Grumpy Old Men Keeper League (GOML)Chat_Sup. draft Cuts here

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Mr Baseball World

Re: New 2017 Keeper League Chat

PostMon Apr 03, 2017 11:41 am

Monday through Friday last week we made 85 picks. If we use hour and a half time slots and run it 15 hours a day we will be looking at 10 picks a day. Wouldn't we be better off moving to a two hour clock?

STEVE F

PostMon Apr 03, 2017 11:46 am

I'd say go to 15 minute assigned slots. You will know exactly when you're picking , and we could get through 4 rounds a day.

Barring that, how about just check in more often and make a damn pick? This works in every other league :shock:

STEVE F

PostMon Apr 03, 2017 2:34 pm

If you want to give HKMossy your phone to put on the google doc, I'd be happy to message you when you're up. I am disabled so unless somebody gives me a ride to the store or something, I'm always home

Ninersphan

PostMon Apr 03, 2017 3:46 pm

Pick is in, you guys got it to me at the worst time of day.

sociophil

PostTue Apr 04, 2017 2:57 pm

I thought this thread was for trash talking, so let me start.

Sociophil's team SUCKS! What a newbie. He reached for Bregman, who might turn out to be a bum, reached for a bunch of starting pitchers with huge question marks, and passed over Manny Machado, his home town hero, for a hated Red Stocking right fielder who can't hit lefties. What kind of right handed power hitter whifs on lefties?!? At least his team will have first pick in the draft next year.

Draft Analysis so far: The first two picks were no brainers, the next ten were a toss up. We've already established that Sociophil is a moron for passing on Machado in favor of Betts. I like hveed grabbing Sanchez and Rizzo with his first two picks, although I think he might have done better taking a chance that Sanchez would still be there in the second round. While it is hard to argue with Rizzo, I think Harper or Correa and Sanchez would have been a better combo. Paul Long had the best first two rounds, grabbing Machado, Lindor, and Sale with his two picks and the 2nd round pick of HK.

Any thoughts on best picks so far, and biggest reaches? My favorite pick is chasenally grabbing a one year rental on Jose Fernandez in the 13th round. I was hoping to grab what looks to be an ace card on the cheap myself, but he beat me to the punch. As for reaches, I think Dansby Swanson in the 4th might be a reach but that is just because I don't trust rookies.

STEVE F

PostTue Apr 04, 2017 7:46 pm

I thought Gregory Polanco sat on the board way too long. Was about to grab him but missed by one pick.

I thought I'd be reaching for a reliever (kenley Jansen) in the 5th round, but I may have underestimated relievers, then I panicked and maybe took A Miller too early.

I was bummed to be picking last, but totally stoked to find Correa and Harper still there :D

Ninersphan

PostTue Apr 04, 2017 8:39 pm

Pleased with my squad overall, I think I've done well balancing staying competitive this year with building for the long haul. I'll put my infield up against anyone's really, OF may need some help. I may have reached a little with freeman at #3 but I've been caught in keepers in the past not grabbing a franchise type 1b and suffered for it. I thought getting Donaldson where I did was a bit of good fortune, but I've lost out on some sleeper picks buy just a pick or two with Mr BBWorld nabbing more than one guy I wanted.

I also was in on Fernandez right before he got picked, but still like my blend of pitchers for both this year and going forward. Looking forward to seeing how it shakes out.

Paul_Long71

PostTue Apr 04, 2017 8:43 pm

ok ninersphan, I'll go after you Infield against anyone....just for fun

mine; 1B-Miguel Cabrera 2b- Ian Kinsler 3B- Manny Machado SS- Francisco Lindor.

:D

Ninersphan

PostTue Apr 04, 2017 8:56 pm

Paul_Long71 wrote:ok ninersphan, I'll go after you Infield against anyone....just for fun

mine; 1B-Miguel Cabrera 2b- Ian Kinsler 3B- Manny Machado SS- Francisco Lindor.

:D

I like it for this year, but the right side is going to need replacing soon. ;)

1b Freeman, 2b Schoop/Baez, SS Crawford, 3B Donaldson and lets not forget Ramos and Perez behind the dish.

Now I suppose you could make the same age claim against my left side, but I've also got Iglesas at SS and Bell at 3b waiting in the wings.

sociophil

PostTue Apr 04, 2017 9:30 pm

I'll put my infield up against anyone's really, OF may need some help.

I'd give it to AZP with Segura, Story, and Arenado to build around. Certainly Gonzalez is a problem at 1st in the long run, but overall this is a top notch infield. His OF is solid too, but all this offense came at the price of starting pitching. It may be servicable this year, but long term it looks to be shaky.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat