Friday Night Live - with Frenzy

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Strat-O-Matic

Friday Night Live - with Frenzy

PostMon Jan 27, 2014 2:22 am

Hello all,

We've fixed the situation with the rosters; everyone should now have all the players they drafted. The issue was caused by the UK Live Draft Kings getting Kirby Higbe twice. Aside from that we hope the rest of the live draft went smoothly for you. We're sorry for the inconvenience and confusion caused by the roster situation.

We'd like to work with you to schedule a new "Frenzy" date and time this week. Please post in this topic your opinions of when this new time should be and what your preferences are, and hopefully there will be a consensus that works for most or all of you. Technically we do have this whole week before the season starts next Monday (Feb. 3), but obviously we'd like to get this coordinated as soon as it is convenient for you. We'll email you, as well post an update on your teams' Front Office, with any news.

To the owner of the UK Live Draft Kings: please let us know which player/card you'd like for your missing pick and he will be added to your roster.

In any case, you have until Sunday night, Feb. 2, at 11:59pm ET to choose your ballpark.

Thank you for your attention and we apologize once again.

nomadbrad

Re: Friday Night Live - with Frenzy

PostMon Jan 27, 2014 3:06 am

The reason many if not all of us did this particular LIVE draft with Frenzy was that it was going to occur on a Friday night and later Sunday Morning....many of us work and are in different time zones from California to the UK, which makes a Frenzy that is going to work for all 12 owners...I believe UK joined the league since the Draft + Frenzy would occur at 10am Eastern on a Sunday morning.

I'm very disappointed that we were told that the bugs had been worked out....I understand that freak accidents occur....but in most service industries, food service, motels, airlines, movie theaters, etc...when a freak occurrence happens patrons are offered free movie tickets, meals, complimentary night stays or flight tickets....I am a bit surprised that SOM isn't offering a similar consideration to each of us patrons that have been inconvenienced and had the experience of this league's Live Draft + Frenzy ruined...I think each of us would like to hear what SOM is offering in compensation...perhaps even disbanding the league and giving each of us 2 credits to spend on other leagues where we can join for times that will work for everone....I think it will be difficult to meet everyone's needs for a unanimously equitable solution for this league....but if the other 11 in the league can agree on a date and time for a FRENZY then I will abide by it, even if it means I can't be present. I feel that will be the case for a handful of the other owners even if six to eight owners can agree on a day and hour for the frenzy to occur....this is NOT what all 12 of us signed up for unfortunately.

I know that hundreds, if not, thousands of MOCK drafts were conducted.....How many of them done at Caps other than $80 and $999M.....and how many Mock drafts were conducted with Immediate Frenzies afterwards with caps other than 80 or 999M???

I feel like we were kind of like Guinea Pigs doing a $130M league with FRENZY...but I was confident that it would work based on the claims that the product was bug free....I don't know if you read my threads on the public forum, but it was I that had TWO different threads last fall that all "I wanted for Christmas was a LIVE draft"....it was I that was positive and defended SOM, that I was confident that SOM would eventually have a LIVE draft product, since it just made good sense....I for one will ONLY be doing LIVE drafts at caps between $100 and $150M.....I sure hope that the LIVE draft product will be bug free soon....since once it works without bugs plan on using it extensively and promote it to other owners....with that said, I believe each of us deserve at a MINIMUM 2 credits each to use in the future....it would be the right thing to do as with any other QUALITY service industry most of us give our business to.

bigmahon

PostMon Jan 27, 2014 8:12 am

Strat-O-Matic wrote:To the owner of the UK Live Draft Kings: please let us know which player/card you'd like for your missing pick and he will be added to your roster.

A bit late, no? The misfire happened in Round 15, so not only did I not get who I wanted in that round, but I had to bear the burden of less cap space for the next 10 rounds. So now I get somebody that nobody else particularly wanted?? :shock: :lol:

I paid my $$ for the team just like everyone else. I expect a bit more. Tough enough to compete with this group, without having to bear a significant disadvantage. :?

Sincerely,

bigmahon
Stratomatic customer since 1973 (SOM online since 2002)

N Texas Widowmakers

PostMon Jan 27, 2014 10:16 am

There were other issues too. The sound effects and chat box quit working in the first round.

Frank Bailey

PostMon Jan 27, 2014 11:52 am

In league mail, players seem to be leaning toward switching to waivers ASAP.

If we stick with frenzy, sooner the better is best for me.

hackra

PostMon Jan 27, 2014 11:59 am

I agree with all the other manager comments here.

drfreeze49

PostMon Jan 27, 2014 12:03 pm

I agree although ,Strat always seems to act :evil: under the veil of secrecy ...kind of reminds me of "The Wizard of OZ"

Chuck1234

PostMon Jan 27, 2014 12:45 pm

The ICONS!!!

Featuring Hal---> :)
Also Bernie---> :P

ANNNDDD Evil Management---> :twisted:

"Hey Bernie, what happened to the Live Draft in the 'Friday Night Live' League? I thought we road tested the draft for weeks and passed all the tests!!" :)
"Well, Hal, when we road tested it, we must not have come back with all the parts". :(
"These guys almost folded up the league up like a lawn chair! Good thing we have memories backing it up and completed their rosters". :)
"What league was it again"? :|
"Ok Hal, we reinstated all the picks and instead of a frenzy, we just offer a regular waiver period. I thought this league was supposed to be on Friday!! It went Sunday. They couldn't get THAT right!!!" :P
"What happened to the Friday Night Live League?? Screwing up AGAIN, HUH!!!" :twisted:
"Their rosters weren't completed and the system froze... We backed it up though, and they want FREE CREDITS for the inconvenience because some owners were at a disadvantage". :x
"What do you mean 'not completed''? Didn't you add in the instructions like any other product that sells in stores 'some assembly required!!!' Do we have to do all the work!??!!" :twisted:
"Should we give them a free credit? They were pretty mad".
"Why should I give out free credits just because someone wasn't satisfied!! Pretty soon, everyone will want credits for ending up in last place in the league or getting screwed on the AUTODRAFT!!!" :twisted:
"Who manages and sorts the autodraft anyways, I always wondered". :|
"I do... ha, ha, haaaa" :twisted:

Chuck1234

PostMon Jan 27, 2014 1:04 pm

I don't have any problem with waivers instead of a frenzy. Being a fan of SOM, I do have fun with it. If management is offended, give yourself a free credit too. Oh, the commissioner icon DOES look like a garbage can. Good bunch of guys here and let's get this league rolling. Let us know....

Sincerely,
Fan and door mat for many leagues,
Delivery Boy...

DOUGELKE

PostMon Jan 27, 2014 2:09 pm

If we do waivers,what will be the order in which we pick since nobody lost any of the picks they made.
Next

Return to Individual League Chat