6 - Kunkel

ROUND 4 - Name your Franchise PLUS your STADIUM
1 - muellerinwesttn
2 - bcp7
3 - JoeyC
4 - nomadbrad
5 - andycummings65
6 - Kunkel

HI ALL LOOKING TO FINISH DRAFT by Wednesday afternoon at the latest. Please take the time to check in a few times throughout the draft to help keep it moving along.

* If a player has 2 or more cards with differing franchises.....the HIGHEST $ card wins the tie breaker and belongs to that owner regardless how many season a player plays for a team.

**Each owner builds their BEST $140M team WITH DH...from the 4 franchises....PLUS picks a STADIUM from one of the 4 Franchises.

Franchises to consider ....HEY GUYS....did I leave out any of the Franchises or is the list found below complete?

PRIMO Franchises : BOS Redsox, NY Yankees, CLE Indians, CHIcubs, CHIsox, CIN Reds, DET Tigers, Phillies, PIT Pirates, STL Cardinals, Dodgers (LA & Bkln), Braves (Bos, Mil & Atl), A's (Phi, KC and Oak), Giants (NY & SF) and yes, NeL.

Also Rans: HOU Astros, WAS Senators, STL Browns, MIN Twins, KC Royals, MIL Brewers, Angels, SEA Mariners,Tex Rangers, TOR BlueJays, MTL Expos,SD Padres, COL Rockies, FL Marlins, ARI DBacks

** The Dodgers, Braves, A's and Giants are all package franchises, so if you take the Dodgers you get BOTH LA and Bkln
Last edited by nomadbrad on Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:56 am, edited 10 times in total.

nomadbrad

New Mini $140 DH Quad Franchise DRAFT - everyone check in pl

PostMon Mar 31, 2014 8:52 am

One more thing can we get everyone to check in to confirm that we are all here BEFORE Kunkel makes the first pick?...want to make sure everyone agrees to the format and to clarify any questions BEFORE somebody picks any of the franchises....thanks guys....count me as checking in.

1 - nomadbrad - checked in aye :D
2 - bcp7
3 - kunkel40
4 - JoeyC
5 - muellerinwesttn
6 -andycummings65

nomadbrad

Re: Mini $140 DH Franchise DRAFT - everyone check in please

PostMon Mar 31, 2014 8:57 am

Hi all, I'm a high school math teacher in Bakersfield, CA....so I'm kind in communicado during the day, but I will check my smart phone once an hour or so to see If I'm up and at that time will make my pick should I be up....please copy and past this list when making your picks...thanks in advance.

Once everyone checks in this morning, Kunk will be on the clock.

ROUND 1
1 - Kunkel
2 - andycummings65
3 - nomadbrad
4 - JoeyC
5 - bcp7
6 - muellerinwesttn

ROUND 2
1 - muellerinwesttn
2 - bcp7
3 - JoeyC
4 - nomadbrad
5 - andycummings65
6 - Kunkel

ROUND 3
1 - muellerinwesttn
2 - bcp7
3 - JoeyC
4 - nomadbrad
5 - andycummings65
6 - Kunkel

ROUND 4 - Name your Franchise PLUS your STADIUM
1 - muellerinwesttn
2 - bcp7
3 - JoeyC
4 - nomadbrad
5 - andycummings65
6 - Kunkel

kunkel40

Re: New Mini $140 DH Quad Franchise DRAFT - everyone check i

PostMon Mar 31, 2014 9:00 am

nomadbrad@sbcglobal.net wrote:One more thing can we get everyone to check in to confirm that we are all here BEFORE Kunkel makes the first pick?...want to make sure everyone agrees to the format and to clarify any questions BEFORE somebody picks any of the franchises....thanks guys....count me as checking in.

2 - bcp7
3 - kunkel40 - I'm around
4 - JoeyC
5 - muellerinwesttn
6 -andycummings65

JoeyC

PostMon Mar 31, 2014 9:32 am

kunkel40 wrote:
nomadbrad@sbcglobal.net wrote:One more thing can we get everyone to check in to confirm that we are all here BEFORE Kunkel makes the first pick?...want to make sure everyone agrees to the format and to clarify any questions BEFORE somebody picks any of the franchises....thanks guys....count me as checking in.

2 - bcp7
3 - kunkel40 - I'm around
4 - JoeyC - Checked in
5 - muellerinwesttn
6 -andycummings65

Question - I understand that a player is basically "owned" by the team he has the highest card value for, but what if that Franchise doesn't take him? For example, Joe Torre - he belongs to the Cards, but what if that "combined franchise" doesn't take him, can the Braves franchise take him and use his Braves card? Or are the players only able to be used by the highest card value franchise?

andycummings65

PostMon Mar 31, 2014 9:54 am

[/quote]

Question - I understand that a player is basically "owned" by the team he has the highest card value for, but what if that Franchise doesn't take him? For example, Joe Torre - he belongs to the Cards, but what if that "combined franchise" doesn't take him, can the Braves franchise take him and use his Braves card? Or are the players only able to be used by the highest card value franchise?[/quote]

This is my question as well. Also, maybe I missed it, but if we win the rights to a player by virtue of highest $$ card, can we use ANY card that represents that player?

nomadbrad

PostMon Mar 31, 2014 10:08 am

the intent of the league was this...the franchise owns the highest valued card...so if the franchise is taken and Tori is not chosen he may not be taken by the next franchise...in other words if no one takes Montreal...then the owner of Boston may take Pedro...but if someone takes Montreal and doesn't use the Pedro card heaven forbid...Red Sox franchise may not use Pedro

JoeyC

PostMon Mar 31, 2014 10:13 am

So, as a follow-up to Andy's question, if (for example) I have the A's, I can use a lesser value Al Simmons card? I'm not locked into only using his highest value card, right?

Thanks!

kunkel40

PostMon Mar 31, 2014 10:23 am

I know what happens when I assume something, but I did assume that since the rules showed a franchise won the player with the highest card. That we use only the highest salary card.
Example: Hornsby 12.89 StL, Speaker 13.41 Bos, Ruth NYY 15.10, Foxx PHA 13.16, Cobb Det 11.41
Or am I assuming wrong.
Last edited by kunkel40 on Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

andycummings65

PostMon Mar 31, 2014 10:25 am

I assumed that highest $$ card gave you rights to the player, but didn't imply you HAD to use that highest card
Next

Return to Individual League Chat