D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Eddie E

Re: D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

PostFri Apr 29, 2022 6:15 am

May I add my annual request for a vote on the supplemental draft?

Proposal: No supplemental draft. Every year, the best cards are already gone in the draft because of having 10 prospects and 3 of the best new cards taken by 24 teams (thats 72 cards) before the draft even starts. So pretty much every young talent who comes into the league is already on a prospect roster and every one year wonder card that is put out by a surprise player is already on a roster due to the supplemental draft. If we really want the worse teams in the league to get better we have to make more cards available in the draft.

Terry101

PostFri Apr 29, 2022 7:01 am

Eddie E wrote:May I add my annual request for a vote on the supplemental draft?

Proposal: No supplemental draft. Every year, the best cards are already gone in the draft because of having 10 prospects and 3 of the best new cards taken by 24 teams (thats 72 cards) before the draft even starts. So pretty much every young talent who comes into the league is already on a prospect roster and every one year wonder card that is put out by a surprise player is already on a roster due to the supplemental draft. If we really want the worse teams in the league to get better we have to make more cards available in the draft.

Agree

oldmansmith2

PostFri Apr 29, 2022 11:56 am

Eddie E wrote:May I add my annual request for a vote on the supplemental draft?

Don't really have a strong opinion on this but I was wondering why eliminating the supplemental draft would benefit the weaker teams. After season 1 the weaker teams would be established and they would be the ones drafting the best of the one year wonder cards wouldn't they? Plus the competition isn't as high for the cards during supplemental. Last year 3 managers skipped rd 1, 6 skipped rd 2 and 16 skipped rd 3. The worst 4 teams were the only ones that drafted all 3 rounds.
I'm all for helping the weaker teams get more competitive so if most of the managers with weaker teams agree with Eddie on this I have no problem voting to get rid of the supplemental.

Eddie E

PostFri Apr 29, 2022 12:23 pm

You are correct in that the weaker teams get first crack at the supplemental round but the cards are not complete during the supplemental draft. Its still a guess when you draft since there is enough season left for a player to pitch or hit poorly and ruin what looked like a good card. I just think that we should have as many good cards available for the draft as possible (I think 10 prospects per team are too much as well so maybe that is the fight I should be fighting)

heekin65

PostFri Apr 29, 2022 1:03 pm

I agree with Eddie on the 2nd point. 10’ is too many prospects. I do support keeping the supplemental draft as is.

Terry101

PostFri Apr 29, 2022 2:04 pm

A vote would be nice- I am not for the supplemental because it seriously weakens the following year draft---

heekin65

PostSun May 01, 2022 6:19 pm

Terry101 wrote:A vote would be nice- I am not for the supplemental because it seriously weakens the following year draft---

However, I think that is a good point as well about weakening the draft for a 24 team league especially. Another point to ponder.

Roscodog

PostSun May 01, 2022 8:05 pm

I’m not a fan of the supplemental draft in any league

Paul_Long71

PostTue May 03, 2022 1:24 am

I sent an email to all league owners. please check your email that I have on file. We have 3 Rules Proposals to vote on. To pass they need a 2/3 super-majority vote. Please send me an email of your votes. no need to vote here, no need to "reply all"

Paul_Long71

PostTue May 03, 2022 7:10 pm

Thank you for an incredibly timely and efficient response to the Rules Proposals. I have 19 votes in and with that all 3 proposals are decided.

Proposal 1: To add a DL slot
yes votes: 7
no votes: 12

Proposal does NOT pass

Proposal 2: To remove Monday thru Friday from the drafts and essentially continue with time slots through the weekends.

yes votes: 17
no votes: 2

Proposal Passes

Proposal 3: To eliminate the supplemental draft

yes votes: 10
no votes: 9

The proposal does NOT pass.

thanks and good luck with this season!!!
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat