Let's draft 'em all for the 3rd time! -- WAIT 'TIL NEXT YEAR

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

tcochran

Let's draft 'em all for the 3rd time! -- WAIT 'TIL NEXT YEAR

PostSat Dec 19, 2015 9:17 pm

EDITED: Rules' updates are now included in the league Google doc at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

A brave group of managers has joined me twice before in a season-ending blowout where we draft and play every player in the set. Wanna do that again?!?

This would be a 3-season commitment, with Majors, Minors, and Instructional leagues, as before. A lot of managers seem to check out before the end of the 900-player draft, though, so I wonder if it might be worthwhile to change things up a bit?

a. Only draft 4 players for each franchise at each of the 11 player slots

b. Do away with the wild card slot and split the SPs into 2 slots, alphabetically by last name, with each list operating on its own as separate slots

c. After 4 rounds in each of the 11 player drafts, let's do the rest on auto-pilot. I can fill in the blanks for each manager based on the next available players for each. No muss, no fuss, and we're done pretty quickly.

If everybody agrees, then I can setup the draft lists over the holidays and we can start the draft on or about January 2. Priority will be given to managers from the first 2 seasons. Any takers?

FROM LAST SEASON
1. jameszimmer
2. tpierce
3. Terry101
4. tcochran - YES
5. Dr.Publix
6. JMP1
7. ghost
8. jflatour99
9. roblatorre
10. azpanthers11
11. MGrammes
12. alk58

ALTERNATES
Last edited by tcochran on Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jflatour99

Re: Let's draft 'em all for the 3rd time!

PostSat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 pm

tcochran wrote:A brave group of managers has joined me twice before in a season-ending blowout where we draft and play every player in the set. Wanna do that again?!?

This would be a 3-season commitment, with Majors, Minors, and Instructional leagues, as before. A lot of managers seem to check out before the end of the 900-player draft, though, so I wonder if it might be worthwhile to change things up a bit?

b. Do away with the wild card slot and split the SPs into 2 slots, alphabetically by last name, with each list operating on its own as separate slots

c. After 4 rounds in each of the 11 player drafts, let's do the rest on auto-pilot. I can fill in the blanks for each manager based on the next available players for each. No muss, no fuss, and we're done pretty quickly.

If everybody agrees, then I can setup the draft lists over the holidays and we can start the draft on or about January 2. Priority will be given to managers from the first 2 seasons. Any takers?

FROM LAST SEASON
1. jameszimmer
2. tpierce
3. Terry101
4. tcochran - YES
5. Dr.Publix
6. JMP1
7. ghost
8. jflatour99 - YES
9. roblatorre
10. azpanthers11
11. MGrammes
12. alk58

ALTERNATES

alk58

PostSun Dec 20, 2015 2:00 am

A brave group of managers has joined me twice before in a season-ending blowout where we draft and play every player in the set. Wanna do that again?!?

FROM LAST SEASON
1. jameszimmer
2. tpierce
3. Terry101
4. tcochran - YES
5. Dr.Publix
6. JMP1
7. ghost
8. jflatour99 - YES
9. roblatorre
10. azpanthers11
11. MGrammes
12. alk58 - No ( it was a lot of fun,I just can't this year)

ALTERNATES
Please send all PM's to allank58@gmail.com

the ghost of roger maris

PostMon Dec 21, 2015 10:24 am

alk58 wrote:A brave group of managers has joined me twice before in a season-ending blowout where we draft and play every player in the set. Wanna do that again?!?

FROM LAST SEASON
1. jameszimmer
2. tpierce
3. Terry101
4. tcochran - YES
5. Dr.Publix
6. JMP1
7. ghost Yes send to deacrick@gmail.com please....
8. jflatour99 - YES
9. roblatorre
10. azpanthers11
11. MGrammes

ALTERNATES
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!

JAMESZIMMER

PostMon Dec 21, 2015 10:57 am

tcochran wrote:A brave group of managers has joined me twice before in a season-ending blowout where we draft and play every player in the set. Wanna do that again?!?

FROM LAST SEASON
1. jameszimmer - out
2. tpierce
3. Terry101
4. tcochran - YES
5. Dr.Publix
6. JMP1
7. ghost
8. jflatour99
9. roblatorre
10. azpanthers11
11. MGrammes
12. alk58

ALTERNATES

tcochran

PostMon Dec 21, 2015 11:10 am

FROM LAST SEASON
1. jameszimmer - out
2. tpierce
3. Terry101
4. tcochran - YES
5. Dr.Publix
6. JMP1
8. jflatour99 - YES
9. roblatorre
10. azpanthers11
11. MGrammes

ALTERNATES

tcochran

PostTue Dec 22, 2015 12:03 pm

bump

Dr.Publix

PostWed Dec 23, 2015 12:13 pm

FROM LAST SEASON
1. jameszimmer - out
2. tpierce
3. Terry101
4. tcochran - YES
5. Dr.Publix- YES
6. JMP1
8. jflatour99 - YES
9. roblatorre
10. azpanthers11
11. MGrammes

ALTERNATES

I'm in either way, but I personally feel like all .5 guys are not created equal so it was always fun for me to try to pick out the bargain guys amongst the rubble. So I'd like to actually draft as many players as possible as opposed to just getting random guys but I understand why you'd think that the end of the draft needs to be changed/less dragged out. Maybe we could somehow have all the players under 2.25 (I think that was the max for the instructional league) be their own category right from the beginning? I don't know, there's problems with that too. Anyway, like I said, I'll be in regardless but my two cents is that I would prefer as little auto-picking as possible for my teams.

jflatour99

PostWed Dec 23, 2015 1:08 pm

PMs sent to the missing ones.

the ghost of roger maris

PostWed Dec 23, 2015 1:28 pm

Dr.Publix wrote:FROM LAST SEASON
1. jameszimmer - out
2. tpierce
3. Terry101
4. tcochran - YES
5. Dr.Publix- YES
6. JMP1
8. jflatour99 - YES
9. roblatorre
10. azpanthers11
11. MGrammes

ALTERNATES

I'm in either way, but I personally feel like all .5 guys are not created equal so it was always fun for me to try to pick out the bargain guys amongst the rubble. So I'd like to actually draft as many players as possible as opposed to just getting random guys but I understand why you'd think that the end of the draft needs to be changed/less dragged out. Maybe we could somehow have all the players under 2.25 (I think that was the max for the instructional league) be their own category right from the beginning? I don't know, there's problems with that too. Anyway, like I said, I'll be in regardless but my two cents is that I would prefer as little auto-picking as possible for my teams.

I liked the system near the end
1/2 hour assigned times then autopick if no response....that way we know when each of us picks and the draft continues on....
like the good doctor I like to pick to fit the needs etc....
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!
Next

Return to Individual League Chat