Mini $140 DH Franchise DRAFT - Draft Finishing up

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

andycummings65

Re: Mini $140 DH Franchise DRAFT - Round 3 - bcp...JoeyC...n

PostTue Apr 01, 2014 7:02 pm

Two ways to handle it--I've seen both used.

One says whatever grouping they are with is who they belong to--in other words the grouping they are in is what matters.

The other way, what I believe you are saying you want us to do,is if they are carded to the twins they belong to the twins even if the grouping is Washington.

nomadbrad

PostTue Apr 01, 2014 7:36 pm

andycummings65 wrote:Two ways to handle it--I've seen both used.

One says whatever grouping they are with is who they belong to--in other words the grouping they are in is what matters.

The other way, what I believe you are saying you want us to do,is if they are carded to the twins they belong to the twins even if the grouping is Washington.

Andy, What do you suggest? I don't want to combine the Senators and Twins now that the draft is under way. To me it seems better to go with what the card says. However, you have far more experience with these themed leagues. Do you suggest going with the lists?? My problem as commish is that I don't have time to police what grouping the player is in, however, it is easy for me to decide if a player belongs on a certain owners team when I see that owner A owns the Twins and the version of Kaat he has says TWINS on the card, instead of doing a filtered search to see which franchise SOM decided to pidgeon hole him under....smell what I'm cookin??

To be honest I'm easy, I can be convinced to go either way, but please consider my position of what is easiest to police to make sure an owner isn't pulling a fast one either. Feel free to call me also if you want to discuss, this banter back and forth could take hours to iron out in order for you to make your pick.

andycummings65

PostTue Apr 01, 2014 7:40 pm

I guess the best thing is to with what their card says. It's easier to go by the WAS-post grouping, but that devalues the Twins. I would say go with what the card says.

andycummings65

PostTue Apr 01, 2014 7:42 pm

For my upcoming pick, I much PREFeR to go by the WAS-post grouping, but I think that goes against the spirit of what you want.
8-)

kunkel40

PostTue Apr 01, 2014 7:44 pm

andycummings65 wrote:I guess the best thing is to with what their card says. It's easier to go by the WAS-post grouping, but that devalues the Twins. I would say go with what the card says.

Andy for further reference is there a lot of cards like that or just with the 4 franchises you mentioned?

andycummings65

PostTue Apr 01, 2014 7:47 pm

Well let's see. No I think with the a's and giants and dodgers staying together, the senators and browns are the main culprits.

nomadbrad

PostTue Apr 01, 2014 7:49 pm

kunkel40 wrote:
andycummings65 wrote:I guess the best thing is to with what their card says. It's easier to go by the WAS-post grouping, but that devalues the Twins. I would say go with what the card says.

Andy for further reference is there a lot of cards like that or just with the 4 franchises you mentioned?

For me it's a non starter with the Browns, I can't think of a single valuable player that would conflict between the 2 franchises.

However, there are a handful of decent, but not great crossovers between the twins and senators, the 3 that come to mind are Kaat, Killebrew and Oliva, not sure that they're must haves on a $140 roster, but I have seen all 3 players on various $140 teams from time to time.

Are these the 3 you're most concerned about Andy?

kunkel40

PostTue Apr 01, 2014 7:53 pm

andycummings65 wrote:Well let's see. No I think with the a's and giants and dodgers staying together, the senators and browns are the main culprits.

Thank you

andycummings65

PostTue Apr 01, 2014 8:14 pm

After all that, just noticed Tigers weren't taken yet. I don't think I can pass them up. TIGERS for me please.

nomadbrad

PostTue Apr 01, 2014 8:58 pm

After the 8 hour or so rain delay....DRUM ROLL PLEASE....with the Tigers there I was scratching my head what Andy was dickering around with the other guys....I guess the 8 hour Bobby Fischer moves gets MATE!

ROUND 1
1 - Kunkel - Yankees
2 - andycummings65 - Giants
3 - nomadbrad - NeL
4 - JoeyC - St. Louis Cardinals
5 - bcp7 - Red Sox
6 - muellerinwesttn - Athletics

ROUND 2
1 - muellerinwesttn - Cubs
2 - bcp7 - Braves
3 - JoeyC - Dodgers
4 - nomadbrad - Phillies