D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Paul_Long71

Re: D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

PostTue Aug 18, 2020 6:12 pm

If Cespedes gets a card he can be drafted and used next year. Right now he's not on a team in our league so it doesn't matter. He can't be drafted in the Supp draft because Rule 3 of Supp draft says all players drafted in the Supplemental draft must have a card in the set for the year currently being played....and Cespedes doesn't.

If he does get a card it will have a slash line of .161/.235/.387 not too appealing.

piloneus382

PostTue Aug 18, 2020 9:01 pm

Paul_Long71 wrote:To answer a couple questions from before:

1. I have decided to do this: If your player chose to OPT-OUT of the MLB season, then you can retain him at no penalty, you just get to carry an extra guy. This is for guys who are on the OPT-OUT list now, not some guy that opts out after 30 games or some such....I am printing out the list NOW so that is what we will use.

It seems unfair that an owner is able to retain one of these opt-out players AND get to replace them for the 2nd 2019 season. A player like Buster Posey or David Price hadn't opted out in 2019 and they have a card. Replacing them circumvents next years draft (unless they also aren't allowed to use the opt-out player in 2019-2)

Paul_Long71

PostWed Aug 19, 2020 12:35 am

In order to be in the supplemental draft you have to drop a player. you don't get a supp pick for an opt-out guy. The rule I stated for opt out guys goes into effect for the next year's set. So I'm not sure I'm getting this part of your statement "It seems unfair that an owner is able to retain one of these opt-out players AND get to replace them for the 2nd 2019 season". maybe I'm just not seeing your point, Kev... call me if you want and maybe it'll be easier.

1. I have decided to do this: If your player chose to OPT-OUT of the MLB season, then you can retain him at no penalty NEXT YEAR, you just get to carry an extra guy. This is for guys who are on the OPT-OUT list now, not some guy that opts out after 30 games or some such....I am printing out the list NOW so that is what we will use.

I added the words NEXT YEAR in case that is what was missing.

piloneus382

PostWed Aug 19, 2020 9:07 am

Thanks for clearing that up.

AG

Dr.Publix

PostSat Aug 22, 2020 7:44 pm

Dr. Publix trades my 1st round supplemental pick to Heekin65 for Shed Long, provided he can still trade Long, if the drops haven’t become official yet, which I’m thinking could be the case since the draft hasn’t officially started yet.

Heekin65 to confirm if Paul allows it

Paul_Long71

PostSat Aug 22, 2020 8:10 pm

/ Heekin posted that he was dropping Shed Long on Monday....you guys had 5 days to make that trade. Because I allowed Victor to wait til today, I guess if no one has a problem with it, I can push it through. But in the future, let's all (trades, Victor's late drop, etc... ) try to get this done by the time that is set.

thanks...

Paul

heekin65

PostSat Aug 22, 2020 8:59 pm

Dr.Publix wrote:Dr. Publix trades my 1st round supplemental pick to Heekin65 for Shed Long, provided he can still trade Long, if the drops haven’t become official yet, which I’m thinking could be the case since the draft hasn’t officially started yet.

Heekin65 to confirm if Paul allows it

Confirmed the Above. Thanx

fredpaii

PostSun Aug 23, 2020 1:57 am

May I cut RP Tanner Rainey as well?

Paul_Long71

PostSun Aug 23, 2020 1:12 pm

sure. no picks have been made yet. But...can we all please adhere to the given deadlines in the future. makes my job easier.

I get it, I set myself up this time. I allowed Victor to post his late, which made me feel like allowing the trade had to be done even though it was after the deadline, and now I feel that since I allowed those, I should allow this drop prior to any picks being made.

Next time,.... no extensions. The deadline will be firm.

dc irish

PostTue Aug 25, 2020 8:22 pm

Motion for League Rule Change:

DELETION OF THE FOLLOWING:

Annual Free Agent Draft Rule 3: "The first round of the Free Agent draft will be untimed. The remaining"

Annual Prospect Draft Rule 2: "The first round of the prospect draft will be untimed. The remaining"

Supplemental Draft Rule 5: "First round will be untimed all other"
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat