D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

hveed

Re: D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

PostThu Apr 05, 2018 12:26 pm

The Turtle wrote:Should we consider dialing back the prospect draft next season? Seems 4 rounds is going to get us pretty bare soon.

I agree 4 rounds is too much. We should vote on it for next year. Just need to figure out what to do with anyone who has already traded for 3rd or 4th round picks in the future.

Eddie E

PostThu Apr 05, 2018 12:35 pm

I agree that we should cut the prospect draft back (maybe 2 rounds?) One option would be if you have a pick in the third or later rounds for next year, those traded picks (only)begin after the second rd.

I think we should also revisit the rule regarding prospects eligibility after two years. If they haven't come up within the two year time frame then they go back into the pool. This will fatten up the prospect pool a little and also make decisions on who to draft a little more difficult.

calbatross

PostThu Apr 05, 2018 12:40 pm

Eddie E wrote:I think we should also revisit the rule regarding prospects eligibility after two years. If they haven't come up within the two year time frame then they go back into the pool.

That is already the rule. Unless I don't understand what you're suggesting.

"3) Propects remain prospects for 2 years. After two years prospects must be promoted or cut. i.e. drafted in spring of 2016 must be promoted or cut in spring of 2018."

Four rounds was great for the first year of the league, when everyone was beefing up their rosters, but yes after a few years the pool has gotten pretty thin. I'd be all for changing it to two rounds at some point.

hveed

PostThu Apr 05, 2018 12:48 pm

Eddie E wrote:I agree that we should cut the prospect draft back (maybe 2 rounds?) One option would be if you have a pick in the third or later rounds for next year, those traded picks (only)begin after the second rd.

I think we should also revisit the rule regarding prospects eligibility after two years. If they haven't come up within the two year time frame then they go back into the pool. This will fatten up the prospect pool a little and also make decisions on who to draft a little more difficult.

I think he means we can't promote them without a card? Is that right? So after 2 years if they aren't in the majors they go back in the pool?

Eddie E

PostThu Apr 05, 2018 1:01 pm

Yes, Hveed. That is exactly what I mean. Right now we can promote them without a card. I propose we throw them back into the prospect pool if they don't have a current card. It will add to the prospect pool depth.

Paul_Long71

PostThu Apr 05, 2018 1:22 pm

I don't think any rule changes are needed here. we just voted to increase prospects to 10.... would be silly to then lower the amount we draft each year as you'd never get to 10 (due to the 2-year rule). I think we're gonna see prospects being dropped back to the pool really soon. This is because some of us promoted our prospects so we wouldn't lose them...we can't do that again next year or else we will end up with too many uncarded players (because of the prospects on main roster) and won't be able to field a legal roster for autodraft card.

just my 2 cents. we can always propose a rule and put it to a vote (needs 2/3 vote to pass)

hveed

PostThu Apr 05, 2018 1:50 pm

Good point, it might just take another year or 2 for more guys to recycle...

What about going to 3 rounds?

Eddie E

PostSat Apr 07, 2018 7:35 pm

only 2 FA picks made ALL day? Sheesh

Dr.Publix

PostWed Apr 11, 2018 7:07 am

Dr. Publix trades my 2019 9th round FA pick to BigMahon for his remaining prospect pick. Big to confirm

bigmahon

PostWed Apr 11, 2018 7:31 am

Dr.Publix wrote:Dr. Publix trades my 2019 9th round FA pick to BigMahon for his remaining prospect pick. Big to confirm

Confirmed
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat