DUAL FRANCHISE LEAGUE SEASON 8

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

nymets99

Re: DUAL FRANCHISE LEAGUE SEASON 8

PostWed Jan 13, 2016 5:49 pm

Harmon Killebrew wrote:Yes Congratulations to the Toine! St Louis has posted the last two champs and 3 out of 7.

And all 3 times without the benefit of a real ace , and season 8 will have Pete on
The cards!!! It's going to be tough

Toine

PostWed Jan 13, 2016 11:09 pm

As you probably noticed I have been mum on this whole subject of Ross Barnes and Lady Baldwin and I guess some others. I have not done any research on the subject, nor do I intend to. What little info I have on these players is what I read here on the boards. So let's put this subject to bed ( just like Satchel Paige) and I've decided that all of these players will not be affiliated with any franchise , however they will be eligible as free agents. As good as offensive card Barnes has, if someone wants to spend 11.5 million on a 2B with an E30 rating; have at it .

Like someone else mentioned there were far less problems using just the Post WW Ii Set...I couldn't agree more...something to think about next season.

Let's fill this thing soon and start building our teams.

fraank123

PostThu Jan 14, 2016 12:18 am

Congratulations Toine for the win.

Thanks also for putting to rest the barnes etal issue. Right wrong or indifferent it's good that we're all on the same page.
Now that the determination has been rendered it should go much smoother next season if we opt to use all of the eras again.

Musial6

PostThu Jan 14, 2016 10:19 am

Toine wrote:As you probably noticed I have been mum on this whole subject of Ross Barnes and Lady Baldwin and I guess some others. I have not done any research on the subject, nor do I intend to. What little info I have on these players is what I read here on the boards. So let's put this subject to bed ( just like Satchel Paige) and I've decided that all of these players will not be affiliated with any franchise , however they will be eligible as free agents. As good as offensive card Barnes has, if someone wants to spend 11.5 million on a 2B with an E30 rating; have at it .

Like someone else mentioned there were far less problems using just the Post WW Ii Set...I couldn't agree more...something to think about next season.

Let's fill this thing soon and start building our teams.

Appreciate your ostrich-like Solomonesque decision; what's your name again - Roger Goodell?

Powrtrip

PostThu Jan 14, 2016 5:25 pm

Hey guys. Why is this taking so long? You would think we would be much smoother at this doing pretty much the same thing for 7 straight seasons. I know we've all got lives but it really doesnt take that long to put together a 2 franchise team especially when there is no draft competition. I'm just anxious to show how it is possible to lead the Cardinals to ignominious defeat.

Musial6

PostThu Jan 14, 2016 6:14 pm

Powrtrip wrote:Hey guys. Why is this taking so long? You would think we would be much smoother at this doing pretty much the same thing for 7 straight seasons. I know we've all got lives but it really doesnt take that long to put together a 2 franchise team especially when there is no draft competition. I'm just anxious to show how it is possible to lead the Cardinals to ignominious defeat.

Well, I'll tell you - I'm getting more and more perturbed by the minute that I am being "forced" to bend over and take this Ross Barnes issue up the you-know-what when there's evidence from Baseball Reference and MLB.com that he played for the Boston Red Stockings who were the predecessors to the Braves, and the Braves. I selected the Braves on the assumption I would get to use him having done that preliminary research. Is that any different than, for example, the Cardinals being able to use Alexander's Phillie's card, or the Reds being able to use Frank Robbie's Oriole's card? There's no consistent logic in that!

Maybe I'm a little sensitive at the moment as to having to take things lying down, since I've been a 21 year season ticket holder of the St. Louis Rams, and do I have to explain to you all about that situation?

So I'm waiting for one more appeal to the Commissioner to reverse his position on this before I decide whether or not I will type "GOPATS" (another ignominious task, I assure you! - that's a joke son, I says that's a joke!......maybe)

screw it - I'm in - gotta wait until 11 p.m. anyway!
Previous

Return to Individual League Chat