D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Roscodog

Re: D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

PostTue Jul 24, 2018 8:35 pm

Hveed I own your 10th round FA pick, you should double check to ensure it won’t change how many guys you have to drop. If it does I can trade the pick back to you for a higher pick as well.

fredpaii

PostTue Jul 24, 2018 8:36 pm

Paul_Long71 wrote:need to know which pick you are trading. "last pick" is too vague. let me know which of the 8th rd picks it is.

Can I leave it at whichever of the three picks is last? I would guess victor's team if i had to.

Roscodog

PostTue Jul 24, 2018 8:42 pm

It’s ok by me but again the way this rule is going to work out is going to cause headaches

Paul_Long71

PostTue Jul 24, 2018 8:44 pm

I guess I'll deal with headaches then. At least it fits the way the rule is stated and I can follow it. Doubt it comes up very often.

hveed

PostTue Jul 24, 2018 11:49 pm

Roscodog wrote:It’s ok by me but again the way this rule is going to work out is going to cause headaches

Totally agree this is going to make things much more complicated than they need to be. Not to mention by making teams that make trades for pick ( who are most likely lower tier teams) we are making it more difficult for them to rebuild by forcing them to drop more players.

If we are going to go with it that way, then I don't really mind, but I do think its not right to change the interpretation in the middle of the season and we should start enforcing it that way at the beginning of next season. Unless we have been enforcing it that way until now?

Paul_Long71

PostWed Jul 25, 2018 1:54 am

we have been enforcing it that way until now, but we always made sure that the owner had the pick covered and it never involved this high frequency of picks. I always just told them they should make it a diff rd pick, etc...

most traded picks have been lower rds so it really only comes into issue when you are talking about trading later round picks.

hveed

PostWed Jul 25, 2018 10:44 am

Actually that rule hasn't been enforced in the past, for example Turtle traded his 2018 10th round pick and he was out of picks by the end of Round 8. He dropped 11 and promoted 1, but by these rules he would have had to drop 2 more in order to get to keep ownership of round 10.

That is just one example. I still say either make the change staring in 2019 or at least put it to a vote before a bunch of us have to redo previous deals.

Roscodog

PostWed Jul 25, 2018 11:36 am

Paul I’ll start by saying that I genuinely appreciate you running the league as I do all commishes, I run one and know that I personally feel it’s a big pain in the ass. Complaints make it no easier and I’ve been close to quitting as commish.

You can run this league as you see fit and how you interpret the rules and as long as everyone understand them and are on the same page it’s not an issue.

Hveed is correct though that this rule has not been enforced this way previously, definitely not in the 2018 draft. I had traded my 10th round pick for example to Victor and I was done drafting in the 6th round. I only dropped 10 players.
Granted I made trades during the draft acquiring players and picks but even then not enough to account for trading that 10th round pick. (Victor did not use it).

I’m done commenting on this issue now unless asked. The rule is the rule how you interpret and I will abide by it but Hveed is correct that it was not enforced/interpreted this same way in the 2018 draft.

hveed

PostWed Jul 25, 2018 11:45 am

Roscodog wrote:Paul I’ll start by saying that I genuinely appreciate you running the league as I do all commishes, I run one and know that I personally feel it’s a big pain in the ass. Complaints make it no easier and I’ve been close to quitting as commish.

You can run this league as you see fit and how you interpret the rules and as long as everyone understand them and are on the same page it’s not an issue.

Hveed is correct though that this rule has not been enforced this way previously, definitely not in the 2018 draft. I had traded my 10th round pick for example to Victor and I was done drafting in the 6th round. I only dropped 10 players.
Granted I made trades during the draft acquiring players and picks but even then not enough to account for trading that 10th round pick. (Victor did not use it).

I’m done commenting on this issue now unless asked. The rule is the rule how you interpret and I will abide by it but Hveed is correct that it was not enforced/interpreted this same way in the 2018 draft.

Totally agree with this too. I know it isn't always easy to deal with pain in the butt owners like me and it is mostly thankless and I definitely appreciate all the hard work!

Paul_Long71

PostWed Jul 25, 2018 11:49 am

thanks. I believe it was done this way in the past, if I missed one then it got by. It really should only apply on higher draft picks (rounds 8-10) so shouldn't be a big issue. I've already told Fred what to do and he's going to get back to me on what round draft pick he wants to trade to Rosco.

always appreciate owners who are invested and active so don't feel like you can't comment. Can't put every rule interpretation up for vote (and votes take forever with some of this crowd) so on this one I'm just going to go with what I stated and move on.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat