ok. In our 24-team league we are in rd 7 after the keepers have been done so not much there that would "set his franchise back by years". If he's in another 24-team league that you are referring to then I take it all back.

Paul_Long71

PostSun Mar 24, 2019 6:13 pm

Just got a hold of HK/Jeff on the phone! He is ok. Was in Toronto with no computer access. He will be checking in either later today or tomorrow. So glad he is ok! :)

Ninersphan

PostSun Mar 24, 2019 6:26 pm

Paul_Long71 wrote:Just got a hold of HK/Jeff on the phone! He is ok. Was in Toronto with no computer access. He will be checking in either later today or tomorrow. So glad he is ok! :)

Good News! :D

sociophil

PostSun Mar 24, 2019 6:30 pm

In terms of that last line....Probably not. since you are talking about my league and he's only been skipped once.

Sorry, didn't mean to insult anyone. It looked like his#2 pick was skipped.

geekor

PostMon Mar 25, 2019 9:13 am

I'm off to airport and off line for most of the day. I will check in sometime after I land.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat