D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Hamilton17

Re: D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

PostSat Jan 22, 2022 11:24 am

My RP's are legitimately terrible. I'm open to discussing trade options to try to improve. (I have 3-4 who are OK vs. LH batters only, but no closers and no one to get RH bats out.)

Very excited for this league and format.

Paul_Long71

PostSat Jan 22, 2022 2:16 pm

Joseph, just a heads up that you will be cutting down to 20 and that includes prospect promotions. Any prospect you have that has "20 next to his name needs to be promoted or dropped. You are joining during an interesting year for prospects as many owners are loaded up on prospects but will need to drop down to 6-10 if they expect to also partake in the Prospect Draft this season. You can only have a max of 10. So if any owner wants to have all 4 of their Prospect picks in the draft, then they have to have 6 or less prospects on their roster prior to the prospect draft.

Eddie E

PostSun Jan 23, 2022 11:26 am

Hamilton17: Of course its up to you but for the most part you might want to refrain from trading for a year. I only say that because it takes a little time to figure out what is important in a 24 team keeper league versus 12 team leagues or auto leagues. I am sure you are savvy but consider it. We probably all made some early trade mistakes joining this league.

seanreflex

PostSun Jan 23, 2022 11:34 am

Eddie E wrote:Hamilton17: Of course its up to you but for the most part you might want to refrain from trading for a year. I only say that because it takes a little time to figure out what is important in a 24 team keeper league versus 12 team leagues or auto leagues. I am sure you are savvy but consider it. We probably all made some early trade mistakes joining this league.

Sound advice from the old sage! The biggest mistake I made in the first year was not making trades, it was making trades WITH EDDIE!! :oops:

paul j kiggins

PostSun Jan 23, 2022 11:38 am

lol

lev.cohen

PostMon Jan 31, 2022 3:44 pm

If anyone's looking to talk some trades while we wait for the new cards, I have the following guys available. I'm looking primarily for upgrades in the FA draft but also would potentially have some interest in players — hoping to contend this year.

Available hitters:
CJ Cron (1B good starter both ways this year and plays in Coors going forward, would take a good offer)
Aaron Hicks (injury riddled year but playable vs L and future value still)
Eddie Rosario (down season but should bounce back as playoffs showed)
Donovan Solano (high OB second base)

Only in a blockbuster: Freddie Freeman (would want a high quality young SP or hitter in return)

Available pitchers:
Mike Soroka (no card, still very young if you want to take a flier. Will keep otherwise)
Alex Reyes
Aroldis Chapman
Matt Barnes
Jameson Taillon
Mike Minor
Will Smith

The type of trade will depend on who you want of course but let me know if interested in any.

Stoney18

PostMon Jan 31, 2022 4:59 pm

Great time to start the conversation.

Phanatics are also looking to compete this year and have some young players/bounceback candidates for rebuilding teams and possible position swaps for contending teams.

SP - 6 deep with good SP with Marco Gonzales most available. Zach Eflin for rebuilders.
Young hitters Lane Thomas & Josh Rojas as well as Luke Voit for rebuilders
If Quinn gets carded a great platoon lead off option
Justin Turner if you're looking for 3B

Open to all ideas but looking for 1B, 2B & DH help vs righties.

Hamilton17

PostMon Jan 31, 2022 7:44 pm

Thank you all for the offers on the RP's. I think I had a couple of very good offers. Unfortunately, I caught COVID last Sunday and missed a couple days of activity here. :) All good. On the road to recovery.

I'm going to play this one slow. Still interested in pulling the trigger on a RP, but closer to the draft. Thanks again!

Eddie E

PostTue Feb 01, 2022 3:43 pm

To the noncontenders out there:

I could use some relief pitching. Doesnt have to be a stud but of course would listen to a deal with a really good reliever. take a look and let's talk, what can it hurt?

Remember, just this year I traded away Nick Castellanos, Dylan Cease and Shane Baz. So its pretty easy to talk me into a bad deal. :roll:

seanreflex

PostWed Feb 02, 2022 10:50 am

Eddie E wrote:To the noncontenders out there:

I could use some relief pitching. Doesn't have to be a stud but of course would listen to a deal with a really good reliever. take a look and let's talk, what can it hurt?

Remember, just this year I traded away Nick Castellanos, Dylan Cease and Shane Baz. So its pretty easy to talk me into a bad deal. :roll:

Wait a MINUTE!!! Let me see if I got this straight. I took a Logic course in grad school, but that was over 30 years ago.

The facts:

1. Preacher (aka Hamilton) puts out a request for bids on RP's
2. Shark (aka Eddie E) puts a note out immediately following Preacher's note, STRONGLY suggesting he not engage in any trading for the first year in this league full of "Sharks"
3. Preacher receives (by his own admission) a couple of very good offers
4. Preacher politely declines all offers, opting to "play it slow" (sound similar to Eddie's advice?)
5. Eddie puts out an info-mercial claiming that he needs RP help, but he's a very bad trader and throws himself at the mercy of the other managers in the league.

I think that about covers it. Did I miss anything?

Oh, yes, I did ...

1. Eddie has won more championships in this league than any other manager
2. Eddie won 125 and 118 games last year (in his defense, he did choke in the playoffs in both seasons)

And another thing - I have no credibility in this league, as I've completely sucked every season I've been here. My goal here is to be able to climb high enough in the standings to even SEE Eddie's team from my vantage point.

It's a slow winter, with no Hot Stove season to keep us engaged, so I just thought I'd stir it up a bit by injecting a little humor into the situation.

Eddie, if I had a decent RP, I would make you an offer, so that you could talk me into giving him up for your 17th Rd FA pick! :D

Humbly Yours,

The Bottom Dweller (aka seanreflex)
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat