D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

FALCON29

Re: D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

PostSat Apr 16, 2022 8:08 pm

lev.cohen wrote:Lev trades:
Jordan Montgomery, seanreflex's 2023 2nd round FA pick, Lev's 2023 3rd round prospect pick

to Falcon29 for:
Spencer Turnbull and Nick Gordon

I will drop Gordon in a corresponding move to get back to 30.

Falcon29 to confirm.

Confirmed. I will promote Prospect Chas McCormick to fill my roster.

oldmansmith2

PostSun Apr 17, 2022 1:20 pm

FALCON29 wrote:
lev.cohen wrote:Lev trades:
Jordan Montgomery, seanreflex's 2023 2nd round FA pick, Lev's 2023 3rd round prospect pick

to Falcon29 for:
Spencer Turnbull and Nick Gordon

I will drop Gordon in a corresponding move to get back to 30.

Falcon29 to confirm.

Confirmed. I will promote Prospect Chas McCormick to fill my roster.

So the Nick Gordon part of the deal is for the purpose of freeing up a roster spot in order to promote a prospect and not have to have the prospect be one of the 20 keepers pre draft? And this is acceptable? Just want to be sure before I attempt the same thing myself in order to promote Brandon Marsh.

Roscodog

PostSun Apr 17, 2022 1:22 pm

Long story short, yes

Eddie E

PostSun Apr 17, 2022 1:57 pm

Hopefully we can fix this loophole for next year.

seanreflex

PostSun Apr 17, 2022 2:22 pm

You guys are all way smarter than I am. I don't see the loophole - what is it that you're referring to?

I wouldn't even have been smart enough to trade a player to someone (who can then drop him) in order to free up a roster spot to promote a prospect. Is it a "loophole", or just a tool that a clever manager (or pair of managers) can use to improve their team?

Nick Gordon isn't much, but he's not "Nothing" ... there is a cost associated with doing this, at least in my eyes.

What would be the proposal to make it different? I'm just trying to understand. Thanks.

Roscodog

PostSun Apr 17, 2022 2:45 pm

seanreflex wrote:You guys are all way smarter than I am. I don't see the loophole - what is it that you're referring to?

I wouldn't even have been smart enough to trade a player to someone (who can then drop him) in order to free up a roster spot to promote a prospect. Is it a "loophole", or just a tool that a clever manager (or pair of managers) can use to improve their team?

Nick Gordon isn't much, but he's not "Nothing" ... there is a cost associated with doing this, at least in my eyes.

What would be the proposal to make it different? I'm just trying to understand. Thanks.

Well whether it is a loophole or not is up for debate but as you suggest there is a cost.
The only way within the rules to change it however would be to say that any prospect not promoted prior to to draft cannot be promoted prior to following season.

dc irish

PostSun Apr 17, 2022 4:30 pm

ANNUAL RULE CHANGE SUBMISSIONS:

Paul, like we talked about generally during the draft, I'd ask that the league vote on the following two amendments:

Roster Size
5) Each team may have one DL spot that does not count against either the player maximum roster size or keeper limits. Such player must have been A) Previously drafted by the team in question, B) have been carded in the year previous, and C) not be carded in the current set due to reasons of physical injury. Specifically barred from utilization of this slot are any players who are not carded due to MLB suspensions relating to off-field or on-field conduct, administrative leave, playing in an international non-MLB league, mental causation, contract dispute, or similar circumstances.

Annual Draft, Prospect Draft, Supplemental Draft
Strike all instances of "Monday through Friday".
This essentially allows timed slots to occur throughout the draft, including weekends.

Thanks, Hope everyone is having a great Easter!
Last edited by dc irish on Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paul_Long71

PostSun Apr 17, 2022 5:19 pm

Thanks Jim. I will send both of these amendments out for vote next week. If anyone else has a rule they'd like to send me, do it now so I can send all rules amendments at once so that they can all be voted on in one email.

thanks,

Paul

FALCON29

D2D Protected List Loophole

PostSun Apr 17, 2022 7:37 pm

While we're talking about closing roster loopholes, there's one item that I really have a problem with. Trades of protected players made during the draft allow teams to effectively circumvent the 20-player keeper limit. Any deals made during the FA draft should have to have an equal number of protected players going in each direction. Or just don't allow any protected players to be traded at all during the FA draft.

And for the record, I only protected 19 players this season, so I could have just as easily promoted Chas McCormick prior to the start of the draft and there would be no debate on that move now.

oldmansmith2

PostSun Apr 17, 2022 10:07 pm

Trade announcement:
Oldmansmith trades Phil Gosselin and my 2023 3rd round prospect pick to
pauljkiggins for his 2023 4th round prospect pick.
I will promote Brandon Marsh to fill my roster.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat