Golden Era loading---load when ready, SOM will re-order

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Paul_Long71

Re: Golden Era part 2 FA Draft rd5---crimsonfan is up

PostThu Dec 17, 2015 12:09 pm

andycummings65 wrote:I seriously doubt that SOM would change the regular season schedule format.

I agree, but I'd like to play everyone anyway, so I didn't ask them for that. I only asked that each League (AL and NL) get 4 playoff teams (instead of just the top8) and that the AL teams played each other and the NL teams played each other until the Finals.

BDWard

Re: Golden Era 68-93 II - Paging BDWard

PostThu Dec 17, 2015 1:07 pm

FALCON29 wrote:If anyone knows or is in a league with Bernie, (BDWard), could you please NICELY let him know that once he loads the NYY into the East division we can move on to the AL West? Thanks!

Thanks for the heads up. I'll get my team in today, not sure what time, though. Most likely it will be tonight.

rolandzeut

PostThu Dec 17, 2015 1:16 pm

Paul_Long71 wrote: I agree, but I'd like to play everyone anyway, so I didn't ask them for that. I only asked that each League (AL and NL) get 4 playoff teams (instead of just the top8) and that the AL teams played each other and the NL teams played each other until the Finals.

What happens if 6 of the top 8 are NL teams? Do 2 AL teams make playoffs instead with worse records?

Paul_Long71

PostThu Dec 17, 2015 1:26 pm

yes. we are trying to re-create the AL/NL playoff system. Last season, only 4 teams made the playoffs (the 4 division winners) regardless if they were the 4 with the best records. This season, the 4 best records from each league (NL and AL) will make it in. That is what I have asked Strat to set up. They may come back and say no, in which case we will just use their playoff formula (which could/would also put AL teams against NL teams in the playoffs and could lead to a AL vs AL world series---which is not what we want)

Paul_Long71

PostThu Dec 17, 2015 1:43 pm

Just got email back from SOM that they can NOT do our playoff structure as requested. Here is their response:

Hi Paul,

Unfortunately we would not be able to do this. The reason we were able to create
a special playoff schedule for Season 1 is that the structure that was requested
already existed in our library. Sorry about that Paul!

so, I guess we're going with whatever their 24-team playoff system is. and if the Yanks play the Red Sox in the World Series so be it.

seems pretty weak that they have nothing that insures the NL and the AL would have their own playoffs and then meet in the finals but it's not my call.

we could do the same we did last year, but then only 4 teams make the playoffs and win credits. I'd rather have 8 teams move on and have a chance at the credits.

MIKEGILBERT

PostThu Dec 17, 2015 1:54 pm

Just saw that BD will enter later today.

I know that SOM will reorder divisions upon request - what about opening it to everyone to load and have SOM sort it out later? It would be best to load by tomorrow, instead of next Friday!

Paul_Long71

PostThu Dec 17, 2015 2:07 pm

I'm ok with that. I'd like to get everyone in by tomorrow. last league we entered in 2 days easy.

Paul_Long71

PostThu Dec 17, 2015 2:08 pm

so....go ahead and enter whenever you are ready and I'll send a note to SOM to re-order the divisions for us.

password is: peterose

bontomn

Re: Golden Era loading---load when ready, SOM will re-order

PostThu Dec 17, 2015 3:05 pm

Paul--I wasn't in the first time around, and I have absolutely no idea of how to find--much less join--this league. Please walk me through the process. "Click on the above link" does nothing except give me a list of the eligible players. My team is ready to load and I'll enter tonight if you'll tell me how to do it. Tom

dinsdale

Re: Golden Era loading---load when ready, SOM will re-order

PostThu Dec 17, 2015 3:38 pm

I'm in
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat