Grumpy Old Men Keeper League (GOML)Chat_Sup. draft Cuts here

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Ninersphan

Re: New 2017 Keeper League Chat

PostTue Apr 04, 2017 9:39 pm

sociophil wrote:
I'll put my infield up against anyone's really, OF may need some help.

I'd give it to AZP with Segura, Story, and Arenado to build around. Certainly Gonzalez is a problem at 1st in the long run, but overall this is a top notch infield. His OF is solid too, but all this offense came at the price of starting pitching. It may be servicable this year, but long term it looks to be shaky.

Not totally sold on Story yet, he's a 3 defensively and going forward, how much will his cards be a product of Coors? Will he get dinged if he doesn't hit as well on the road? Also, Segura has to do it again as well. LOVE him this year, but he's never come close to these type numbers before, can he do it again.

STEVE F

PostTue Apr 04, 2017 9:59 pm

I also thought that 2b Baez and Villar were great grabs where they went

hveed

PostWed Apr 05, 2017 12:13 am

AZ killed me when he took Taillon! I was going to take him that round and I thought I was a round or 2 early. :o

chasenally

PostWed Apr 05, 2017 12:29 am

I expected Trout to go first but decided that if I got Trout it was hitting and Kershaw meant I went pitching. All in on one or the other for me. I have Kershaw, Kluber, Hendricks and Hellickson. I like Hellickon's chances along with Fernandez for one year. My pen has OH, Bush and Bedrosian. I love my staff but Kershaw is a pig! My offense isn't bad and my defense is better then good.

I will agree with Tallion as I sent a PM about what a great pick that was. I didn't really loose any picks because by the time I was picking hitters most were gone. I grabbed Galvis way too early but if Russell goes down 15 games and I don't have a replacement I am doomed. Eaton and Ramirez were good picks for me as they came after my 3 SP's were picked.

Many bad old washed up players have been picked and cant wait to see who wins with those picks. Kemp comes to mind.
The msaegse is waht mttares msot!

chasenally

PostWed Apr 05, 2017 12:56 am

"Sociophil's team SUCKS! What a newbie. He reached for Bregman, who might turn out to be a bum, reached for a bunch of starting pitchers with huge question marks, and passed over Manny Machado, his home town hero, for a hated Red Stocking right fielder who can't hit lefties. What kind of right handed power hitter whifs on lefties?!? At least his team will have first pick in the draft next year.

Draft Analysis so far: The first two picks were no brainers, the next ten were a toss up. We've already established that Sociophil is a moron for passing on Machado in favor of Betts. I like hveed grabbing Sanchez and Rizzo with his first two picks, although I think he might have done better taking a chance that Sanchez would still be there in the second round. While it is hard to argue with Rizzo, I think Harper or Correa and Sanchez would have been a better combo. Paul Long had the best first two rounds, grabbing Machado, Lindor, and Sale with his two picks and the 2nd round pick of HK.

Any thoughts on best picks so far, and biggest reaches? My favorite pick is chasenally grabbing a one year rental on Jose Fernandez in the 13th round. I was hoping to grab what looks to be an ace card on the cheap myself, but he beat me to the punch. As for reaches, I think Dansby Swanson in the 4th might be a reach but that is just because I don't trust rookies."

Oh and never argue with someone that is clearly smarter then you. :D

chasenally

PostWed Apr 05, 2017 1:03 am

Here's my Segura 27 game slash at Kauffman .196/218/252. Hey it's better then Toles and Fowler so far.

Paul_Long71

PostWed Apr 05, 2017 1:26 am

Ninersphan wrote:
Paul_Long71 wrote:ok ninersphan, I'll go after you Infield against anyone....just for fun

mine; 1B-Miguel Cabrera 2b- Ian Kinsler 3B- Manny Machado SS- Francisco Lindor.

:D

I like it for this year, but the right side is going to need replacing soon. ;)

1b Freeman, 2b Schoop/Baez, SS Crawford, 3B Donaldson and lets not forget Ramos and Perez behind the dish.

Now I suppose you could make the same age claim against my left side, but I've also got Iglesas at SS and Bell at 3b waiting in the wings.

good points, but I do have Hosmer and Drury (2B for D'backs now) to replace that right side down the road

geekor

PostWed Apr 05, 2017 11:33 am

sociophil wrote:
I'll put my infield up against anyone's really, OF may need some help.

I'd give it to AZP with Segura, Story, and Arenado to build around. Certainly Gonzalez is a problem at 1st in the long run, but overall this is a top notch infield. His OF is solid too, but all this offense came at the price of starting pitching. It may be servicable this year, but long term it looks to be shaky.

Isn't that my team? :lol: :P

Yea, I know I only have a few starting pitchers that are keepers for the long haul. But I figure there are always a good 10+ that pop up every year. If my hitting doesn't need any turn-over (knock on wood) I can focus on all pitching next year.

My one regret.... not seeing Butera's "T rating" ... 20.... what have I done!! :shock: :cry:

STEVE F

PostWed Apr 05, 2017 2:12 pm

I'm assuming we're on 90 minute clock now, is that correct?

hk mossy

PostWed Apr 05, 2017 2:22 pm

Yes we are
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat